o n e

The Maid's Secret

o n e .

 

Soo Jung lets out an arid, fake laugh as she listens to the middle-aged woman ramble on and on about her family and how messy they are and how much they needed a maid. And all she can think is how incredibly annoying this woman is. Her husband obviously is only in the relationship because of her looks, because this woman could literally talk someones ear off.

 

Luckily, she happens to glance up at the clock before the deed can be done. “Oh, my, I’ve kept you for much too long!” she exclaims, fanning her face slightly as if she’s legitimately embarrassed. But, let’s be honest, when you’re this rich--you really have nothing to be embarrassed of. “You probably want to go put that bag down, hm?” she suggests, her eyes curving into what Soo Jung finds to be the most annoyingly perfect crescents.

 

The woman claps her hands together after receiving no response and simply points down a rather long hallway. curves downwards slightly as she frowns. “It seems the light is out, I apologize,” she notes, seeming genuine. Soo Jung smiles and shakes her head slightly before bowing and carrying her duffel bag down the long--and dark--hallway.

 

At the very end, there are three wooden doors. One of which is a bathroom, the second is a small closet, and the third is the room she will be staying in. Grabbing the handle, she opens the door, revealing an exceptionally bland room. The walls are painted a blue-grey that contrasts greatly to the cherry wood flooring and stark white ceiling. A bed made up with a similarly colored comforter and white duvet take up the majority of the room. The remaining space is occupied by a small corner seat and a large mirror.

 

“They’re loaded, and this is all I get?” she scoffs, throwing her bag towards the corner as she looks around in distaste. Soo Jung, more commonly known as Krystal, was expecting a grand room--even though she’s just a maid. Just a maid. The statement is bold, seeing as how both her mother and grandmother worked as maids when they weren’t taking care of their children. “Whatever.” Krystal groans as she takes a seat on a corner of the bed. And then she realizes that the first step of her “plan” has been completed. Now comes the fun part.

 

Infiltration.

-o2Kq-wD-2KmT2Llc4KzzvAAbGAL3aHYE2Vtb_Q4

 

Jongin was not fond of the idea of getting a maid from the very start. Their last one turned out to be a total nutcase--the lady nearly tried to kill them. So, he wasn’t happy in the least bit when he found out that his mother had so unceremoniously went out and hired someone off the street. Just because she “looked like a nice girl”. But, really, don’t they all? And then they try to murder you.

 

Wonderful.

 

He had only caught a glance of her as she walked down the hall and disappeared into the shadows. She was rather quiet, which is never a good sign. It’s always the quiet ones that go crazy, after all. “I don’t like her,” Jongin voices after taking a sip out of his cup. His mother looks up from examining her nails and smiles knowingly.

 

“You don’t really like anyone, honey,” she says, almost comically. He casts his mother an annoyed glance but says nothing. His mother is one of the sweetest woman on Earth, however, she can be the devil when she needs to be. Jongin blames it on all of her connections--the woman is practically a mob boss in that respect. “Plus, it’s not like you have to get along with her. She’s a maid, not your future wife.”

 

The boy makes a disgusted face at the mere mention of the word “wife”. It just doesn’t sound right. Not at this time, that’s for sure. “Whatever,” he mumbles, “But if something goes ‘missing’, I told you so.” Mrs. Kim gives her son a short look before smiling and slapping him lightly on the shoulder. “I’m going out, I’ll be back...later.”

 

“Have fun!” she calls as he leaves. “Make good choices!”

 

Jongin takes both his tie and dress shirt off as soon as he steps out the door, now clothed in a simple pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Being seen in those stuffy clothes would only give people the impression that he’s the “stuck-up rich kid” that he’s supposed to be. But Jongin will never be that kid--instead, he plays the role of Kai, the tough kid. Kai the troublemaker. Kai the hot one.

 

Ruffling his hair as he walks down the street, he casts soft smiles towards passing girls, each one sending him an excited smile back. As pretentious as it sounds, girls just love Kai. Why? Because he’s the hot, bad boy of their dreams. Except, Kai exists in real life. The down side is that he’s just as unattainable and fantasy-like as a character from a movie. Almost like an illusion, of sorts.

 

Because, like an illusion, he only looks nice.

 

After walking a few blocks, as sticky perspiration starts to roll down his back from the scorching heat, Kai arrives at the basketball court that him and his friends play at. It’s well-known that only the richest kids play here, namely Korea’s so-called Heirs. The next generation of plutocrats--kids whose parents currently rule the economic world of Korea. They’re millionaires, they’ve everything they want and yet, much like Kai, they act like spoiled brats as they cry to their parents. “Hey,” Kai states, almost matter-of-factly as he walks towards the large group.

 

“Hey!” they call, some smiling, others retaining their usual “prince-like” stature.

 

The youngest of the group, a blonde boy named Sehun, walks up to the slightly older male and claps him on the shoulder. “Ready to get your -kicked?” he challenges, his usually rigid facade breaking away at the thought of a “friendly” competition. Kai nods, cracking his neck as he pads towards his own team. A minute later, the group of ten are running around the court, passing and dribbling as they shout--either happily or out of aggravation.

 

Sehun stands next to Kai at one point, his hands resting on his knees. “What’s up with you? You look a bit...angry?”

 

“You always look angry, so who are you to talk?” Kai spits back. The kid smirks, not embarrassed in the least bit. But Kai continues anyways, “My mom hired some random girl off the street and had her be our new maid. Isn’t that crazy?”

 

Baekhyun, an older boy who had come to stand beside them laughs wildly. “Is she pretty?”

 

“Does it matter?”

 

The youngest lets a slight smile play on his lips. “It isn’t that big of a deal,” he announces, his eyes trained on the ball that’s drawing ever nearer. Kai’s attention has also been drawn to the ball, as he’s desperate not to lose to the younger boy. What a shame that would be. Plus, it would be held against him forever. The ball is passed to Kai who dribbles it up the court and towards the basket, but Sehun knocks it out of his hand before he can make the winning shot. And then, he says, “Just find a way to get rid of her.”

 

“Good idea.”


Author's Note;

 Hi, guys! So, this is my first time writing about a maid and also my first time writing about Kai. He's not one of my biases but I just adore him, so...Yeah! Anyways, this story will be primarily in third person POV because I find that to be the easiest to write in. I'm really excited for this, actually, because I never get to write about Kai, Sehun, or Krystal. Anyways, remember to comment, subscribe, and upvote as well!