The plan

A day without you

Kibum looked up at Jonghun, wondering why there was a woman calling him baby, as the blonde quickly detached himself from the other, running over to the door and opening it, smiling wide and bright like nothing had happened. Then it all clicked.

As the door opened, the first thing the lavender haired boy saw was pretty red, long hair, a short skirt and a rather cute jacket, and most importantly, a face he recognized. Krystal, Jonghyun's manager. The that made him the rockstar he is now. The one that took away the sweet and loving Jonghyun that Kibum had fallen in love with.

Jonghyun had started walking towards Kibum, placing his arms around Krystal’s hips, pecking her cheek along the way, and Kibum was surprised, not because of what was happening, but because of how he felt. He thought that he would be sad, depressed even, but instead he was furious. This was the woman that destroyed one year of friendship, and one (mostly wonderful) year of dating. (Thought they were together longer, Kibum didn’t count the awkward time where the were practically dating, but not really dating.) She was the one that convinced Jonghyun to become a star, quit school and inadvertently break Kibum. He hated her.

Krystal looked over towards Kibum, a smile spread across her rosey cheeks. “So this is the birthday boy, Jonghyun told me that you two were really close a while back! I can't believe that you two lived together, I never saw you at the old apartment.” Her voice was sweet, but to the enraged Junior she might as well have been talking like a cackling witch.

“Yeah, we met at Zico’s down the street from my university. He was working there part time for a while.” He faked a smile that wouldn’t even convince a toddler he was happy. “We’ve been…” He looked Jonghyun dead in the eyes, and as if to say ‘ you’ he spoke. “We’ve been friends since then I guess.” He watched as Jonghyun’s chocolate eyes looked away. He honestly looked hurt by the youngers words. Jonghyun had figured he’d be a little peeved, but, to not say that they were more than friends made him feel like a complete . Which in Kibum’s opinion, he was.

“How wonderful!” The redhead squealed from joy. “We should all get together some time and have dinner!” He wanted to punch her now. “Are you dating anyone right now, I know a few people that are super cute and fun.”

“I’m gay.” he deadpanned.

“Oh, then I know a bunch of guys that are so cool, and look to be what your type would be.” He wasn’t even a full day into being 21 and he was already thinking of murder. Then an idea came to him. He could finally break Jonghyun’s heart the way he did, and Krystal gave him the perfect chance at his revenge, a mischievous smile breaking across his face. Oh how he had waited to shatter the heart that had ripped his out and stomped on it. He would make sure that he spent as much time near the man as much as he possibly could. If he remembered correctly though Jonghyun used to have a crazy ex follow him around. Not that Kibum cared much at the moment. His plan will be set in motion as soon as he replies.

“How does Friday sound then?”

“Make it Saturday and it’s a date!” she smiled, happily at Kibum.  He wanted to laugh. He never thought that it would be this easy to get his plan going.

The staff was waving goodbye to the Nightmare members as the left the club. Minho was giving Jonghyun a 'manly' hug, Taemin sat beside Kibum on the back steps of the club, watching as the band was leaving.

"Hey, didn't you like my surprise for you? You're not even thanking the band for coming." The pout on his lips was cute, but Kibum didn't care much for surprise parties, and Taemin knew that.

"It was fine, I liked it. I just.." He didn't wish to tell his friend that though. "Out of all the things I like why would you get them to okay for me huh?" He poked at Taemin with an amused smile. He couldn't remember how the two of them had became friends, but he was glad that they were. The younger had helped him when he first got the job at the bar.

The first thing the then redhead said to him was, "Minho is mine, I called done." A sweet smile plastered on his face. Instantly Kibum knew that they would be friends till they die. (And with the recess things they ended up doing when they Hung out, they might die sooner or later they thought.)

At the time taemin had only just turned 18 a few months back. He was smaller than  kibum in a number of ways, but he was a pretty boy, lips plump and full, eyes that could make you killed man without question, he almost thought he was a girl the first time he saw Taemin. No matter how pretty though, he knew how the bar worked to a T. He had helped him with his first extremely erted customer, kicking the man where it hurt repeatedly until he apologised. (Minho had a policy that made sure his employees were comfortable and safe, so kicking a few guys here and there wasn't all that uncommon , especially for the slim redhead.) He even showed Kibum how to hide the evidence of breaking a glass of twenty. The boy may have been good, but he was a klutz that would misplaced everything.

The thing that truly made Kibum glad that they had been friends was when he told him that his boyfriend had broken up with him. Sure the bubbly boy knew Jonghyun, and he thought that the duo were the cutest things he'd ever seen. So when he was told by Kibum, most of what happened, he was, to say the least, shocked out of his mind. He had then vowed to cheer the past blonde up as much as humanly possible. He had taken him to the amusement park, much to Kibum's dismay, and even went to an art gallery or six with him. He loved that the other was willing to help his friend in any way he could. That was why he. Couldn't get mad at him for bringing Jonghyun back into his world. He could however tell him that nothing was going to come out of it. The now raven pouted.

"So then seeing him didn't bring back any feelings? None at all?" His voice was sad and small. He really thought the two of them were a match made in heaven. If only heaven could bring them back together.

"I'm not gonna lie, it did bring back memories, but none that I want to remember right now.." His lavender bangs covered his eyes as he stared at the steps. "It just makes me miss us, that much more. Just when I thought I was getting over him too..." Kibum's head was swimming with emotions he hadn't felt in a long time. Mostly how he wished that they had gone out sooner, so that it didn't seems like he was a clinging ex. "I'm gonna go home, okay? I just gotta go check on my cat." As he told his lame excuse, he sat up, and hopped off the steps.

He hated to run. It made him gross and sweaty, and he hated that part of it more than anything. so it was more than a little strange that he was running home, and not calling a cab or something. His lungs burned after a while. His home wasn't the closest, but it wasn't too far for him either. He was halfway home when he reached a bench near a park.

The breeze was cold on his damp skin, his chest was heaving up and down. Sure he could act like the most arrogant er in the world when people were around, but when he's alone, all he could do was show all of his emotions to no one in particular.

"This is what I wanted to avoid really." He sighed, trying to catch his breath. "I was Happy only seeing him on tv. That way I could change it if I wanted to. Why did he have to be there. Why?" His palms shot up to his eyes, rubbing the tears of frustration away.

"Whose face could you change?" A voice Kibum was sort of familiar with came from behind him. Kibum turned around to see the bassist of Evil, Woohyun. His face was decorated with a smile, his clothing was simple and pedestrian like. Kibum remembered when he was introduced to Woohyun, he had been a little shy at first. Out of all of them, he was the only band member that had previously worked professionally in the music industry. The more they had talked, the more he found out that he was really a sweetheart. Jonghyun was naturally jealous, but soon was received when told that they couldn't think of each other in that way, it was too creepy for some reason.

"Woohyun, what are you doing here!?" He wiped at his tears, embarrassed that someone had seen him in a week state.

"A friend of mine lives two blocks away, I was just leaving really. Then I thought I saw you, guess I was right." He smiled as he sat down next to the lavender haired boy. "Why are you crying Key?"

Woohyun was the only other person from the band that Kibum was so close with, they were practically brothers a month into their friendship. That's why Kibum's only answer was to cry on to his old friends shoulder. They had stayed like that for a while, Kibum crying on the brunette's shoulders, as he rubbed Kibum's back.

Somehow after everything that had happened at the bench though, Kibum didn't expect his old friend to take him home and demand to stay for a while. He had protested him at first, he didn't feel like having anyone over for the rest of his life it felt like.

"I want to make sure you get home okay, and I also wish to catch up too y'know." His smile was what broke Kibum's shield. He missed his friend, so why not just let him stay over for a little.

They ended up talking the whole night, talking about anything and everything that came to mind. The last bit of their conversation however threw Kibum back into his inner turmoil. He brought up Jonghyun. It wasn't about how their past, but rather what had happened that night. He told him about having to go to dinner with them, and how he wanted to break Jonghyun's heart too, but that he needed someone's help.

“Well why the hell would she ask that of you?”

“I don’t know, I’m assuming that he never told her that we ever dated considering she talked about being in our apartment together. s probably slept together in our bed too.” Though his words were meant to be laced with as much fury as he could muster, it came out rather weak and pathetic actually. “I wouldn’t be surprised about the things they did in this place really.” He couldn’t even move out of their apartment for two reasons, he couldn’t afford to get another one any time soon, and because of the memories held in the flat.

Woohyun understood where the other was coming from, seeing as his friend had the ty end of the stick out of their breakup, and then it hit both of them.

The smile that crept onto both of their faces would have made anyone shiver with nerves.

"Guess you can start calling me Yeobo now Key." He knew that Woohyun was his friend for a reason, and the reasons always became clear when it came to Kibum's feelings. Kim Jonghyun wouldn't stand a chance against them.

“Kim Kibum is here to up.”



--
A/N  WARNING THIS WAS ALL WRITTEN ON MY PHONE SO ANY MISTAKE AND CHOPPINESS IS MY PHONE AND MINES FAULT.
HAHA! NO ONE HATE ON KRYSTAL, I RAN OUT OF GIRLS BECAUSE THERE IS ONE IN PARTICULAR THAT IS USED SO MUCH I WANTED TO CAHNGE IT UP A BIT. Ohh and look Woohyun is here to help Bummie.
Sooooo it's been a while since I updated last, that's because a lot of stuff has been happening, good and bad!
First off I went to the Chicago Invasion and got to see B.A.P.!! and OHMYGOD WAS IT SO EXCITING AND AWESOME!
Secondly, I went to prom~~ though I'm not a senior, I was my friends date, and that was fun!
Lastly, My dad has been in the hospital so I've been going to see him for a majority of my day since friday. so hopefully I'll be able to update more soon.
Enjoy my lovelys!
       - Ra- Ravi~