Make up, shake up, break up

A day without you

Kibum thought back to when he first met Jonghyun. It was his last year of highschool and he decided to go to a few universities to look at. The third one that he visited was the one that he met the singer at.

The tour he was on was lead by a girl thats face Kibum couldn’t remember. As the tour had went from the big campus to a few select buildings that most the people that attended there used. They stopped every few minutes to have questions answered and so on and so forth. Kibum had grown more and more tired. Sure he was interested in the school but the tour was just as boring as his history classes. He didn’t care if that was the cafeteria or that was the library. As the tour came to an end the then blonde, found his way to a little cafe that their guide had said was popular.

The shop was a cute little one. The brick on the outside was a lovely shade of red. The sign was simple but cute. It read “Zico’s” in cursive. Just everything about the shop on the outside seemed cute to Kibum. From the little patio, to the windows with little scribbles on them. One he entered the building, he wanted to gasp at the major difference. The inside was more mature, and not cute at all. It looked more like the inside of a Starbucks to Kibum than the cute little shop he thought he was entering. In the background there was music playing, a soft melody accompanied by guitar. It took Kibum a few minutes to register a person on a little stage, (more of a lift in the flooring really) sitting there singing.

He smiled to himself, it was a nice song. His thoughts however came to a halt when a voice cut through to his brain.

“You wanna order something or stare at that idiot forever.” Came a rather unique voice. Blonde hair sweeping over his eyes, Kibum was met with, a boy around his age staring at him.

“What?” Was all he could say to him.

“I said you wanna order, or stare at Jonghyun forever? Get it?” The boy was blonde as well, hair combed up in such a way that just seemed to match him. His eyes were outlined with a good amount of eyeliner. Kibum thought he looked like he belonged in a gang and not a coffee shop.

“Oh. right, cna I just get a cappuccino.” He smiled at the boy now.

“What size ya want. Small medium, or large?”

“Don’t you mean tall, grande, or venti?” Voiced another barista.

“No I mean small, medium, or large. Whoever invented that is dumb and needs to go to the sixth tier of hell.” He spat out rather annoyed.

“Medium please.” Kibum cut in before he witnessed a scene he rather not.

“Aight, three-ninety-five please.” the boy held out his hand. Kibum handed him the few bills and change without questioning the others rudeness. He looked back over to where, Jonghyun was it, was sitting. He was smiling while talking to a customer who sat close to the stage.

His smile.

Oh how Kibum fell for that smile the first time he had set his eyes to it. It was a beautiful smile no doubt, perfect teeth that were white as snow, lips of an angel, eyes squinting into crescents that set his heart aflutter. His hair was three toned, grayish browns, blacks and blondes littered his hair. It was unique and cute, and Kibum wanted to see more of it.

Jonghyun however did notice Kibum looking at him, he tried his best not to do something embarrassing. He thought if a cute boy was looking at him, he might as well try to by suave about it all. As he talked to the cute girl in front of him, he quickly glanced at Kibum, giving him a quick smile of his own.

Kibum didn’t know what to do with himself after that, so he chose to wait for his coffee silently. Once the barista that took his order called (More like screamed to Kibum) that his ‘weak drink’ was done. He accepted it thanking him regardless.

He decided to sit at a little booth in the corner of the shop.

Seeing as he knew no one there he was surprised to hear someone from behind ask if they could sit with him. He was even more baffled to see that it was Jonghyun. He nodded his head a little too eagerly for it to be subtle that he was happy at this request.

“Yeah go ahead and sit.” He smiled shyly. Fixing his bangs so that they fell just right on his face. He looked up to see that Jonghyun was already seated smiling at him with his chin resting on his arms. His eyes were big and looking up at Kibum with a gleam of happiness. He was too cute to be real, Kibum thought.

As the two of them began talking about anything and everything, never once was age mentioned. Kibum was almost glad for that too.He really didn’t feel like telling a university student that he was still in high school. They had ended up spending the whole day together, and it all felt like a dream to both of them. Before either knew, a year had passed and Kibum now went to the same university as Jonghyun, and they were actually dating much to the joy of Kibum. They were the couple everyone on campus saw and thought was cute. Both were supportive of the other, Jonghyun always going to Kibum’s art shows, and Kibum going to Jonghyun’s bands concerts.

That’s when it all started.

“Jjong, I thought we had plans tonight.” Kibum whined on the phone to his boyfriend. It was their date night and the three toned idiot called him two hours after they had made plans.

“I know Kibum, it looks like we have a few groupies now though. The guys roped me into it, I’m sorry Bum.” He could hear the apologetic tone Jonghyun had tried very hard for him to hear. Kibum just sighed, laughing it off. He was glad that Jonghyun and the guys were getting rather popular. It made him smile, he couldn’t be mad if that were the case.

But soon, the fans showed up more and more to the concerts, and Jonghyun was recognized a lot more as well. Kibum didn’t mind at first. He thought it was fun actually, some of the fans even became his friends. (Taemin being one of them actually) After a while though, Kibum was fed up with Jonghyun always ditching their dates and coming back to the shared apartment late into the night, sometimes he even came back late into the afternoon the next day.

But how could Kbum stay mad? Jonghyun was a helpless romantic. Every time he did something wrong, he would do something right ten fold. The blonde was a er for sweet little gestures, and Jonghyun was filled to the brim with them. He remembered all the sweet songs he had wrote for him. The one that stuck closest to his heart though, being ‘Replay’. It was the first song he wrote for Kibum, a week after the met he wrote it, and a week after the began dating did he tell him he wrote the song just for Kibum. Kibum really couldn’t be mad if Jonghyun tried so hard to make sure he was happy, even if he had missed several of his last show cases. He was happy to know that his lovable idiot still loved him back.

“Hey, it’s been a week and you haven’t been home. I’d be less worried if you would pick up your phone. Please call me babe.” Kibum had left the thousandth voice mail that week. Evil had gone on a little tour around Seoul to different night clubs, their manager (and drummer) had scheduled a few performances, one after the other at various clubs. He remembered how excited his lover was about the whole thing. It was fun to see him like that really. His eyes lit up and his was shaking like he had a tail attached.

But now three days after they were supposed to be back, Jonghyun was now place to be seen. Kibum waited for a day before he knew that Jonghyun wasn't going to come back anytime soon. It broke his heart that he never called the blonde boy, never texted his lover. He hated it.

It was late at night the fourth day Jonghyun had been gone, when a sleeping Kibum heard the door open none too softly and close even louder than that. He didn’t bother to roll himself out of bed, too tired to move, and too angry to care. He tried to lul himself back to sleep. It was a bit difficult however, because his heart hurt, and he was relieved that the idiot was safe, and- he felt tears rolling down his cheeks. ‘When did that happen?’ he thought. He hadn’t even registered that Jonghyun had crawled into bed with him at that point until his soft voice flowed smoothly into his ears.

“Hey, why are you cryin’ Bum?” His thumbs came to wipe the tears staining his face. He wanted to cry even more.

“Where the hell were you, you ing jerk.” He choked out. He wanted to say he was happy he was back. He wanted to say that he loved him, but those were the thought that plagued him mind the whole time his boyfriend was gone. “Why didn’t you answer my calls or my texts dammit.” There was no stopping him now. The tears kept flowing, and the words poured out faster.

The whole time Jonghyun held Kibum quietly, humming every now and then as he his back soothingly.
“It’s the last time I do that, I promise.” They stayed like that for a long while. Falling asleep in that position even. Kibum had believed that lie, because he truly wanted it to be true.

After months of being blown off because of fans, parties, or actual performances, Kibum felt lonely. His loneliness only worsened once he found out that they had talked to a guy from a record company. Then he almost stopped seeing Jonghyun all together, except for the one class they had somehow gotten together. He hated it, and he would tell his so called lover that when he actually bothered to come home. This would lead them into fights. Many times the fight would end in the eldest of the two storming out and Kibum crying in their small bathroom. He couldn’t take it anymore.

The blonde had went on a binge. Many times not remembering what he had done the night previous. He had woken up in alleys, random hotel rooms, and even the campu area closest to his apartment. He only stopped once Jonghyun had talked to him about it.

“Kibum you’re hurting yourself, you need to stop. Now.” His eyes were worried and serious. Kibum wanted to laugh.

“Oh yeah, you’re one be worried about me.” He gave a dry laugh at his own words. “You didn’t care if I was alone, or missing you, but you care if your, pretty accessory to ward off creeps isn’t there when you need it huh?” His words were drenched is sarcasm and hate.

“That’s not what this is about Kibum.” Jonghyun tried to reason.

“No, this is exactly what this is about, ever since you started getting popular in the music world, you haven’t talked to me, touch me, or even ing come home.” He was seeing red at this point. “We’re supposed to be in a relationship, where you know we talk about things, laugh and love each other, Not oh, let me see if my fans will let me give me and my boyfriend some time!” He hadn't noticed that there were tears in both their eyes.

It was silent for a while. Both sitting on opposite side of the couch in their livingroom. It was maddening. The blonde could hear his own heart breaking as the time went on. The silence finally broken with a sad sigh from Jonghyun.

“Kibum, I don’t this we should be together anymore.” His eyes were downcast, bangs hiding most of his expression from the younger. He then turned his head, looking Kibum in the eyes. “I’m sorry Kibum.”

That was the last Kibum really spoke to Jonghyun. He wasn’t sure when or where everything had gone wrong, but he still wasn't over it, even with two years passing. There were many times after that, that he wished that things had gone differently, that they had managed to work everything out and stay together. There were other times though, that he wished that he was the one that broke Jonghyun’s heart. He hated that he was the only one left with a broken heart, while the other walked away with maybe a fracture to his. It hurt his pride, he thought.

Kibum suddenly snapped back to reality, memories clearing his head as he processed what was going on at that moment. Somewhere in the time he was thinking about their past, the older had closed the space inbetween them, and somewhere in the time it took to close that gap, the had hugged. That’s when Kibum snapped out of his thoughts. Once he did he looked into Jonghyun’s eyes, (Since when was Jonghyun that tall?) and the next thing they knew, they were sharing a sweet and passionate kiss. Jonghun’s mouth was a little rough from his chapped lips, but they were sweet like sugar and molded perfectly with Kibum’s own. The kiss had started turning into something akin to lust but not quite. Soon Kibum was up against the mirror of a dressing station. Their lips never parting as the moved. It felt like forever and Kibum would have rather suffocated than to release Jonghyun’s beautiful lips. But they both pulled away just enough to breathe a few gasps of air, Jonghyun taking note that Kibum had stopped crying as well,  before connecting again. Kibum gasped a little when he felt a  slick tongue asking for entrance across his bottom lip. He easily opened his mouth to let their muscles dance with each other. Jonghyun reaching to tug at the youngers lavender hair, making Kibum moan, only to have it swallowed by Jonghyun’s mouth. They pulled away again, this time though, Jonghyun littered Kibum’s mouth, face, and neck with sweet kisses. It felt like heaven to have Jonghyun’s mouth on him. He missed it. He missed him.

“Jonghyun, I missed you so much. I missed you so, so much.” He felt as if he were going to cry again.

“I missed you too Bum.” His voice was husky, and drowned in sweetness. “I missed us.” He let out a shaky, almost pathetic sounding laugh. as the heard a knock on the door. “Yeah?” He looked over towards the door.

“Jonghyun, baby, are you ready to leave?” Came a females voice.




----
AN: So the second chapter is up! Yaaaaaay~~! I blew off doing my math for this so be greatful~ IID 
Okay, so like a few things I gotta say about this chapter.
A) was 100% not beta edited. so I'm sorry for awkward sentences or wording?
B) This was my first time writing a kissing scene, so I hope it turned out halfway decent?!?! I'm sorry if it didn't.
C) The two baristas are Zico and Jaehyo~~ I couldn;t resist. and sorry for spelling mistakes too, I can't always catch all of them ya know.
Okay anyway I hope you all enjoyed I'm gonna go try and do my math now buh-bye~

- Ra-Ravi~