Straight A Student

Drabbles

Yuri was moping in the corner of her bed against the wall when her girlfriend of six months entered the room. The room was in complete chaos with art supplies scattered everywhere and a canvas and easel carelessly propped against the television.  The newly turned redhead approached the bed and sat in front of Yuri.

“Baby, what’s got you so upset,” asked the redhead.

“Fany, I failed my first biology test,” Yuri said with a sob. “I don’t get why I have to take stupid biology when I’m an art student.”

“I will take no offense to that backhanded comment about science since you know that’s my major,” Tiffany reminded causing Yuri to look at her with wide eyes and then away out of shame. She cupped Yuri’s cheek and looked into Yuri’s eyes in a gentle manner. “What do you love painting the most?”

Confused Yuri slightly tilted her head but she answered, “I like painting landscapes. I want to show people what I saw.”

“Those landscapes you see exist because how we see the world. The world is shaped by the balance between nature, life and death, the environment. It changes constantly. Biology is the study of life, the study of nature. I think you’ll become a better artist if you can get a general idea of how this works. That’s why it’s important for even an art student like you to understand it,” Tiffany said smiling at Yuri.

“You’re so smart Fany. I wish I could see things like that,” Yuri said sadly.

“I’ll tell you what baby, if you get an A out of this course I’ll give you a surprise,” the redhead said holding out her hand.

Yuri looked tentatively at the outstretched hand but shook it and said, “Deal. I’ll do my best.”

Weeks passed and with every new assignment, quiz, or test Yuri finished she reported it to Tiffany. When she got B’s she would get a long hug from her girlfriend. When she got A’s she’d get a kiss on the cheek and an all-expenses paid date the following weekend.  Things got to the point where Yuri looked forward to doing her homework and taking the exams. She filled herself with the memories of what the two of them did.

Another 3 months passed signaling the end of that semester. Yuri went to Tiffany’s room and knocked on the door with enthusiasm. She almost barreled the poor redhead over as she shoved the print out of her grade. Tiffany looked at the page and smiled.

Tiffany led Yuri to her bed and they both sat on the edge. She cupped both sides of Yuri’s face with her hands and placed a lingering kiss on her forehead. Taking both of Yuri’s hands in hers she talked softly, “Your hard work and determination made you become a better student. I truly believe that now, with this new knowledge, you can paint the beauty of life and share it with people all over. You’ll be able to convey the delicate balances of this world through your art. I can’t say how proud I am of you. Watching you these past months is all the more reason why I fell in love with you.”

Yuri’s eyes widened and she whispered, “You love me?”

Tiffany nodded and whispered, “That day I came to visit you was the day I wanted to confess my love to you. Seeing you like that, I wanted to show you that I’ll be here for you, here to encourage you through good times or bad, for the rest of my life.” She eyesmiled as small tears of happiness trickled down her cheeks. “My surprise then is my surprise even more so now. I love you Yuri.”

Not being able to contain her joy any longer, Yuri lunged into Tiffany causing them both to crash down unto the bed. “I love you too Tiffany.”

 

That night was the first time they made love.

 

From that night forward, Yuri became a straight A student.

 

by kuribo