Bittersweet

Snatched

All this waiting was killing them. You could cut the tension with a knife. Everyone just sat there waiting for some news, anything to tell them what was going on. 

No news came. For nearly an hour they had been there. Kyungsoo sat frozen in his seat, not daring to speak lest his voice betray him. Joonmyun pacing up and down, up and down, the blood of Jongin stained onto parts of his hands.

"They've been in there for too long now" he said, his voice wavering a bit before he ran a hand through his hair 
"The doctors know what they're doing Joonmyun, we just have to sit and wait" Tao said gently but Joonmyun couldn't sit, his nerves were getting the best of him and pacing was the only way to calm him down. 

Eventually Baekhyun was able to find them. What should have been a joyous reunion in finding out all of his friends were safe was cut short when he realised that one of them was in danger. All he could do was sit there and comfort Kyungsoo, try to get him up to get something to eat or try to get him to go with the others to visit Sehun. Anything to get this boy up and about and somehow out of the nightmare he was currently living. 

Yixing sat with them. He sat as far away as possible from them. He couldn't leave, he had to find out if Jongin was going to live or not just like everyone else was. 

Once the ambulance arrived, Yixing went straight to Minseok and told him. He told him everything starting from being kidnapped in China up until that present moment. He told him about what Yunho and the others had done, his role he had to play in it. No longer would his conscience feel heavy and guilty. Everybody knew the role he had to play. No longer did he have to keep up with the lies and put others in danger. 

His role with Yunho was over. He was finally free. 

"Yixing" Jongdae said, tapping Yixing on the shoulder as the guy turned to face him 
"You need to come with me so I can check you over, make sure everything is alright" he said as Yixing slowly got up and followed him, everyone else watching him as he walked away. 

"This... this is all his fault" Joonmyun muttered 
"Don't say that" Kyungsoo piped up, everyone turning to face him this time. 

"Don't ever blame him for this. Yes he lied to you, he lied to you big time... I suggest you listen to him and his story before you go hating him and blaming him for everything" and at that said nothing more. 

~

Every so often a doctor or nurse would walk by. Every so often some people visiting loved ones in the hospital would walk by. None of them offered comfort to Kyungsoo and the others. They could shoot them looks of sympathy. Like that helped. 

Finally Joonmyun was sat down in a seat. It was only after Kris had become annoyed with Joonmyun's constant pacing did he grab his arm and pull him down. 

"Kyungsoo" 

Looking up, Kyungsoo could see Minseok standing in front of him
"We need to have a word. In private" he said, glancing at the others 
"They can stay" Kyungsoo replied and with a quick nod of his head, Minseok sat down next to Kyungsoo, pausing a little before he spoke again.

"You... you're going to need to come back with me and Chanyeol to the station... your grandparents are waiting there to take you home" he said
"W-what?" Kyungsoo asked 
"We had to announce that we found you. Trust me Kyungsoo we fought to keep you here long enough for Jongin but the big man, the main boss, he said we had to make it public. Your grandparents are there waiting and your parents are on their way from Busan as we speak". 

"Can't he at least stay here until we hear something about Jongin?" Kris asked
"I wish that was the case but his grandparents and the boss are becoming impatient. If we don't bring Kyungsoo to them soon they're going to march on over here and demand he be brought to them" Minseok replied as the others began to complain.

"What's going on?" Sehun asked, being helped down the hall by Chanyeol
"Kyungsoo has to leave!" Baekhyun exclaimed 
"Can't he wait for just a little bit longer?" Sehun asked, making Chanyeol sigh. 

"It's not that easy. We could keep him here yes but his family have every right to make a complaint because you guys were the ones who kidnapped him. I know the circumstances have changed... but not in their eyes" Chanyeol explained. 

"But I don't want to go" Kyungsoo muttered 
"I'm sorry Kyungsoo... this is just how things are" Minseok said, standing up and indicating for Kyungsoo to do the same. 

Before he could do so, Baekhyun had thrown his arms around him for a hug, Tao quickly joining him as Kyungsoo hugged them back. Once they released the hug was he finally able to stand, Sehun hugging him and ruffling his hair before Kyungsoo pulled Joonmyun up out of his seat to hug him. 

"Take care of Jongin for me" he whispered into Joonmyun's ear 
"Don't worry, I'll explain everything to him" Joonmyun replied but Kyungsoo could see the doubt in his eyes; there was a possibility that Jongin was not going to be okay and make it out of this. No matter how much everyone could pray and hope. 

Nodding his head, Kyungsoo then turned to face Kris. The two of them hadn't really gotten along since day one, both of them knew that and they weren't about to deny it. But at that moment, neither of them could fathom that this was it, this was the end. 

Kris was going for a handshake, but Kyungsoo wanted a hug. For a moment Kris stood there surprised, slowly but surely though he could bring himself to hug Kyungsoo back. 

"Ready?" Minseok asked and Kyungsoo was about to say yes before he could hear voices and looked up to see Yixing walking back with Jongdae. 

"... and the next time you go to save your friends, try not to get yourself killed!" Jongdae exclaimed 
"I know... thank you" Yixing replied, jumping slightly when Kyungsoo suddenly hugged him, Yixing hugging him back unsure of what was going on. 

"See you around Yixing" Kyungsoo said with a smile when the hug was broken 
"Y-you're leaving?" Yixing asked, his eyes flickering up slightly to the others 
"You'll be fine Yixing. Everything is sorted. You have nothing to be afraid of anymore, everything will be fine" Kyungsoo replied and Yixing nodded before he turned around and followed Chanyeol and Minseok out. 

So this was how it was going to end 

After everything that had happened, after everything they had been through this was how it was going to end, with Kyungsoo walking out of a hospital with the uncertainty as to whether Jongin was going to be okay or not...


Oh I love to mess with you guys and make your feels go all over the place... I am quite glad you guys do not know where I live and therefore cannot come to take your feels explosion out on me... 

Until the next chapter!!