Three

The Only Exception

(Jin Woo's POV)

I headed towards the top floor, my footsteps light and bouncing. I was on cloud nine, because well, Ha Na accepted my offer. She's officially my girlfriend now. Not my real girlfriend of course. She's my fake, 100% fake girlfriend. No true feelings are involved in this relationship, just me trying to win my girlfriend back. 

I pushed open the doors, I beamed as soon as I saw her. She was standing at the corner, waiting for me. I quickened my steps and wrapped my arms around her waist, just like the first time we met. 

She jumped. "What the heck -" 

"Shhhh, don't say anything," I whispered into her ears, and felt her tense up. 

"What are you doing? We're not even real," she hissed. 

"Let's pretend it's real then," I placed my chin onto her shoulder. It was so bony. 

"Have you eaten?" I asked in concern. 

"Yeah, I ate before I came here, don't worry. Your girlfriend won't starve herself." 

"My girlfriend?" I chuckled. 

"You're the one who started it first." 

"Ok, ok. Now, let me explain how this works," I spun her around to face me, "you're supposed to make my girlfriend jealous. She's a model, Im Mi Hyun, and she's quite popular in her industry." 

"Really? Never heard of her before," she shrugged her shoulders. 

"Anyways, I'm going to bring you out on dates from now on. Fake dates, I mean."

"Duh."

"And we're going to her favourite hangout places." 

"Seriously?" 

"Yeah, seriously." I looked straight into her eyes. "You won't back out right?" 

"Of course not, I'm a woman of my words." 

"Then that's good," I placed a kiss on her cheeks. She shuddered. "I like that." 

"Cut down on your PDA please, we don't need the whole world to know about us." 

"Why, you don't like it?" I smirked. 

"Aish, just shut up," she walked towards the exit and I followed her. 

"Stop following me, you pest," she swatted me and I laughed. 

"I'm going to follow you for the rest of your life," I stuck my tongue out and pulled her in for a hug. 

"You're making me believe that all this is real," she whispered. 

"Are you falling for me?"

"N... no!" she stuttered and pulled away. "Never," she crossed her arms. 

"Ok ok, I'll stop teasing you. I have to get back to work. See you," I pecked her cheeks and left. 
 


(Ha Na's POV)

There was a tingling sensation on my cheeks where he kissed me. I caressed that spot. It's been such a long time since someone last kissed me. I smiled to myself. 

But no, this is all a lie. It's all a decoy. It's all fake, I try to convince myself. I must never fall for him. 

I went back to the rooftop, drowning myself in my thoughts. I climbed onto the railing, my feet dangling dangerously. I closed my eyes, and almost immediately, the sound of birds chirping resounded in my ears. 

"Here, have this," he passed me a sandwhich. I fiddled with the bread. 

"What's wrong?" he asked. 

"I... I don't feel hungry." 

"You should eat, you're really skinny you know." 

"Really? I thought I was fat." 

"No you're not! To me, you're the prettiest girl in the world." My heart skipped a beat. Did he really just say that? 

"You... you must be kidding Jong Su. I'm not pretty at all..." 

Suddenly, his lips were on my cheeks, causing me to freeze in shock. The sandwhich in my hand dropped onto my lap. 

"No, you're not ugly, you're not worthless. In my eyes, you're everything perfect, Ha Na. Will you be my girlfriend?" He looked at me. 

"What... what the..." I stuttered, still unable to comprehend the situation. 

"Yes or no?" 

I sighed at the memory, tears cascading down my cheeks. Those happy days are long gone. Now I'm stuck in this damn world, all alone. And  it's all my fault. 

"I’m trapped in a time without you // I can’t see ahead, I’m so scared" 

The lyrics to the song 'Come Back Home' bounced off the walls in my mind. It's eerie how well I can relate to this song. 

"The many days that are unfinished // It seems like they’ll be waiting for us // Where are you // Where // Too far away"

My voice crackled as I sang the song. My words were carried away by the soft breeze, hopefully traveling to heaven where he is. 

"Come back home, can you come back home // Don’t leave me at the end of the cold world but come back to my side"

"Come back home, can you come back home // I’m pushing back all the pain // I’m still waiting for you like this" 

I clutched onto my knees tightly, burying my face in them. "I miss you Jong Su, do you miss me?" I whispered, a lonely tear trickling down my cheeks. 

 

*note: i'm back:) I'll be on hiatus from this chapter onwards and the hiatus will probably end at around two weeks later ? Reason is I have upcoming examinations and I really have to prepare for them. I need to pull my grades up. 

Sorry for the boring and short chapter too. I really had no inspiration for this chapter, but I just wanted to update once more before my hiatus :p 

Til then, stay tuned and take care !