Chapter 1: Great friends

Be Mine

"Taemin, wake up!"

The young boy in his bed rolled over and whined in response to the voice behind the door.

"Nghh~" He whined and went right back to bed. It was way to damn early to get out of bed in his eyes.

BAM!

"Lee Taemin--get the hell up now, young man! I have to get to work and you are going to be late for school!" The voice belong to no other than his mother. Her she was in a rush and her adorable, but pain in the son was once again being lazy.

"Uhh! Uuuummaa~ 5 more minutes. Jebal" Taemin muttered into his pillow and pulled the covers over his head. It was his way to block out the sound of his mothers loud voice--it was pretty childish if you ask him, but who was he to care. He was only 10 years old and 10 year olds don't listen to their mothers. It was a proven fact Taemins eyes. Well--kind of.

"No, get up and dressed. I will drop you off at school. It's your first day and I will not have you being tarty. I made you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and banana milk. So you have actually 5 minutes to be ready and in the car or you will have to deal with you father." And with that his mom was gone.

Taemin sighed heavily as if his mother just said a relative died. Child his age does not understand what real responsiblilty and maturity means yet. He went to close his eyes again--

"LEE TAEMIN!" He jumped up and began to get dressed. He brushed his teeth and ran down the stairs and shoved on his sneakers. He rushed passed his dad; who was getting ready for work as well.

"Bye appa!"

"Bye Tae!"

With that Taemin hopped into his mothers car and strapped in. His mother glared at him and he responded with a cheeky smile as a way of saying "I'm-sorry-please-forgive-me-cute-face" she looked at him stornly for a few more moments before huffing in annoyance. He handed him his lunch box and quickly finished her make-up.

"You need to be more responsible Taemin; like Taehyun is." She said with a soft smile as she thought of her eldest son. Taemin pouted and looked out the passenger window. He hated when his parents would compare him to his 15 year old brother. It annoyed him to the max. He didn't say anything though because it would be a arguement that he know he would not win, so he just nodded his head in response. His mother smiled and patted his head softly as if it would comfort him.

"you will come to understand one day--why we are so hard on you sweety. Its for your own good. So when you grow up and find a pretty girl and marry; have children and a great job. You will understand." She said calmly as she looked head. Soon they arrived at a elementary school. Kids running into the building and playing with friends they had already. Taemin felt envy because he did not know one person since this was a new school.

"Okay sweety, have a good day. Behave, learn new things, and don't mess up." With a kiss on his forehead; he left the car and his mother drove off. He sighed in relief. He loves his mom, but she can be so smothering. All mothers are--its their jobs after all, but Taemin could care less right now. He watched as students began to head in and he felt fear flow into his system. This was the first time he was on his own and it was scary. What if the others kids picked on him? What the teacher was mean? What if's were all in his little head, but he took in a deep breath and began walking.

He found the office and got his class schedule and made his way to his locker. He put his things aways and kept his necessary ones; he turned and looked at all the students walking together, chatting and laughing about things 10-12 year old kids enjoy. He saw three boys walk by, one was kind of chuddy with his round face and had a cute smile that reminded Taemin of a bunny, and his black hair was a little bit long in the front (like a long bang), but he also looked the oldest of the three. The second one in the middle was the shortest with big nostrils and sweet smile, short black hair with a little bit of spikes to it (messy), he was hopping around laughing loudly as the last boy clutched onto his arm. The last boy had round cheeks with slighty long hair, he had sharp eyes (like a cat) and grin on his pretty face. The boys were minded their on business and passed Taemin with out even glancing at him. He wish had friends like that. Just then the bell rang for homeroom. He made his way to class and found a seat in the very back near the window.

His desk had another chair, so was a possiblity of him having a partner. He hope not.

"Good Morning class!" The teacher came in with a small smile on her face. The class stood up and bowed as taught and greeted the teacher.

"Good morning, seosang-nim!" The teacher bowed as well and began taking roll.

"Ahn Daniel"

"Present"

"Bang Yong-Guk"

"Yo" The teacher glared at him and then continued. The class was not that big; maybe 14 students.

"Bang Chul-Yung"

"Here"

"Cho Ga-Eun"

"Present"

"Choi Jinri"

"Yes"

"Choi Jong-Hyun"

"Here"

"Choi Minho"

"..." The teacher looked up.

"Choi Minho?" Just then a linky taall boy came in panting a little.

"Jeosong-habnida, I'm Choi Minho" He bowed. The teacher nodded and continued on. I could careless. I kept looking at the boy; he was tall for his age and had small round lips, very short black hair, but what really had me was his huge round eyes. Most Koreans do not have eyes like that, so it was fascinating and interesting. He walked down the rows and sat down right next to me. I got tense and smiled slightly at him. He grinned at me.

"Hi, I'm Minho."

"I'm Taemin" I went to say something when--

"Lee Taemin"

"Oh--um-here!" I shouted out by accident. The other kids laughed and giggled and the teachered eyed me weirdly. I blushed and looked away.

"Your cute Taemin-ah" Minho said with a smile. I pouted and shoved him lightly.

"Yah, I'm a boy! I'm not cute." I continued to pout and cross my arms. Minho threw his head back and laughed. He then smiled pinched my cheek.

"We're going to be great friends Taemin-ah"

And boy was he right. But they were going to realize they were so much more than that..