Storms

The Fifth Movement

download?mid=2_0_0_1_167266_AHHsw0MAACVc

December 13th 2012


She was shivering as they approached his door. He fumbled in the dark light hallway of the third floor to find his keys. The rain was growing with intensity, so loud at this point it sounded like their own heartbeat. 

The door opened and they shuffled inside. They both stood there for a few moments, shivering. She was hugging her case, keeping it dry on the inside of her jacket. 

Her beanie has become very damp. Her scarf as well. Her coat was mostly dry, or at least it seemed that way, since she was dry underneath. She was looking around at the apartment when he had touched her arm. 

"Seulki, your coat, I'll put it up to dry." He had already hung his up and taken off his soaked shoes. She nodded and realized he was waiting for her coat. She put her violin in a corner along with her shoes and handed him her coat. 

She was redirected to the laundry room where she put his shoes, beanie, her scarf, beanie, and shoes into the dryer. They had ran from the coffee shop down the block to his apartment building. She had never been there before. 

She remembers him taking her hand, and leading through the rain. He wore her backpack under his coat so it didn't get wet. She clung her violin on the inside if her coat so the case wouldn't get damaged. Still though he held her hand and ran with her. 

Her face was cold. 
Water had made her hair and face wet. Her legs also shivering from the water hitting them on the run. She should change. But she didn't have clothes. She felt nervous about asking Taehyung for his clothes. 

He found her in the laundry room. He had changed into sweats and a long sleeve. Curious, she touched his forearm. Not intending to feel his building muscles but to feel the texture of the shirt. She chuckled and he he smiled. She looked up and their eyes caught each other's. 

A small moment between lovers- or rather pre lovers- or rather a small moment between two people secretly interested in the other. 

"It's soft.." She blushed. 
"Ahh.." He snickered. 
"You look really cold. Go take a shower, it's suppose to help you not get sick. I'll give you some clothes too." He grabbed her wrist and led her to the bathroom. He set a towel and a set of sweats and a hoodie on the counter. 

He smiled at her and left, closing the door behind him. His smile. She took a mental picture. His smile was warm, almost childlike. He smiled with his teeth. 

She examined the bathroom as she waited for the water to become warmer. There was one toothbrush. Shampoo, body wash, face wash, conditioner, the usual. But no signs of another person living here. 

She showered easily, her hair wasn't very long so she would be able to towel dry it. Her body became less cold even as she got out of the shower. She dried her body quickly and put her undergarments on. The least wet of her clothes. The tights, skirt, and two shirts went into a plastic bag from the cabinet. 

She was towel dying her hair before she put the sweater on. The jacket fit her loose, but comfortable. The sweats a little long, but warm. She felt a little self conscious though. Since she had showered her eye makeup had wiped away, of course she hadn't brought any makeup. 

She walked out the door and hung the towel in the laundry room. She found Taehyung in what seemed to be the living room. In the open space between the hallway to the bedrooms and the kitchen was a room that had a 60" inch flat screen tv, a small couch and two bean bag chairs,the living room. She walked to the end if the apartment where there was an awning over the balcony. 

He saw her walking there. 

"It's raining harder. The news says it's suppose to be a 3 day storm." 
"Ah.. How will I get home now." She whispered to herself. 
"So I guess you're stuck here for a few days. Make yourself at home. Do you want ramyun for dinner?"
"Oh, yes. That's sounds good." 

She was surprised that he had been so open about letting her stay here. She was glad that she had a friend like him. A friend?

What is he to me?
She thought. 
Why am I so, happy, amused, relieved, calm, nervous, flustered, when I see him?
Do I like him? 

She sat at the table laid her head on her arm. She sighed. She was nervous about the feelings she had begun to develop for Taehyung. She did in fact like him. Taehyung did in fact like Seulki back as well. 
Would they ever tell each other?


December 14th 2012

They had fallen asleep together that night. Not with each other, but at the same place. They had been talking over a movie they weren't paying attention to. They had gotten very close in those few hours. The rain has a very compassionate effect on her. 

Taehyung was not a quiet boy but he was shy. Once he felt comfortable enough he would open up to you. He would act weirdly and do crazy actions, like that of a child. That's who he was. He was a 7 year old trapped in a 17 year old body. Soon to be 18 in fact. 

She asked how he was affording this place because he was so young. He told her the plain answer. His family moved around a lot. He liked this place the best, he wanted to finish high school here, so he was allowed to stay, since he would be turning 18 soon. He payed half the rent, he did his laundry in small loads, he had take out fairly often, he usually played video games at a video cafe to keep the electricity bill low, he paid his cellphone month by month. 

She was simply amazed. She didn't have to take some of the same precautions as he had. She had almost too much money. For her, she wouldn't be able to spend half of it before she left. Before it would become almost useless. 
For her, she could eat wherever or she could leave her heater on all day. It's not like she was spoiled. Her parents had wealth, they passed and it fell onto her. She has a large monthly allowance until she's 18 and the whole amount is available. Her apartment was originally her aunts and uncles, but they moved temporarily to the US. 

Taehyung woke up first. 
His head sleepily rose as he sat him self up. He had fallen asleep on the couch. He looked around and found Seulki scrunched on a bean bag chair, a blanket covering her legs. She was small, she curled almost perfectly into the chair. He blinked his eyes open a few more times. 

Ah, there's a bed, I should have offered it to her... Tonight, I will.. 
He thought as he yawned and stretched and prepared for the day. 

He looked out the window, the rain was pouring, the sky was dark. He sighs and walks to the balcony door. It would have been flooded if not for the bars that formed the balcony walls. He leaned his forehead in the door and closed his eyes. Sunk his hands deep into his pajama pant pockets. 

Seulki was lingering his mind. 
He likes her, a lot. He wanted to make a move but he was doubtful, if this was the right time. She was after all staying with him for another night. His intentions were pure. He wanted to hold her and comfort her, feed the pigeons with her, sit and watch movies with her, go out and have adventures with her. He wanted so much and he wanted it with her. 

He opened his eyes and opened the door, most of the floor was soaked but he stepped out under the awning anyway. He yawned and shivered.

"Taehyung?" Seulki looked around the room. She got up, her back was sore, she walked to the balcony with the large blanket engulfing her. He turned and saw her as she walked over. He smiled that smile and she felt her heart skip a beat. 

"Are you warm?" 
"Mhm!" She smiled and twirled the blanket. 
"Good." He, rather quickly, came in closed the door and had a stare down with her. She didn't know what he was doing, but his face was cute. His focus darted back and forth between her eyes as he blinked innocently and smiled that gummy smile.

"I'm cold."
Was all he said as he said before he hugged her tightly and picked her up. A small sharp intake of air was taken by her as she was surprised because of him. She was happy, she was more than happy she was ecstatic. Butterflies had traveled thought her entire body, she smiled and blushed as her legs wrapped around his waist and her face found it's way into the crook of his neck.
She couldn't see it, but he was smiling too. 

"If you're staying here, the least you can do is keep me warm too." He smirked. 

"Fine. I guess I can agree to that." She laughed. 

He walked back to the couch, still carrying her and sat down. She let go and sat next to him. He sighed and tapped his chin. He must have had is ah-ha moment because he got up and scurried to the tv and whipped out his phone. 

"Jimin, turn on your xbox. Let's play." He called and hung up quickly as he retuned to the couch with the controller and sat next to her again. 

She sat cris crossed facing him on the left side of the couch. He blinked with a blank look on his face and stared at her. 

"Eh?" She blinked back. 
"I said to keep me warm." He scooted over to her and put her legs over his, resting his arms over them. 

She smiled as she spread the blanket on her and part of Taehyung's. Within a few minutes they had started playing a game. Seulki was either staring at the game or staring at Taehyung when it hit her. She wanted to have a relationship with him. 

She wanted so many things, but she only wanted them with him. 

They war game between Taehyung and Jimin went on for hours. Boys playing video games for hours on a rainy day, who saw that one coming? She had fallen asleep, she does that often. If she's not awake, if she's not playing or reading or writing, she's asleep. Her body limped over on Taehyungs shoulder, though he didn't notice at first. 

Jimin had been yelled at to get ready, his family was having dinner, so when the game had ended and Taehyung tried to move he found himself trapped. He looked at her, the way her lips formed a curl while she slept, the deep breaths she had been taking. He found her hands on his lap, he studied them. 

Callus'. She had several callus' on her hands, but mostly on her fingers. They must have been from playing violin. He rubbed her fingers softly and smiled as her fingers intertwined with his and she shifted in her sleep. 

He smiled and drifted into the sleep he found so comfortable. 

They slept for a few hours.
Awakened by the harder pounding of  rain and the sound of thunder in the distance. She blinked her eyes open. It was dark, darker than before. Was it late? 

The clock on the wall said 7 pm. She rises, and runs a hand through her hair, the other hand unmoving. She looks down and sees they've been holding hands, she smiles. 

"Taehyung. Wake up." She rubs her thumb on the back of his hand and pokes at his sides. He slowly awakes and shakes his head, ruffling his hair. 

She laughs. "You look like a lion." She runs her hand through his hair. He smiles that gummy smile. 

A loud boom of thunder and light make both of their attention go to the window. Taehyung stands up and drags Seulki behind him. She presses her face on the window, he looks over her, they're about 5 cm height difference.

"It's hailing.." She whispered. 
"It might be a storm. I hope the birds are safe.." Taehyung had pouted. 
She chuckled. 
"You like birds and lions?"
"Yeah. Do umm.. Do you like pigeons?" He half smiled nervously and squeezed rubbed his hand on the back of his neck. 
"Yeah. I'm jealous of them." She smiles and runs back to the couch and covers herself in a blanket. 

They were watching tv, it was 9 pm and his stomach growled. He warmed up the frozen dinosaur chicken nuggets and French fries. The tv was on, another movie, the heater was on, blankets weren't cutting it. The hail was heavier, the lights flickered. 

The lights flickered off. 
The tv shut down. 
"Omo!" He looks around and gets up. 
"Did the power go out?" She stood up as well. 
"It seems that way." He walked into the kitchen and brought out a few candles. Lighting the three of them brought a dim light, the moon barely shining through the thick clouds. 

They finished eating and proceeded to find candles. She walked behind him around the apartment as he light all the candles he found, the last one in his room. When it was light she sat on the bed, placing the candle she had been holding on the desk. 

"Ah, stay here." He dumped blankets on her from the bed and left. Returning with a sleeping bag and more blankets.

"We'll sleep up here tonight, it's more comfortable." He smiles and laid the sleeping bag on the floor. 

"We?" She said from under the mountain of blankets and poked her head out. 
"You sleep up there. I'll stay down here." He chuckled and made himself a bed. 

Her phone said it was 11 pm now. Her phone was half battery, it might or might not last through the night now that the power was out. It's not like she had anyone to talk to anyway. She had a few friends but the were on vacation. She knew Taehyung and Jimin, she was with Taehyung and she wasn't very close to Jimin anyway. 

They had spent a few hours playing different board games and card games with the comfort of the dim candle light. There was nothing left to do but make small talk during the end of their card game. 

She had asked him about his family. He told her about his younger sister and his younger brother. How his father wanted him to become a doctor, his mother wanted him to become a musician. He talked about how he played the saxophone and how he was the best in the class. 

He asked about her life. She talked about what happened after the accident. How she lived with her aunt, how she was a musician. How she was a part of an outside of school orchestra. How she had a solo piece she was writing and going to perform. 

Their speech got slower and slurred. Her phone read 1 am. They were both surprised that they had stayed up so long. 

He wanted to say something friendly, no he wanted to say something flirty. He said goodnight and sleep well, that if she needed anything he was right there.

She was cold but she just put another layer of blanket over herself. She laid down and shivered. She was pondering on asking him or not. 

I like him, it's clear now. So I'm gonna tell him. I can tell him. I have to tell him. When am I gonna a chance like this again? 
She thought. 

"Tae-Taehyungie.." She sat up and crawled towards the end of the bed. 
"Oh?" He turned to look at her. 
"I'm cold." 
"Do you need another blanket?" 
"Actually, I need you.."
He sat up and looked at her, focusing completely on her. 
"What do you need?" 
"You. Can you- would you sleep here, with me? To umm keep me warm. You'll be warm too. Don't misunderstand. I mean it's just that right now it's cold and-" he cut off her nervous ramble with his chuckle. 

She could barely see but she saw him smile too. 

She sat there and watched as he got up and flopped onto the bed. He pulled at her sleeve gently to lay back down next to him. She brought her legs back under the blankets, as did he. He waited for her to get comfortable next to him. She laid on his right side, his right arm and her left arm stayed together, almost on top of each other. 

His body lie flat on its back. She was her left, facing him. Their legs had become intertwined. His right leg had spread out to the right past is body, causing her left leg to meet and push back on his, her right leg fell over his, barely touching his left calf. 

He noticed she was shivering, but that she had stopped soon after they laid together. Her right hand drifted up and found a spot on his chest. 

Now, tell him now. Do it. 
She motivated her self. 

"Taehyungie. Can I confess something?"
"Only if I can too." 
"Oh, okay then. Uhm, the thing is, I think I've come to like you. I like you, Kim Taehyung." 
There was a moment of silence, and it felt like her heart had stopped beating. 
"I like you too, Park Seulki." He said has he rubbed his hand on hers and intertwined their fingers. 
She squeezed his hand and got a little closer. He looked at her and kissed her forehead. 
"Sleep well, goodnight. Park Seulki."
"Goodnight. Kim lion Taehyung." 

December 15th 2012 

It was morning. 
Now, Taehyung being a boy, usually moves a lot in his sleep but even more while he's waking up. 

His head rolled and hit something. His arm was constricted against something as well. When he turned over on his right, he found himself on top of something. Something that, was moving. 

Her body moved with his. Instead of being on her side, when he moved he pushed her onto her back. Her arms stretching out on both sides. Her head wanting to move but hitting another. Her legs felt heavy, or like there was something heavy on them. 

She groaned and poked at the sides of what was laying on her, causing a deeper groan. Her eyes fluttered open, as did his. They stared at each other for a long time. 

She coughed. This made him realize that he had about half his weight on her chest. He rolled off, she took a deep breath. 

"Sorry, for crushing you.." 
She laughed and forgave him. 

The morning wasn't clear, but the rain had stopped. The busses weren't working but there were taxis out. She would take a taxi home and changed back into most of her original clothes. Taehyung insisted she still wear the sweats because it was still very cold, so she did. 

She had her backpack and coat on, saying her goodbye and thank you to Taehyung. Taehyung got nervous thinking about putting his idea into actions. He swallowed down his doubt and showed off his courage. 

"Ah hurry before another storm starts!" He joked as he picked up her violin from the floor. 
"Ah, thank you again. For letting me stay here, I'm really thankful. I'm really happy that we got closer." She blushed. 
"Me too." He smiled and really quickly, yet really slowly, held her head in both if his hands and he placed a kiss on her forehead.
Her stare was wide and unfocused.
He pulled away and she looked at him cutely, but confused as her eyes blinked. 
"Get home safely, my Park Seulki." He smirked and rested his hand on her shoulder. 
"Oh, I will. See you soon." She subtly lifted her hand and held his, taking him with her all the way to the door, where she kissed his cheek and ran away, where she left him grinning and touching his cheek.