Back-up plan

How I met Got7

Operation 02 – Always have a back-up plan.

She fills the application up and waits, hoping that she’ll get accepted right away. But, she is shock by what the staff tells her.

“I am sorry, um. Geumji ssi, we have passed our quota for today, and this month also, so, we will be rejecting your application and the applicants before you until some of our members withdraw from their group positions or individual membership. We won’t be accepting new applications until further notice,” the staff puts a sign on, saying: ‘Not Accepting Applications’.

Geumji’s eyebrows furrows and she inhales some air,

“Miss, for your information, We have been standing here for hours, enduring the pain that is in our calves, letting our stomach growl and let go of the desire to drink water and you’re telling us that you’re now not accepting applications?! Why didn’t you count the number of people that got accepted to keep track of your ‘quota’?? What kind of service is that?!”

 

But of course, she wouldn’t say something as harsh as that. She doesn’t have the will and the right thickness of her face, never will she.

Geumji just left the café, without good news. ‘What’s my plan B?’ She, once again, jumps from shock when someone clings into her arms, “Geumji~ are you ok?” Methicaya looks worried but seeing Methicaya somehow made Geumji calm and feel at ease.

“What are you going to do now?” Methicaya gives Geumji the fruit frappe that she ordered just now.

“Umm.” As Geumji looks around, she sees this poster. ‘Got7 Official Fan Group – Now accepting members! Come join us~!’ and a plan is commenced in her head.

 

Methicaya follows Geumji as she enters the building that is only a few blocks away from Exo’s Fan café, “Whoa!” They both exclaim, seeing fan girls that are a lot more than they saw back at Exo’s. “JYP’s Got7 are this year’s categorized Rookies with YG’s Winner, Got7’s so-called rival. So, that’s your plan?” Methicaya looks at here, somehow, telling her to explain what Geumji’s plan is.

“So, here it goes. I will join Got7’s fan club. Only going with the club whenever Got7 goes to a show, concert, or interviews with Exo in it too. That way I could sneak up to Exo and do what I want: Introduce myself, befriend them, and make them like me. Fighting!” Geumji poses the ‘hwaiting’ pose after stating her plan.

Methicaya looks kind of displeased after hearing Geumji, “That sounds so selfish. I thought fan clubs are international fans and local fan’s connection with their bias group? And also, Fan clubs help their groups, not just befriend them or anything.” Methicaya points out, trying hard to let Geumji understand.

Geumji just nods in agreement and they walk to the end of the line.

“So. Who is Methicaya?” Geumji smiles while asking. Methicaya grins and starts narrating.

“I was born in Amphoe Mueang Samut Prakan, Thailand. Lived there for 10 years then we moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. My name was formerly Methicaya Praphasirirat but my mom got married to another a foreigner and I prefer using Mom’s maiden name which is Pookusuwan,” Methicaya continues, “I moved here in Seoul by myself almost two and half years ago due to my birthday wish. It was my 18th birthday, so, they kind of want to make me happy.”

She smiles sheepishly at Geumji. “So, Methicaya is like... 21 years old?” Geumji asks her then Methicaya nodded. ‘So much for a 21 years old. Looks younger than me.’ Geumji sighs and waits in line.

 

“Do you speak Korean?” the staff asks Geumji while she was filling her application up, then she shakes her head. “If you were to get accepted for a membership, kindly learn the language, so, you can communicate with the staffs and Got7 as well. Just so you know, we help Got7, not fan girl and say I love you to them. We will be a material to lessen the stress, not be the cause of it,” the staff smiles at Geumji but with eyes that glint.

Geumji hands the paper and she is told to wait for a verification via email.

 

Operation 01 - Join the fanclub - FAILED.

Operation 02 - Always have a back-up plan - COMPLETE