Being Stood Up

The Charismatic Eric Nam

-His Fiancé-

I arrived at the restaurant 15 minutes ahead of time like always. I walked up to our favorite table, laid my purse down and sat down patiently. I smiled, knowing I was going to get to see him after a month. We had recently gotten engaged and I couldn’t be happier. He had also had his comeback and life just couldn’t get better.

Fifteen minutes had passed and he had not arrived yet. I began to grow impatient, taking my phone out to see if perhaps he had sent a message.

However there was no message, no missed call.

“Miss, would you like to order?” the waiter came up to me and asked. I shook my head.

“No, it’s fine. I’ll wait, but thank you” I replied respectfully.

Before I knew it, I had been waiting for an hour.

I tried calling him but I was sent to voice mail immediately. I got up from my seat, picked up my purse and headed out the door.

I couldn’t believe he had done this to me. He had stood me up without even letting me know.

I felt betrayed, I felt like crying. I drove home holding back tears, I did not want to get into a car accident because of this silly situation. I arrived home, changed into my pajamas, took off my makeup and laid down in bed.

I felt selfish and rude, I wasn’t giving him the benefit of the doubt.

“Something could have happened to him” I thought to myself.

That was the thought I needed. I began to meditate on the thought.

Eric was never late. He would have called, he would have sent me a text. He would have showed up.

It was already 2 in the morning, I grabbed my phone ready to call his mother and see if something had gone wrong.

She beat me to it though. As soon as the phone was in my hand, the phone lit up saying I had a call from his mom.

I felt my stomach begin to hurt, my arms begin to shake and my heart begin to race.

There wasn’t a lot of hope that this phone call would be a positive one.