Is This The Right Choice? ( Kris + OC)

Springjasmine91's Collection of Oneshots

Oneshot - Is This The Right Choice?

Characters- Wu Yi Fan, Lee Hye Sun

Genre - angst, abuse. arranged marriage

 

It all started because of an agreement made by their grandfathers. To have their first grandchildren to marry once they reached the right age.

 

But what happened in the future never was expected from the two people who's lives changed.

 

Wu Yi Fan is the oldest grandson for the Wu's as he inherits their business and having to deal with all kind of people.

 

Being more matured he never expected he will be married after all those years of being a bachelor.

 

Until one day his parents brought him to meet his grandfather who was on his deathbed. 

 

"Yi Fan..."

 

"Yes grandfather"

 

"I want you grant me one last wish before I die."

 

"Yes sir. I will see what I can do"

 

"Marry the grandchild of my best friend. Have a " 

 

His grandfather coughing stopped his words before he closed his eyes and soon let out his final breath.

 

The next day, the family had the funeral for the grandfather and were mourning. 

 

Yi Fan who was at his grandfather's grave placed a flower on top of the casket as it lowered down.

 

Yi Fan watched as the gravediggers covers the hole with sands and dirt. He watched as he saw his mother crying and being comforted by his father. 

 

Then he saw three unfamiliar faces amongs the retrieving crowd of family members who were present for the funeral.

 

He saw a middle age couple and a young girl who was looking clueless of her surrrounding. 

 

He doesn't know why but something about her attracted him. As he was about to ask the unfamiliar strangers his father called him to the car as they will soon leave the cemetary.

 

He followed his parents and took a short glance at the girl who also followed her parents to the car.

 

Somewhat at that moment their eyes met and felt like it was only the two of them there. 

 

He broke the eye contact as he went in the car and soon the car disappeared.

 

He was gone but then who knew what fate brought in for them both as they will soon meet again.

 

 After that day they lived their lives back to normal until both of Yi Fan's parents called him to discuss something. 

 

Yi Fan wondered why he was being called as he walked to his father's study where his parents were talking about something serious. He knocked and opened the door. 

 

"You called me father?"

 

His father signalled him to come closer and he sat down across from hos father. Yi Fan waited awhile until his father spoke up

 

"Yi Fan the both of us want to talk to you about something"

 

"What is it father?"

 

"We want you to get married."

 

It took Yi Fan a few minutes to react as he asks

 

"Why father? Why me?"

 

His father just sighed and answered

 

"You forgot about the promise you made to your grandfather."

 

"I-I thought it will be forgotten."

 

"Promise need to be kept Yi Fan. Remember that"

 

Yi Fan nodded

 

"Yes father"

 

"You will meet her tomorrow at the party. Be civil and no rude remarks"

 

"I understand father"

 

 Next day:

 

Yi Fan prepared himself for the party. Since it's a masquerade everyone had to wear a mask. He placed a black mask covering his identity as he entered the hall where the party is held. 

 

As he came in browsing through the crowd of party-goes around him he try to find the person he has to marry.

 

He was skimming through until he saw a girl who has long wavy hair and fair skin.

 

Their eyes met and he felt as he seen those pair of eyes before. He couldn't figure out where. All he know was he must approach her.

 

But as he took a step his father called him breaking the eye contact. He followed his father, looking behind to find her but to hid disappointment she was gone. 

 

He walked towards his father and mother who was with two middle age couple and they happily chatting together. He realized the couple chatting with his parents were rather familiar.

 

Trying to remember he then was introduced 

 

"Hara, Youngmin I would like to introduce to you my son, Yi Fan. Yi Fan introduce yourself"

 

Yi Fan bowed and introduced himself

 

"Hello sir. I am Wu Yi Fan. It's very nice to meet the both of you"

 

There was a sudden squeal from the older woman 

 

"Omo Sharon! Adam!  Your son is so handsome! Yeobo! We have to set them both up soon! Their children will be beautiful!"

 

Yi Fan had an idea what they were talking about

 

"Where is Hye Sun anyways?"

 

At that moment a young girl who he saw earlier came in and took off her mask.

 

Yi Fan eyes widen as he realized it was the girl he met at the funeral. She was beautiful.

 

He couldn't deny it. But part of him stay composed as she introducing herself bowing in front of the three of them.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo ma'am, sir. It's nice to meet the both of you" 

 

Yi Fan's parents were happy to see her as they won't stop praising her

 

"Such a beautiful daughter you have here Ji Eun! So polite!"

 

"Thank you ma'am"

 

"Don't have to be formal dear. Call me eomma from now on. You will soon be a part of our family anyways"

 

"Deh eomma"

 

Yi Fan and Hye Sun made eye contact for a shor time before she broke away, blushing.

 

She never knew she'd feel this way after formally meeting her future husband. She didn't realize what kind of life she gets herself into as it was only the beginning.

 

Soon enough the engagement were made and preparation for the wedding were set up for them.

 

Everyone in the two family's contact were called as guests to attend their wedding, including their friends. 

 

As time goes by it is the day of the wedding. Hye Sun was very nervous as it will be her final day as a single woman.

 

Having to marry because of an agreement between their grandparents there's no other way to oblige. 

 

For Yi Fan he found a hatred for Hye Sun. Thinking she was marrying him due to the wealth.

 

But he forgotten it was because of the grandfather's agreement. He knew in his heart he must find a way to hurt her. 

 

He, deep in his heart doesn't like to be married forcefully this way. He always has someone in his mind to be his future wife but kept her from her family until the time was right. 

 

 From the day he met her at the party till the time of engagement he remain composed. Once he gets a chance to talk to her he pull whisper on her ear

 

"I will make your life a living hell from this day on"

 

She shivered by his cold threath wanted to back out from the marriage but it became too late when on the day of their wedding after they said "I Do" it changes everything in her life.

 

 They went to their honeymoon in Jeju. She thought it was a perfect but then as soon as they arrived in their hotel Yi Fan push her into their suite and onto a wall by the front door.

 

"Look here. What my business is you don't ask understand or else I will hurt you. Got it?"

 

His voice was cold and harsh sending shivers down to her spine as she nods. He let her go. He went to the bedroom leaving her alone scared for her life. 

 

Moments later Yi Fan came out handsomely dressed in a t-shirt with a pair of jeans. He looked y as if he just came out from a magazine.

 

He pulled her away from the door opening it. Before he went out she glared sharply at  her. 

 

"I will be out late. Don't go anywhere arraso?"

 

She nodded and soon he was out the door leaving her alone in their honeymoon suite. She sighed and decided to get comfortable.

 

As she went to the bedroom undressed and went to take a bath. She stayed in the bathtub for an hour enjoying the view out the window as she takes a bath. 

 

As she finished with her bath she dressed in a black oversized t-shirt and boy shorts and laid in bed.

 

Soon enough her eyes felt heavy and soon enough falls asleep. Unknown to her, Yi Fan came home that night drunk and will hurt her more than she'd imagine

 

She was in a peaceful sleep when she was woken up by a noise and found her husband smiling drunkenly in front of her. She was scared as she pull up the covers over herself but was pulled by Yi Fan

 

"Don't have to hide from me! I am still your husband right? Tonight is our wedding night, so I will give you all the pleasure you deserve you !"

 

He tore off her clothes off and soon enough she was in front of him. He fondled with her s and begun to touch her private area which was sensitive to her

 

"Y-Yi Fan...p-please!"

 

Her pleads were ignored and soon enough he had ravished all parts of her body that night. Abusing it over and over again. Her pleads and cries for him to stop was ignored as he continued on until he passed out on top of her. 

 

Feeling rather embarrassed she got out of the bed and ran to the bathroom with tears in her eyes. She'd never imagined he'd be this way. She never imagined marrying him would lead her to this. 

 

As she went to take a shower trying to get rid of the feeling of him out of her skin she scrubbed until her skin became red. She was crying under the shower hoping it will go away. Finally after many attempts she grew tired and soon decided to sleep. 

 

Getting dressed was a hard task as she could feel the bruises and love marks he made all over her body. Her arms black and blue she felts tears once again from her eyes. That night she fell asleep on the couch in the living room. 

 

Next morning she woke up feeling sore. She saw the suite was silent knowing her husband haven't woken up yet. She decided to get painkillers for herself and make hangover soup for Yi Fan. 

 

Going to the small kitchen there was nothing there so she decided to dress up and went to buy something.  As she got dressed she couldn't help but take  a short glance at the bed on the bed, sleeping soundly. She sighed and soon left the suite not knowing what kind of trouble she will get herself into later. 

 

As she went to the store to buy the items for hangover soup and also painkillers  she also went to buy some bubble tea. As she got back to the suite when she never realized there will be someone waiting for her.

 

When she came in through the door he pushed her to the wall slamming the front door shut and made the plastic bags fall onto the carpet. She was surprised when he ripped her clothes off and soon pounded in her abusing her still sore body. 

 

That night she cried herself to sleep. She knew she regretted making the decision to marry him. She closed her eyes and prayed in her heart.

 

"Dear God, please save me from this disasterous life. I know I made the worst mistake yet. The worst choice yet of marrying him. Please help me"

 

After the honeymoon they went back to Seoul and during the time Hye Sun was feeling unwell. She suffered through the whole trip of nausea and migraine. Meanwhile her husband ignored her the whole flight back. 

 

As soon as they reached their new home it all changes. Hye Sun was left alone in the house as Yi Fan went back to work and there is just nobody to accompany her. She was all alone until a few weeks later she received a call from her mom. 

 

"Baby are you okay?"

 

"Deh I am eomma...but..."

 

"But what baby? Omo are you okay? Did Yi Fan hurt you?''

 

''Um not really eomma only I just haven't been feeling well since I came back."

 

There was a pregnant silence in the other line before her mom told her

 

"I will come over. Wait for me okay baby"

 

They both hung up the phone and Hye Sun felt nervous. She never experience all these things before. As she was thinking she didn't hear the bell ringing. She heard the knocks that made her rushed to the front door opening it to see her mom who hugged her.

 

"Honey go get dressed. We need to go to the clinic"

 

"Don't ask any questions! Just quickly get ready! Ppalli!"

 

Her mom pushed her to the bedroom and soon she changed into some simpe clothes and were out the door with her mom escorted by the driver to a nearby private clinic. 

 

She soon was registered thanks to the help by her mom and sat down side by side in front of the OBGYN. As soon as the OBGYN did a thorough checkup on her and run some tests it all made sense

 

"Congratulations Hye Sun you are two weeks pregnant"

 

Her jaw dropped tears falling down from her eyes too shocked to know the real truth. She couldn't believe it as she caress her tummy thinking of the baby inside of her. A living person inside of her. Growing. Produced not just by her but by the man who hurt her. The man who calls himself as her husband.

 

Äs soon as her mom dropped her off back at her home, she thought of many ways to tell Yi Fan. Thinking of what kind of reaction he will make and what he will do. Truth be told she was still scared of him. Scared of what he's capable of doing to her. 

 

Her thoughts interrupted when she heard the front door slam open and a drunken Yi Fan came in and smirked at her. He pointed a finger at her and oushed her to the wall.

 

She tried struggling but he was too strong for her. She felt hot tears coming down from her eyes that night as she was ravished by her own husband's lust. She couldn't stop him as she decided to let him take her body. 

 

After Yi Fan dozed off as she got off the bed and went to the beside table. She opened it and took out the sonogram of their baby. That very night she decided that she had enough.

 

She knew it would hurt her if she stays. But thinking of her family she knew she have to be selfish. For her own happiness. For her own future. She  knew she had to leave him and that was what she did. 

 

She slowly packed all her luggage, called a cab and soon was on her way to the airport. She made her mind blank and soon went to live a new life, alone with a baby she knew to love. As it will be her own right choice in the end. 

 

The End