Reunited

Destined

“JUNMYEON-AH!” a familiar voice screamed out.

            I looked back and there she was. Standing on the shore, waving and screaming my name out. Before I could get to her, the strong waves pulled me further away. Her figure got smaller as the waves kept coming back—sweeping me off to the middle of the ocean. Gushes of water got into my lungs as I tried to swim back to shore.

            I can't lose her again.

            “YEON!” I screamed out for her desperately.

            I tried to reach out for her, but the waves were stronger than me. Before I knew it, I was slowly drowning into the ocean. I felt very uneasy as I felt the intense pressure on my chest. I tried to open my mouth to let the oxygen in, but the only thing that got into my lungs was salt water.

            I tried to take a peek to see if she was still there waving at me, but she was gone. She had left me out in the ocean to drown on my own. Did I make her wait too long?

 

 

 

 

            Junmyeon quickly rose up from his bed while clutching his chest. Eleven pair of eyes were staring at him, making him startled.

            “Hyung, are you okay?” Sehun asked.

            “You were mumbling really loud just seconds ago...” Chanyeol cooed beside Baekhyun.

            “Is it a bad dream hyung?” Lay rubbed Junmyeon's back, trying to comfort him.

            “I just,” Junmyeon was still trying to catch his breath.

            “It's nothing. And it was a bad dream Yixing, but you don't have to worry because it was just a dream.” Junmyeon smiled to all of s.

             “Do you want us to sleep in your room? To make sure you are okay.” Lay pouted.

              “It’s okay Yixing. I’ll be fine on my own.” Junmyeon rubbed his temples together.

               “Okay hyung.. We’re going to go back to sleep now then. Goodnight hyung! Don’t get anymore nightmares or I will have to come over here and sleep with you!” Lay ruffled Junmyeon’s hair as he stood up from the bed.

                After the worrisome members had disappeared into their room, Junmyeon got off his bed and grabbed a sweater from his closet. He looked at his reflection on the mirror and noticed wrinkles were starting to form on his face and his dark eye bags were starting to become visible. He grabbed the corner of his mouth and lifted it up, forcing a smile on his face, but it faded away too quickly.

                 He silently opened his door, slightly poking his head out to check if anyone was awake and luckily no one was. As he headed out of the dorm, he put on his hood so no one could recognize him as he walks though the city. It didn’t take him long to finally arrive at the place he had wanted to go to. As he went inside the small restaurant, aroma of ddeokbokki and odeng hit his face. He sat down on one of the chairs and observed the restaurant.

            It never changed, Junmyeon thought as he looked around.

            A waiter suddenly approached and startled him.

            “Aren’t you Suho from EXO?” the waiter pointed at him.

            “Uhh.. well—“

            “Haha don’t worry I won’t tell anyone.” he smiled at him.

            The waiter then took his order and quickly came back with his food.

            “One soondae and bulgogi. And one bottle of soju.” he placed down the order and walked away.

            Junmyeon usually just stays in the dorm and eats Kyungsoo’s cooking, but this time he didn’t want to be in the dorm. He wanted to be alone. He tried to savour every bite of the food, but he just couldn’t. He couldn’t because all he sees is Yeon everywhere. How they would go to this place after they have finished their homework. He could imagine Yeon sitting in front of him laughing and joking around.

            He filled his cup with soju, and drank away. Thinking the alcohol could wash away the painful memories. He ordered another bottle after another until he could no longer walk straight. He paid for his food and headed out of the restaurant drunk.

            Everything was a blur to him. He could not walk properly, see properly or act properly. Fortunately, there were only a few people at this time.

            “KWON HEE YEON!” he screamed out her name.

            As he walked crookedly through the streets, he accidentally bumped into a man who was twice as big as him.

            “Yah! What’s your problem?” the stranger yelled angrily.

            “Ehh?” Junmyeon looked up to the stranger and noticed he had a built body that could probably snap him in half like a toothpick.

            “Nice muscles.” Junmyeon poked the stranger’s biceps and giggled.

            The man shoved Junmyeon and threw a punch straight at his face causing Junmyeon to fall down on the hard, rough pavement. The man strongly kicked him in the back and walked away, leaving Junmyeon lying down on the ground. He hugged his knees together, making him feel safe in a way.

            He felt a hand grab him off the ground, but he could not recognize who it was because he was not in the right state of mind.

            “Ah aigoo, Kim Junmyeon.” he heard a familiar voice.

            He tried to open his eyes wider to see who it was, but it was painful for him to do. The voice in the background slowly faded away and everything went pitch black.

 

 

            Junmyeon woke up to the endless vibration from his phone. As he opened his eyes, he realized he was not in his dorm, neither his house. He tried to get up from the bed, but he couldn’t do so because of the amount of pain he was feeling all over his body. As Junmyeon forced his own self to get up, the door of the room opened.

            There, stood a young woman with a small figure, wearing a white t-shirt and light washed jeans. She had round almond eyes that filled with misery yet with happiness, high rosy cheeks and small pink lips.

            “No way...” Junmyeon mumbled under his breath.

            “You were drunk last night and got beaten up really badly. I was roaming around the city and I found you on the ground all bruised up...” she looked down  to the ground, avoiding eye contact with him.

            “You also might want to call your members or respond to their texts. They are worried about you...” she continued on.

            “Y-Yeon... Is that you?” Junmyeon stuttered.

            “Huh? Oh... Yes it is.” she finally looked up and looked in Junmyeon’s way.

            Junmyeon didn’t know if he should cry in pain because he had felt bad for abandoning her, or cry out of happiness because he had finally found her. It was the same for Yeon, she did not know whether to feel heartbroken or to feel content.

            “Oh! I need to treat your wounds and clean them again.” Yeon broke the silence and grabbed a first aid kit on the top of her study table.

            Yeon helped Junmyeon sit up into a more comfortable position and Junmyeon couldn’t help but stare at her face. Yeon sat down in front of him so she could get a better view of his face. Yeon gently dabbed rubbing alcohol on Junmyeon’s cut making him groan in pain.

            “Sorry! I’m trying to make it less painful. Plus it’s your fault for not bringing someone with you if you were planning to drink and get drunk! Luckily, I’m the one that found you or else your name would be on the internet and newspaper right now.” she covered Junmyeon’s cut with a band aid.

            She still cares for me, Junmyeon thought. He observed her face like it was a new object that was invented not too long ago. Junmyeon noticed the dark bags underneath her eyes, her skin had become a bit dull, and she looked thinner than before. He worried about her. Worried that she wasn’t taking care of her own self enough.

            “Have you been taking care of yourself well? Do you eat regularly? Do you sleep enough?” Junmyeon blurted out.

            Yeon suddenly stopped treating Junmyeon’s wound and stared at him for a couple of seconds like she could not believe he just asked her such questions.

            “Yah! Aren’t I supposed to ask you that, Mr. Kim? Roaming around the city at night, drunk. Getting beat up to death.” she crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows.

            “Well I.. uh—“  he stammered through his words.

            “That’s what I thought!” she continued to apply medicine on his wounds.

            Junmyeon tried to move his eyes to examine the room, but couldn’t do so because he knew very well that if he moved his head, Yeon would yell at him. The room was so tiny that it could only fill up three people or less. The Batman action figure that was sitting on her study table caught his attention the most.

            “Ah, you still have it?” Junmyeon looked into her eyes.

            “Have what?” Yeon murmured as she placed the last band aid above his left eyebrow.

            “That.” Junmyeon pointed at the action figure.

            Yeon turned her head around to see what Junmyeon was talking about.

            “Oh, of course I do.” she grabbed the medicine and the bandages, placing them back in the kit.

            “Did you reply back to your members?” she tried to change the subject.

            “Not yet. I’ll do that now.” Junmyeon grabbed his phone underneath his pillow.

            Junmyeon’s phone was bombarded with texts and missed calls from s.

            52 missed calls. 104 text messages.

            He scrolled through his contact list as he tried to find the easiest, most understanding person to talk to. Lay. As Junmyeon made a call, Yeon left the room to give Junmyeon privacy.

            “Hyung?! Where are you?” Lay answered his phone.

            “Is that Junmyeon? Give me your phone!” Junmyeon could hear Kris’s voice in the background.

            “Yah! Kim Junmyeon! Where are you?” Kris yelled in a loud tone.

            “I am somewhere safe I can tell you that, but don’t worry I am fine.” Junmyeon massaged his temples.

            “Do you want me to pick you up? You are so lucky we don’t have a schedule today.” Kris said in relief.

            “No it’s fine. I can walk there safely. I have to go now. I’ll be there soon!” Junmyeon hanged up.

            Feeling burdened for staying at Yeon’s house, especially drunk, Junmyeon stood up from the bed, grabbing the blanket he had used and folded it neatly.

            “What are you doing?” Yeon stood at the doorway, carrying a tray of food.

            “Making the bed?” Junmyeon responded in confusion.

            “I could do it you know?” she mumbled.

            “It’s fine. I feel like I should at least do something back since you let me stay at your house for the night and well, you basically saved me like a superhero.” he chuckled.

            “Oh it’s nothing... That’s what friends are for, right?” she set down the tray on the dresser beside her.

            Friends. The word had hit Junmyeon pretty hard like the punch he received last night. Actually no, it was worse than that.

            “Oh... right... friends.” he sulked.

            “Do you want to eat here or at the dining?” she cleared .

            “Dining will be fine.” he answered.

            “Okay.” she grabbed the tray once again and led Junmyeon the way.

            Junmyeon hasn’t seen Yeon’s house clearly before due to the amount of alcohol he took in last night, but he noticed how the house was very quiet. When he would go to Yeon’s house before, it was very chaotic. Ms. Kwon would always scold Yeon for having a messy room and for not doing the chores.

            Yeon grew up with no father, so she only had her mother throughout her childhood life. She remembered how her mother had said that her father abandoned them when she was only a year old, but those conversations with her mother weren’t very vivid for her at all because she didn’t care about her father. She only cared about her mother.

            “Wow. It’s tiny and cute.” he observed every bit of space in the room.

            “Where’s eommeo-nim? Wait. Is that your table?” he asked as he pointed at the small table that was standing in front of him.

            “Eomma moved to Busan about a year ago because she found a job there that paid better than here. And uh yes... I’m sorry if it’s small. I usually don’t bring people to my house at all so I only have miniature furniture.” she laid down all the food at the table.

            “You don’t need to worry. I was just asking, plus this tiny furniture fits your size.” he ruffled her hair.

            Heat crawled up her cheeks as he did the unexpected gesture so suddenly to her. Although he was finally with her, Yeon was scared. She knew this moment wouldn’t last long. They are both living in a both different world. He is an idol that is well known all over Asia and she’s just a normal girl that lives in a lacking small house.

            “Did you cook all of this?” he interrupted your thoughts.

            “Oh... Yes I did.” she stood up and headed towards the kitchen.

            “I never knew you could cook! I’m surprised it’s not burnt.” he grabbed his chopsticks, grabbing a piece of kimchi.

            “Yah! Do you not have faith in me when it comes to cooking?” she pouted.

            “You’re trying to make me feel bad aren’t you?” he raised an eyebrow.

            “Is it working?” she chuckled.

            “In your dreams!” he tried to wink, but he couldn’t do so due to the bruise that was on his eye.

            Yeon wasn’t expecting the wink neither was the face that he made when he tried to do it. She bursted into laughter causing her to fall on the ground and drop the cups she was holding.

           

            Junmyeon forgot how Yeon always looked beautiful whenever she smiled or laughed. Wrinkles formed at the corner of her eyes as she continued to laugh. Her almond eyes transformed into curved lines and her rosy cheeks beamed up brightly.

            Still staring at Yeon, Junmyeon finally managed to talk, “Yah! If I wasn’t injured, I would’ve tickled you to death right now. Kwon Hee Yeon.”

            “Yeah, okay there, gramps.” Yeon tried to catch up with her breathing as she picked up the cups that were dropped.

            Yeon stood up from the cold tiled floor and quickly rinsed off the dirty cups. She shuffled herself back to the table and watched Junmyeon as he ate like he never ate for thousands of years.

            “I never knew you could cook so well, Yeon.” he looked up to meet her eyes and there it was. He got the feeling.

            The feeling when you just look at someone and you realize how beautiful they actually are. You notice every bit of their features and how it is fully built with perfection and imperfections yet you don’t even care if they are perfect or not. All he wanted to do was to stare at her. Stare at her beautiful face. Every curve of it. It didn’t even matter to Junmyeon as there were strands of hair blocking parts of her face. Nothing mattered to him at that moment. He stared at her not for long, but enough for him to fall in love with her all over again.

            “I should get going now. My members are looking for me and I am pretty sure my manager will be pretty mad at me.” Junmyeon scratched the back of his neck as he stood up from the table.

            “Oh. Yeah sure! I’ll get your stuff then.” she swiftly went to her room, grabbing everything Junmyeon had which was only a phone and a jacket.

            “Here you go mister.” she carefully helped Junmyeon put on his jacket as his body was still in pain due to the incident from last night.            

            “Do you have a phone?” Junmyeon asked.

            “I don’t.” Yeon lied to him.

            “It’s okay. I’ll just memorize where you live and I will visit you.” he smirked.

            Oh that’s just great, Yeon thought as she rolled her eyes.

            “I will see you soon then!” Junmyeon suddenly pulled her into an embrace, causing Yeon to have a panic attack inside her mind. It’s been long since they had been this close to each other. Even when they were in high school, they hardly embraced each other—they would just do their own made-up handshakes. Although she was panicking inside, she managed to hug him back very tightly. They stayed like that for a minute, not wanting to let go of each other.

            “It was nice to see you again, Kwon Hee Yeon. And you look absolutely beautiful.” he whispered into her ear, then finally unattached himself from her as he took his leave. 

 

 

 

A/N: I am sorry I haven't updated for a while because of exams ): but I promise y'all that I'll be more updated after my exams! :)