Chapter 1

My Old-Fashioned Girl

Green trees stood on the right side of the house in the magnificent yet massive mansion in Manila. The garden's brilliant flowers were growing and blooming. Because the sun's rays reflected on them, they were growing fresh and attractive. The sun was still rising in the morning, and the beautiful skies moved gently. The white birds were soaring vertically as they fell in line. The gazebos were constructed around the swimming pools outside the mansion. The expensive automobiles are organized in sizes in the garage.

There was a man inside the mansion wearing a white collared long-sleeved shirt. The man is dressed in a black tuxedo with a white collared shirt underneath, a light-weight briefcase, black slacks on his bottom, a white and black necktie, and his hair is styled with conditioner. He sprayed an expensive perfume on his wrist, two sides of his neck, and finally all over his top as if spraying a bug. Finally, he takes a big breath as he prepares for a new day.

The man in his 40s, or maybe 43, Cha Hyun Jae, was standing at the bottom of the stairs, his black shoes shining and gently clacking on the marble surface. In sharp contrast to the relaxed vibe of his parents' breakfast nook, the fitted tuxedo he wore radiated professionalism. He gave his parents, who were deep in their morning routine, a pleasant smile.

"Good morning, Mom and Dad," Hyun Jae said in a tone that was cool and composed.

Eun Sun said, "Good morning, son," as he lowered the newspaper to look over his glasses. He sighed as his keen eyes skimmed over the business section's headlines. "We've got some crucial projects ahead. The future of the company relies on them."

Hyun Jae nodded, realizing the magnitude of the duty placed upon him. "I'm ready for the challenges, Dad. I'll make sure we succeed in those projects."

A hint of pride softened Eun Sun's look. "I know you will, Hyun Jae. You've always been dedicated."

His mother, who had been calmly drinking tea, entered the conversation when Hyun Jae sat down at the breakfast table. "You know, Hyun Jae, it wouldn't hurt to consider settling down. You're not getting any younger, and having a family can bring balance to your life."

The words his mother had spoken lingered in the air, and Eun Sun cast a scowl at her. "Seo Hee, we've discussed this. Hyun Jae's focus should be on the company right now. Marriage can wait at the right time and in the right place."

With a sigh, Seo Hee glanced at her son. "I just worry about him. Work is important, but so is having someone by your side."

With a smile, Hyun Jae acknowledged his mother's worries. "I understand, Mom. Let's focus on work for now, and who knows what the future holds."

Seo Hee was disappointed and could only shake her head as Hyun Jae said goodbye to his parents. "All work and no personal life. When will he understand that there's more to life than just business?" she muttered to herself in a low, poisoned tone after waiting until her son was out of sight.

Hyun Jae, in the meantime, headed to the golden-yellow Lamborghini Estoque that was waiting in the driveway while sporting a sharp tuxedo. The elegant car's glossy exterior sparkled in the early morning light. He eased himself into the backseat, where his calm and seasoned driver was waiting for orders.

The driver said, "Good morning, Mr. Cha," in a kind manner.

"Good morning. We need to get to the firm quickly. We can't afford to be late," Hyun Jae responded, his tone reflecting the urgency of his words.

The driver nodded and skillfully maneuvered the Lamborghini into the traffic flow. As they sped toward the metropolitan skyline, the strong engine hummed. Hyun Jae sat in the luxurious leather backseat, reviewing some documents in his briefcase and occasionally peering out the tinted windows at the bustling downtown.

Still, in the breakfast nook, Seo Hee moaned as she watched the expensive sedan go away down the street. Her thoughts returned to her son's well-being and the lack of balance in his life.

Employees who came across Cha Hyun Jae as he entered his firm's clean and modern office building welcomed him with a courteous bow, acknowledging his status as a figure of authority. With a nod, Hyun Jae accepted their pleasantries but stayed mute as he moved through the noisy workspace.

His secretary, a composed and efficient 28-year-old woman, approached him with a folder safely tucked under her left arm. She bowed gently before greeting him, saying, "Good morning, Mr. Cha. I hope you had a pleasant commute."

Hyun Jae gave her a small nod, his look solemn and businesslike. "Morning. Any new developments I should be aware of?"

The secretary promptly opened the folder and scanned its contents. "Yes, sir. You have a meeting scheduled with foreign investors today. They are interested in discussions regarding food production and agriculture infrastructure."

As Hyun Jae took in the information, his brow wrinkled slightly. "Foreign investors, you say? Make sure all the necessary documents are prepared, and inform the relevant departments. I want to be well-prepared for this meeting."

His secretary nodded in agreement. "Certainly, Mr. Cha. I'll ensure everything is in order. The meeting is scheduled for 2 PM in the conference room."

"Good. Keep me updated if anything changes," Hyun Jae answered, his attention already shifting to the impending meeting's demands. He continued his stride around the office, leaving his secretary to make the required preparations for the upcoming vital discussion.

Meanwhile in Bukidnon, somewhere in Manolo Fortich, 

Rama sat smoothly in the jeepney, drawing the attention of other passengers. Her fair complexion gleamed in the sun, and she emanated a peaceful confidence. The passengers couldn't help but notice the cage of native hens she had placed next to her, amidst bags of fresh food from the market, as the jeepney rattled down the picturesque pathways of Bukidnon.

The passengers exchanged looks, drawn in by the unique combination of groceries and live poultry. Some of them smiled sympathetically, figuring Rama was weighed down by the weight of her purchases.

Rama gently transferred her fare to the person nearest to her as the fare collecting began, and it made its way through the hands of others until it reached the driver. The hum of the motor, the jostling of the vehicle, and the gentle murmurs of discussion created an atmosphere in the jeepney.

A kind-hearted passenger, maybe moved by Rama's obvious hard effort, complimented her. "You're always carrying so much, Rama. Your determination is admirable. A man would be lucky to have you by his side one day."

Rama acknowledged the praise with a loving smile. "Thank you, but marriage and commitment are not in my plans right now. I have a lot on my plate, and I enjoy the independence of managing things on my own."

The passengers nodded in agreement and offered words of support. "It's true, Rama. You're strong and independent. Focus on your goals, and everything else will fall into place when the time is right."

Rama sat with calm as the jeepney continued its journey through the picturesque surroundings of Manolo Fortich, surrounded by a mix of supportive energy and the soothing clucking of the native hens in their cage.