Butterfly

Unlimited Stories

 

You grabbed the envelope sitting on the table top, lined with fancy designs at the edges. "Funny, I don't remember any special occasions or birthdays this month" you thought.

 

You carefully opened the envelope. Inside was a scented paper, written on it were elegant letters saying:

 

You are cordially invited to....

WONDERLAND

 

You were deeply puzzled with the invitation. Who could have gave you this? You asked yourself tiwce before someone came inside your mind, "Jiyong?"

 

There was only one way to prove your guess, and that way is by going to the place indicated at the bottom of the invitation. You went out of your house and called a taxi. After 15 minutes you arrived at the place. But you hesitated, "Is this really where I should be?" because you were standing in front of large gates, like the ones used in mansions, with vines wrapping at its bars. 

 

You found the gate unlock, and since, it seems like the place is not a private property, you went inside. At first, all you could see were lots and lots of trees. A feeling of fear suddenly crept inside you. Scary thoughts filled your mind. What if it's not Jiyong? What if something bad happens to me?

 

But as you walked further, the thick trees lessen, making way for the sun's rays to pass through and light up the place. You realized how beautiful everything was like this was the first time you've been in contact with nature. Every meter you make, the large trees are replaced with bushes filled with colorful flowers. And when you noticed the path ahead is getting brighter, you hurriedly went there.

 

As soon as you walked into the open space, one of the most amazing things happened. Hundreds of butterflies suddenly flew off around you. Some are flying above you and dancing around you as if welcoming your presence while some rested on tree branches looking like live designs.

 

“My Alice, would you like to have a tea with me?” you looked to where the voice came from, and at first you thought that it was The Mad Hatter, but a closer look gave you the idea that it was Jiyong.

 

He offered his hand to you, which you gladly took. You spoke nothing as he guided you to a circular table with all your favorite desserts served on it. Despite the lovely surrounding, Jiyong himself didn’t fail to get your attention. He was not wearing too much and the way he looks now gave much more impression that he was a prince rather than a mad hatter. His blonde hair shines whenever sunlight hits him, giving a seemingly glowing effect. And above anything else, it’s his prince-like smile that made you melt at the sight of it. “Why did you do this Jiyong?” you finally asked.

 

“I have not spent enough time with you because of my work, and now that I have the opportunity, I want everything to be perfect,” he said “Do you like it?”

 

You nodded enthusiastically at him. You two began eating and chatting at the same time, catching up with the lost time. When you were both done, Jiyong stood up and took something beside him, a cage. Inside it were two of the largest butterflies you’ve ever seen.

 

He opened the cage and put in his hand. One of the butterflies crawled on his hand and stayed there. “Here, take the other one,” he said as he moved the cage closer to you. You were scared at first but seeing Jiyong beside you and encouraging you, you did what he said, “Okay, I trust you.”

 

You put your hand inside the cage. You felt a little goose bump when the butterfly crawled on your finger then to your hand. You carefully took it out so that it won’t fly. When you were done, Jiyong moved his hand and placed it beside yours. The two butterflies stayed still.

 

“This pair of butterfly would always be together, soaring high and see the beauty of the world around them.” Right after Jiyong said that, the butterflies flew away from you but never away from each other. “Just like those butterflies, would you be my other half that would always stay with me, and walk on this Earth and see its beauty still waiting to be discovered?”

 

He then grabbed the cage. Now that it is empty, you could clearly see a ring at the middle, a simple yet very beautiful ring. Jiyong took it, kneeled in front of you and said the words every women would love to hear, “Will you marry me?”

 

END OF THIS STORY


 

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed it! :D Please look forward for my updates in here ^_^