"Be My Forever"

The Charismatic Eric Nam

***Flashback***

Ella's P.O.V

“Are you excited?” Martina asked me over the phone.

“Martina?”

“Yes?” she responded very giddy.

“Since when are you so excited for an Eric Nam concert? Pass me Simon, I must talk to him this instant!” I demanded and laughed. I was on speaker and Simon could hear it all.

“C’mon Ella aren’t you excited?” he screamed from another room, or so it sounded like it.

“I am but you guys are scaring me! It’s the first time I attend his concert as his girlfriend, for the past year I’ve been staying away from his events!” I panicked remembering how badly Nichkhun’s fans had reacted when Tiffany went to his concert. I wasn’t even famous, it would make it worse.

“Go go and get ready! We’ll pick you up at 6 ish okay?” Martina exclaimed. I sighed and nodded as if they could see me.

“Fine” I replied and tackled my closet.

I had to dress my best, I didn’t want to embarrass Eric.

I didn’t feel like wearing a dress but I put it on anyways. I wore a nice coat on top and did my hair wavy.

“Does this outfit say “Eric Nam’s girlfriend” or “Eric Nam’s loser girlfriend”?” I asked myself and made a face.

Why had my self-esteem become so low?

After looking at myself for a while, I smiled. I felt satisfied.

Simon and Martina came to pick me up and we headed towards the concert hall.

Rare occasion for us to be in a car and not on a taxi.

We entered the concert hall that was packed beyond belief. I had forgotten how much fame Eric had reached, I smiled as I saw the numerous posters and fan t-shirts and for a moment I wanted one. I was his fan too.

“Look, look someone has a poster with you and Eric” Martina nudged me and pointed to a girl who had the poster. I smiled, finally someone approved of us.

We had front row seats so I carefully found my way over to mine and waited patiently. I cheered like crazy when he finally came up on stage. He sang his song Heaven's Door and Cool Guy first. My personal favorites.

He then stopped and the backstage crew brought out a piano.

“Someone very special to my heart, is here tonight in the audience” he began and smiled, my face turned a bright shade of red. The fans began to whisper and look around.

“If you could all please sit down” he asked. His fans obeyed.

“Now, if you could please stand up Ella” he said looking at me directly in the eyes even though we were so far away.

“Stand up!” Simon demanded. I was too nervous but they made me stand up anyways. He got off the stage and ran to me. He grabbed me by the hand and led me up the stage. He then kissed my cheek making all the fans squeal and awe.

 

 “I’d like to sing a song to my beautiful girlfriend, it’s the first time she comes to one of my concerts so let’s make it special for her” he screamed onto the microphone. The fans cheered. I was in shock, they were happy.

He sat me down next to him on the piano chair.

“Will you sing with me?” he whispered. I smiled and nodded.

The piano melody began, I recognized it at an instant.

It was Christina Perri’s song called Be My Forever, which featured Ed Sheeran.

It was a duet.

I began the first line, he joined me afterwards as we sang. The fans began to clap to the rhythm.

We're on top of the world
We're on top of the world
Now darling, so don't let go
Can I call you mine?
So can I call you mine now, darling
For a whole life time?
My heart finally trusts my mind
And I know somehow it's right

And, oh, we got time, yeah
So darling, just say you'll stay right by my side
And, oh, we got love, yeah
So darling, just swear you'll stand right by my side

We're on top of the world
We're on top of the world
Now darling, so don't let go
I've got something to say
You're perfect in every way
I'm gonna shout it out
I wanna tell you now
'Cause I know somehow it's right

And, oh, we got time, yeah
So darling, just say you'll stay right by my side
And, oh, we got love, yeah
Darling, just swear you'll stand right by my side

It had always been my dream to sing on a stage, I had a voice but choose to hide it. Singing next to Eric made the moment even more special.

We continued singing.

Be my forever
Be my forever
Be my forever
Be my forever
Be my forever
Be my forever

You're my bright blue sky
You're the sun in my eyes
Oh baby, you're my life
You're the reason why

We're on top of the world
We're on top of the world
Now darling, so don't let go
1, 2, 3, 4
And, oh, we got time, yeah
We got love
So darling, just say you'll stay right by my side
Oh and we got love
Yeah
So darling, just swear you'll stand right by my side

Be my forever
Be my forever
Be my forever
Be my forever
Be my forever
Be my forever

Will you love me forever?
He sung
I'll love you forever I responded
Be my forever
Be my forever

By this line I was confused, while playing the ending verse on the piano with one hand he was taking something out with his other.
Be my forever
Be my forever

Will you marry me and be my forever Ella? He asked quickly getting on one knee, leaving me stunned and the fans in shock.

I took his glasses off, took the microphone away and yelled “Yes!”.

I held his face with my hands and kissed him sweetly. The fans cheered at the top of their lungs and began a fan chant for us.

I had been surprised, I really thought he was just serenading me.

We had talked about marriage a month before, but I never knew it would come so soon.

A few hours later we had become a trending topic on twitter and our video of the proposal that Simon and Martina had posted had been viewed so many times.

That was the way Eric Nam proposed, and I had not expected anything less. He’s a singer, it was only right that he proposed using that God given talent.

***

“Wow” Eric simply said after I explained it all to him.

“You can look it up on YouTube tomorrow” I whispered and laughed. Technology now a days, even if he had lost his memory he could at least watch it on YouTube.

“So you really didn’t expect it?” he asked still in shock.

“Nope, but now that I see it, I should have noticed the signs. I was too nervous to even think about it” I replied and turned around to see him. I yawned, I was getting sleepy again.

“But who are Simon and Martina?”

I had totally forgotten about it all. Eric had no clue who they were.

“Their your friends too, they were going to come visit you but choose to wait until you are released from the hospital. They don’t want to overwhelm you” I responded and walked over to him again.

“Oh” he replied and nodded.

He had lost so much memory, I could only be thankful that he was alive.

I just stared into his eyes wondering what exactly he thought of me.

His eyes looked so small without his glasses.

“Thank you for staying up with me” he whispered breaking the silence. I smiled and nodded.

I felt like kissing him but knew he wouldn’t be too happy about it all.

“I’ll see you in the morning” I whispered back and walked back to the couch.

There’s nothing like a warm bed with soft blankets but for some reason I slept comfortably knowing that he was okay, and little by little he was giving me a chance to be someone important to him again.

***

Author's Note:

THANK YOU ALL for reading, I was inspired by Christina Perri's song

Be My Forever

Here's the link so you guys know what Ella and Eric sang!

Don't forget to upvote, subscribe and comment! No pressure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMQlSqI564

-The Author :)