When There Was Me and You ( Xiumin + OC)

Springjasmine91's Collection of Oneshots

Oneshot-When There Was Me and You

Characters: Kim Minseok, Jung Hyemi

Genre: angst, romance

 

Kim Minseok never believed in fate nor in destiny. But it all changed when he met her. The one girl that turned his life upside down.He never knew what love was until he met her. It happened so suddenly that he never realized he'll be in a major rollercoaster ride of his life.

 

They met at a small cafe where he worked as a barista. She came with a black umbrella in a white dress, beautiful and pure he almost spilled the coffee he was brewing that it made his co-worker, Jongdae to nudge him and stop him before the beverage spilled onto the counter. 

 

He watched her from afar as she came almost everyday. Smiling as she ordered the same thing ever single time she comes; a cup of Caramel Macchiato. He smiled when she smiled when their eyes met and soon enough it became his strength to work and see her everyday. 

 

But one day, it was raining and throughout the day as he waited for her she never came. He wondered what happened to the girl who comes and brighten his life. It worries him as he ended the day and thought of her when he lay in bed

 

But his questions was unanswered as it became days, then months becoming a year. He wondered what happen to the girl, who he knew by the name of Hyemi. 

 

One day, he saw her looking pale but smiling as she entered the cafe ordering her usual. As he made the Caramel Macchiato he couldn't help but take short glances towards her wondering of the girl, looking pale. 

 

He finished making the drink and told the waiter that he will personally send the order. He walk up to her placing a cup of Caramel Macchiato on her table and also a small post-it note on the side.

 

Hi, 

 

She saw it and read it. As she read it, she look up at him and smiled as she replied

 

"Hello there Minseok-sshi"

 

He felt his heart beating fast. 

 

"Uh Hyemi-sshi....may I sit with you?"

 

She nodded as he took a seat and look up at her

 

"Are you well?"

 

She nodded

 

"Deh. I have been sick lately. Think it's due to the change of weather."

 

She was lying he knew that. Eventhough this was the first time they ever talked ever since they met he knew the tone of voice anywhere especially those who were lying to him

 

"I see.....are you feeling better now?"

 

"Deh I am...Thank you for asking Minseok-sshi. Oh I also want to thank you for making my favorite drink of all time."

 

"Most welcome"

 

They shared a smile. Soon enough they talked for a while before Jongdae told him that Joonmyeon wants him to go back to the counter. The two bid farewell as Hyemi left the cafe with a soft smile towards him that made his heart flutter. 

 

Minseok realized it that very night

 

"I think I'm in love with her...."

 

He knew he must confess to her before it's too late. He never knew what will happen the same day he wants to confess to her that changes his life forever.

 

The next morning, Minseok waited inside the cafe with a cup of Caramel Macchiato on the counter for her. He waited for hours until mid afternoon he saw her came in the cafe, with a tall man. His heart broke when he saw her smiling widely, flustered as he treated her like a gentleman as they sat at a table. 

 

Jongdae went to take their orders and behind the counter Minseok felt something in him. Envy The feeling disgusted him so much. Seeing her laugh and smile at the tall man beside her. 

 

As he saw them finish their drinks they went out of the cafe holding hands and that broke his heart even more. He was defeated. He knew he was too late. But he never knew it will get worst

 

As the months past he see her less and less. He knew it was too late. He decided to forget her and continue focusing on work. Until one day he heard the voice he wanted to forget.

 

"Minseok-sshi?"

 

His head turned towards her as she smiled innocently and it melt him inside. 

 

"I thought you've forgotten about me Hyemi-sshi..."

 

"Why should I? You are the friend I will never forget"

 

He felt his heart broke into pieces. He knew he had enough.

 

"Oh....yeah....oh the other day you came with a tall man. Who was he?"

 

"Who? Oh......that was Yi Fan, my fiancee"

 

This time he felt himself wanted to just disappear. He couldn't hear anymore. 

 

"I see. You two seem so perfect together"

 

"Deh...gumawo. Since our families are making us getting married to each other but before I found out about it...I knew.."

 

He waited for what she was going to say next hoping there will be hope

 

"I love him"

 

That made him wanted to cry. With pure disappointment he swallowed it down and faked a smile

 

"Oh is that so? Well I wish both of you pure happiness. Now would you excuse me I have to get back to work. You should go home Hyemi-sshi...."

 

"Deh, we will talk next time. Goodbye Minseok-sshi"

 

Minseok watch as the girl he has fallen in love with left the cafe with a happy smile. She saw her enter a car, beside her was the tall man she call as her fiancee. He was too late. 

 

He went back to the counter and Jongdae placed a hand on his shoulder

 

"Hyung....don't worry okay....there's a lot more fish in the sea."

 

"Thanks Jongdae"

 

That night he couldn't sleep as for the first time in his 24 years of life he cried. He never knew what will happen in the future for him.

 

Many months past by and soon he received news that Hyemi is now married and it broke him completely. He  went back home disappointed and heartbroken. He never knew fate was this cruel towards him. Blaming himself for being slow.

 

He never went back to work at the cafe.. He moved to China. But he never knew he would meet the one person that broke her heart. He never expected something to happen 

 

He was working at a small coffee company where he learn a lot about coffee as he decided to open up his own company. He never knew he will meet her again as fate brought them together. 

 

It happened on a sunny afternoon in the middle of June. Minseok was on an errand to send coffee beans to shops around Beijing. Using his bike he moved around the city as he sent different coffee beans to cafes

 

He stopped by at a small cafe when he placed the coffee bean onto his shoulder as he entered through the back door for the delivery when he saw a familiar figure.

 

Pale skin, a smile that melt him. His eyes widen as he saw her. Her clothes were tattered. He was surprised, wondered what had happened to the girl he met but in front of him was a girl who was broken

 

"Hyemi? W-what happened to you? H-how did you get here in Beijing?"

 

Minseok was surprised when Hyemi suddenly hugged him hiding her face onto his shoulder

 

"Minseok-sshi...help me"

 

He heard sobs and it broke his heart. He decided to brought her back to his apartment where he told her to change. As he watch her went to the bathroom he wondered what had happened to her.

 

When he heard the door opened and she appeared with his sweater and trackpants that looked too big for her. 

 

"Minseok-sshi..."

 

"Come sit.."

 

He patted the chair and she sat down beside him looking nervous. 

 

"Are you okay?"

 

She shook her head, tears in her eyes

 

"You want to tell me what happened?"

 

She shook her head, scared

 

"I-I can't....H-he'll find me...a-and h-hurt me.."

 

"Hyemi....."

 

He knelt in front of her and  grabbed onto her hand

 

"Tell me..I know you can trust me"

 

She look up at him, tearing up as she cried

 

"My husband.....is abusive..."

 

He couldn't believe what he heard. He held onto as she cried in his arms until she fell asleep. He knew there must be something else that had happened making her shaken up

 

The next morning when he woke up he didn't see her. He sat up in bed and rushed out of his room to find her in the kitchen busily making breakfast, 

 

"Hyemi"

 

She turned around, smiling widely at him

 

"Minseok-sshi...Good morning! I made you some breakfast!"

 

She placed a plate of eggs, sausages and bacon in front of him

 

"Hope you like it"

 

He didn't say a word as he ate the food she made. He watched as she was smiling at him widely. He never knew what trouble that will occcur very soon as the person he wanted to avoid came back to his life.

 

Hyemi stayed for a week. He felt she needs to go back as he felt guilty. He knew there were people looking for her. But as the topic of her husband came into a conversation she would shook her head and change the topic. Tired he knew he have to do it. For her. Even if it hurts him the most. Not knowing that she will be in grave danger very soon. 

 

 

After the week was over he brought her out to the city and as he brought her to a hotel she knew what was happening. She was crying clinging to him as she begs him to bring him back to his home

 

"No! Please! Don't let me go back to him! Please!!! Minseok!!"

 

Then a tall guy, her husband and two guards came in and nodded to Minseok who watched as she was pulled up by the arms to the elevator. She was crying begging him. It broke his heart. 

 

The tall guy, Kris gave him some money and told him 

 

"Forget what happens today"

 

He nods and soon left the hotel as he sat on his bike and watched the clouds passes by him. He put on his helmet and  start up his bike and was about to drive away when he heard a scream. He knew the scream anywhere. He look up and saw her on the balcony on the fourth floor looking scared. Her clothes tattered. Some blood could be seen.

 

"HYEMI!"

 

He jumped out of the bike and saw she was about to fall from the balcony. He rushed up to the fourth floor and bang on the door he saw the door was ajar. When he came in he was in pure shock. 

 

"HYEMI!!!!"

 

He grabbed a vase from the table and knocked Kris out with it and managed to catch Hyemi before she fell. He brought her into his arms hugging her as she cried.

 

"Shhh don't cry. I'm here. You're safe....don't worry"

 

He from that day on promised himself to never let her go. To never let her cry. Never to hurt her. She felt protected as Minseok kept her safe and happy everyday. 

 

After the incident they were happy together, living together. They never had any mention about what had happened. All were forgotten until one day Minseok decided to propose to her

 

He hid the ring well as went to work and arriving home to find her with a wide smile and dinner to fill his stomach. He was happy to have her in his life. He, after praising her food once again he decided it was time. 

 

He knelt down in front of her

 

"Jung Hyemi. My promise is I will never hurt you. I promise to be a man of your dreams. I want to be your everything as you will be the women in my life. So Jung Hyemi will you marry me?"

 

She nodded tearing up smiling widely as she wrap an arm around his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around her waist twirling carried her of the chair and kisses her 

 

"I love you Jung Hyemi, since the first time I met you at the cafe.I promise I will never hurt you nor will I leave you"

 

The promise made was what made her tearing up. That very night they became one. The very next week they were married. They were happy together until one day a surprise came just for them. 

 

It was a warm day as the both of them decided to have a cleaning day. They were smiling and laughing until there was ringing of the doorbell. Minseok who was laughing when they were washing the bathroom went out and opened the door to find Kris, Hyemi's ex-husband looking angry face

 

"WHERE IS HYEMI?!"

 

"She doesn't want to see you! You are nothing to her!"

 

"I can and I will! I am still her legal husband!"

 

Minseok's eyes widen

 

"What do you mean? I thought both of you divorced already?"

 

Kris shook his head and at that moment you poked your head from the bedroom

 

Minnie oppa who is at the door?"

 

Her eyes widen when she saw Kris

 

"K-Kris...w-why are you here?"

 

Kris look at her and smirked

 

"I have unfinished business to deal with you! Come with me right now!*

 

Kris grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her out the front door. MInseok pushed Kris pulling her back in the apartment

 

"Hyemi...go in the room. I will settle this"

 

Kris glared at  Minseok

 

"You have no business between me and Hyemi. Now lets go *pull Hyemi out of the apartment. Minseok caught up with them and do what he could do. Punched Kris straight in the face and pulled Hyemi in back to the apartment. Hyemi was crying. 

 

"Oppa......"

 

He pulled her onto him and hugged her. 

 

"Shh don't cry, I'm here. I won't let him get you. I promise"

 

From that day on he kept a close eye on Hyemi.  But to Hyemi who recovered from the incident grew anxious and wants to get away from the safe place she calls home. 

 

Hyemi one day without Minseok's consent  went out of their two room apartment.She slipped out onto the street not knowing how vunerable she was. 

 

Unknown to her there were two bulky men who one carried her while another placed a cloth containing chlorofoam as she passed out.

 

She was brought into a black car that drove away into the busy streets. 

 

That evening he found the apartment empty and it made him panicked.

 

He called out for her but there was no response. He knew he was too late.

 

He reported a missing person hoping he can find her. Desperately waiting for answers as days turns into weeks then turned into months.

 

He finally gave up on their first anniversary as he waited by the balcony waiting for her but he knew with must avail its all gone to waste as she never came home. 

 

Hyemi once again was gone from his life. He never knew what to expect as he one day went to work.

 

Minseok who finally got his dream of opening a cafe decided to back to Korea.

 

He opened a coffee shop selling different kinds of coffee and together with his old school friend, Kyungsoo the shop became successful. 

 

One day it was a warm day and the flow at the cafe was slow. Minseok was handling the coffee when the bell by the door rang as he greeted the customer as usual.

 

"Welcome to Caffe Latte."

 

He saw at the door the one person he has forgotten ever since he left China. 

 

"Oppa.."

 

"Hyemi.."

 

At that moment he saw Kris came in with a baby in his arms and he knew what was happening. He knew it and it broke his heart again.

 

They talked a little bit before he excused himself as he have to get back to work. The couple left with their one year old baby and that broke him inside.

 

Throughout the day he put on the mask hiding the fact of his sadness. He knew he was finally defeated.

 

Once he arrived home he went to his bedroom knelt down and dug under the bed as he grabbed a box and opening it.

 

He took out the pictures they took on their wedding day. The wedding ring placing it onto his fingers.

 

Tears fell once again after everything that had happened before left China. 

 

He knew he has lost her forever as she was happy with the person he wants to protect from. As it come to a conclusion that their time together were short as he finally decided to let her go. 

 

He put the rings back in the box and taped it. He left it by the door and knew who to give it to as he soon fell asleep. 

 

The next morning he went to the home belonging to the Wu's and told the maid to give to Hyemi. 

 

As he left the premises wiping the final tear he crosses the street his mind blank and he wasn't paying attention when a car move uncontrollably and at that moment happened so fast. 

 

Minseok was hit on impact as he fell onto the street bleeding profusely. Slowly he closed his eyes and with a final breath he thought of Hyemi.

 

*Saranghae Hyemi*

 

Hyemi that night saw the news crying as she saw the lifeless figure of the one person who loved her. She cried as she placed a flower on his grave as she said goodbye

 

*Goodbye Minseok oppa. Saranghaeyo*

 

As she left the cemetary with a heavy heart she knew she just lost him forever and the secret she has been keeping remains a secret forever. 

 

The End