1

I'm (Not) Yours

1.

Sehun looked up to the grey sky as he felt wet rain droplets fell upon his cheeks. , he cursed inwardly.

He frowned. Sehun had always liked the rain, on the exception of today.  the sun had been shining relentlessly on the beginning of summer but God had just decided to make it rain that day,of all times.

The tall young man pressed his back to the concrete wall he was leaning on as he fumbled his pocket to find his cellphone, before calling a number he knew by heart.

“Luhan hyung?” he called hastily as he heard a faint click.

“Oh, Sehun-ah! wait a minute I’ll be right there! “

A panicked voice and heavy breathing tangled as Luhan was squeezing out every word with much difficulty from the other line of the call. He was most probably sprinting to their promised meeting point. Sehun sighed quietly before adorning his face with a small smile and talk with somewhat cheery voice, telling Luhan to take his time and that he will wait for him.

Sehun decided that he hated the rain from that day onward. The sky was getting darker as the drizzle intensified,further soaking the shirt and jeans he had decided so carefully to wear for that day’s occasion.  He stared dully at the road, watching some couples scurried away to avoid the rain, and waited for a certain someone as he squeezed the movie tickets in his hand into a mess of a paper crumple. He and Luhan should have watched the movie but it had long ended in two hours ago.

Sehun was fine with it, though. He never liked going to cinemas anyway.

***

 “I’m so sorry,”  The older guy was still panting heavily as he mumbled his apology. “I dont know what has gotten into me today..did you wait for a long time?”

Luhan doesn’t even remember what time they should have met that day. Dismissing away a heavy feeling in his chest Sehun gently shook his head, and everything was forgiven the moment Luhan smiled apologetically at him.

They were sitting by the window in a small cafe that Luhan liked the most. Sehun had been taking notes of what the other guy likes, and what’s not. The places he liked to go,the kind of food and drinks he enjoys, the things he does at his free time, and everything else Sehun thought would matter.

Sehun did try his best to make this work. Maybe just a little bit too much.

 

“Go out with me.” Sehun whispered when their lips parted.

It all happened so fast, so sudden. Luhan was about to leave the class room when one of the guy in the class he never talk to come up to him, pulling him into an embrace and took his lips in split seconds.

His head was spinning from the sudden movement and his lips was burning from the kiss. He felt the warmth of Sehun’s body that was pressing close to his, hands encircling his tiny waist holding him secure from limping down to the floor.

“..Why?” He didn’t understand. Why would he do this to him? Luhan barely knew this kid, they had never talk. But the way the taller guy hold him close gave him a tingling feeling and warmth he had been craving for.

Luhan looked about the room and find it empty with no one but the two of them. how long has it been since the last bell ringing again?

He had been spacing out a lot of times since Lay decided to broke up with him and move away to a city far from their hometown. Luhan had it tough his entire life and Lay had been the only thing keeping him straight on his feet and alive. And when he left a part of Luhan died inside.

He snapped back to reality when he felt Sehun’s hand tightened on his waist.

“Why?” Luhan asked again, and Sehun frowned at him.

“I said, because I like you. Don’t you hear me just now?”

Luhan looked up to meet Sehun’s eyes. He managed to take a peek at Sehun’s uniform name tag and sighed when the taller guy decided to kiss him again.

“Your answer?” he demanded, and Luhan couldn’t feel anything but the hot stare Sehun was giving him and the familiar warmth spreading all over his body. Luhan then realized that he missed being hugged like this.

and he missed feeling loved like this.

“Yes...yes.”

 

“You really look unwell today,”

Luhan was staring at the pouring rain absentmindedly and flinched when Sehun touched his hands.

“Ah,really?”

“Yeah, you look pale.”

“Maybe because it suddenly rains like this.”

Sehun glanced at the heavily pouring rain and sighed. They can’t really go anywhere in this weather.

“Do you want to come to my house?” Luhan said, out of the blue.

Sehun was taken aback with the sudden offering.

“Have you eaten yet?” he asked again, to which Sehun shook his head. “No,I haven’t. I was planning to have lunch with you.”

“Then it’s perfect. ” Luhan said with a clap. “I will cook for us. My house is near by an besides, we need to dry off our clothes.” He smiled at Sehun.

A moment later when the rain had calmed down they ran down to an apartment complex. Luhan led him to an unfortunate looking apartment bulding and it seemed that he lived there. It was an old thing and from the look of it, it’ll fall on their head at any given moment.

The door of his room creaked painfully when Luhan pushed it open. Sehun looked inside for the first time and despite the ‘old’ feeling attached to the property, it seemed like Luhan took care of the place quite good. It was small but cozy and clean. He noticed flower pot was placed here and there around the room. then he noticed that the room was empty, no one was home.

“Where are your parents?”

“They’re not around. Make yourself at home.” Luhan smiled at him and gestured Sehun to take a seat at the living room. He left into his room to change and Sehun blushed when he saw Luhan back in his apron. The honey haired guy handed him a few towel and a fresh clothes to change into.

“Well..you’re free to do anything while I do the cooking. It’s not much but I’ll whip up something nice. And oh, you can go change in my room.” luhan said before he went to the kitchen.

The first thing Sehun take note of Luhan’s room was that it smelled nice. Sehun changed into the fresh clothes and look about the room; it was well organized and really clean.

He went to lazily examine a stack of books on Luhan’s desk.  He read a lot about travelling and amazing places to visit. Sehun took note that he should probably take Luhan on a vacation to somewhere far away when they graduated high school.

He took a book and flicked through it for a quick scan and fell rigid when he saw a photo of Luhan and Lay in the middle of the book.

Of course he knew about Lay. Sehun had been watching Luhan for the longest time.

“Sehun-ah! lunch’s ready!”

He heard Luhan yelled for him from the kitchen and Sehun couldn’t bring himself to reply.

He quietly slipped the photo into his pocket before walking out of the room, all smiles.

***