Chapter 4

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stare at the message Baozi sent me the night before. My phone bill is gonna cost me, from all the data I'm using but I don't care. I had left him hanging after his last remark, what did he mean Siwon's a jerk? Siwon is perfect, he's the student body president, his image is flawless and he has a black belt in martial arts. What piece of the puzzle am I missing?

"I'm telling you, he's into you he's just saying that so he can make a move on you" Faerin says leading down the isles, she's got a gazillion things in her arms and she still moves quicker.

"That must be it then, 'cause last I checked Siwon would make a perfectly suitable boyfriend" I manage to catch up with Faerin just as she turns into the hair isle.

"Totally, here!" Faerin says handing me a blue bottle.

"Atomic turquoise" I read from the label. "No way, I am not dying my hair"

"Why not? It'll be fun!"

"Then why don't you do it!?"

"I am, only I'm going pink.. Come on, I'll pay for it"

I sighed and looked down at the bottle again. What in the world gave Faerin the idea that I wanted blue hair? I know I've mentioned in the past that my hair is dull, but I meant full as in let's try a new hairstyle, not let's walk around looking like we just stepped out of a manga novel.

"I'm not dying my whole head, you can't make me!"

"Who said we're dying your whole head? We can do streaks."

Finally I gave in, I hated the process though. The bleach reeked of chlorine and I had to plug my nose the entire time. Then when it came time to actually put the blue in, the dye got everywhere. On my clothes on my hands, it stained the towels we'd laid out on the floor and I had the less streaks then Faerin.

I hated the end result, I looked like a freak. Maybe I should've done more persuading to get pink streaks instead. I walked home with my hood on, that w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter