Start of Mission

How I met Got7

Geumji opened her eyes, remembering that they are still in the airport. 'Incheon International Airport... was it?' She even tried to remember where her Mom went. She looked around seeing different people. Being alone in an unknown place is what she is scared of but being alone and lost in an unknown place is what she feared the most. Being a laugh stock when she was young, she hated being alone and be foolish in front of others. It is a very hateful phobic disaster...

Hearing nothing anymore, Geumji put down her headphone to her neck and a small bag filled with gadgets sitting on her lap. Gadgets are the things she treasures the most, not only it was worth her monthly allowance but it was the only things she bought for herself.


After waiting there for a while, her Mom finally arrived with their luggage. "What took you so long?" Geumji blurted out and stared at her Mom. "We had a little problem but I solved it~!" her Mom posed the peace sign which made her laugh. Seeing her Mom being cute and all is everything she want right now. Her previous wish that was about her family being complete was long-gone, the Father she waited for turned out to be a complete jerk.

Geumji's Mom took out her phone and it looks like she was contacting someone, 'Mom knows someone in Korea?' Geumji looked at her Mom and listened to their conversation.

"Yobeoseyo?"
"Eoni?"
"Ne, Nuguseyo?"
"Eoni! It's me! Hanbi!"
"Hanbi? Are you in Incheon already?"
"Yes! Should we wait for you... or should we just take the airport limousine?"
"The airport limousine is kind of expensive, but you can just take the airport express to Gimpo airport."
"... and we'll just take the airport subway?"
"Ne, Line 5 to Seoul, arasseo? Then, wait for me outside the subway."
"Okay, annyeong."

She saw her Mom in excitement.

"Mom, who was that?" She asks as her Mom put down her phone, "It was my sister, Sun-jee. Don't you remember? We used to live here."

 

They walked to the Airport Train Information Centre at the Arrival Hall; they proceeded, following the signage to the station. They bought AREX train ticket from the vending machine. They quickly walked straight onto the train. Luckily, they departed from Canada about 15:00 pm, so, they kind of catch the first train.

The trip took about 45 minutes to Gimpo Airport Subway Station. Then they changed platform to LINE 5 to Seoul and bought new tickets that cost a little less than US$9.

After waiting for a while, Hanbi’s sister called.

“Where are you, Hanbi?”
“Are you here already?”
“Yes, I will send Sae-ryun to help you with your luggage.”
“Okay.”
“He is wearing a red v-neck vans and pants. He is wearing red geeky glasses; hope you’ll see him quickly!”

Geumji’s Mom looked around and saw a rather tall guy with flashy geeky glasses. His right eye was covered by his long bangs and he was wearing a red shirt. “He’s here already. Gomawo~~ Annyeong~~” Geumji’s Mom said with her aegyo voice.

Geumji was told to approach the guy. “Um. Yo?” Geumji poked Sae-ryun and He quickly turned around to see who was poking him. “Umm?” Geumji pointed at her Mom who was already at her side, “Are you Sae-ryun? Can you help us with our luggage?” Her Mom smiled and Sae-ryun nodded and went to carrying some of their luggage.

 

"Annyeong Hanbi ah! jal jinaesseo?" Sun-jee gave Geumji's Mom a pat hug.

"Nan gwaenchana~ eum... Eoni, nae ttal...” Geumji's Mom held her in front and Geumji bows. Sun-jee bows back and smiled at them, "Come!" She gestured them to come with her.


Sun-jee and Sae-ryun helped them put their luggage in her car's trunk.

"Na neun pegopah?" Sun-jee asked them as she signals the car behind her and move into the far left lane after the way got cleared. "Eoni, Yeongeoro malhae~ Geumji still doesn't know how to speak in Korean...” Geumji's Mom giggled as Geumji dozed off onto Sae-ryun's shoulder because of the jetlag and tiredness. "You didn't teach her?" Sun-jee took a hard left as she speaks, "Ani... but I just told her to study hangeul last week, so it may be tough for her.” "Ah... jinjja?" "Neh."

 

"Wake up, Geumji... Wake up, Geumji nuna~" Geumji opened her eyes wide after hearing the word 'nuna'. She sat straight and looked around. 'That's right, we just moved to Korea like 1140 minutes ago. .’ She almost jumps in shock after remembering the boy next to her. Geumji heard some footsteps and saw her Mom with their luggage.

"Oh! Geumji, you woke up already?" Her Mom put down the luggage and sat next to her. "This is Sae-ryun. Your cousin, Sun-jee's son," then Sae-ryun bowed and grinned, 'Oh! Cute!' Geumji has a thing with cute things, smiles, hugs and anything that makes her happy.


Dinner is served in Yoo Household and since they have a guest, the set looks like a mini buffet, for Geumji's point of view. You can feed her anything as long as it's not 'too much' like 'too much sweet', 'too much spice', etc. But since Geumji already has the habit to eat by herself, she took her plate with a 3 slices of ddokbokki.

She went to her room and opened the window for some night air that she loves the most. Their apartment seems like on the 18th or 20th floor, 'How did they make it up here?'

The scenery was actually breath-taking. Seoul is so beautiful in the evening. Nightscapes that you will fall in love with. She grabbed a slice and ate it slowly. There's a part of the city where you can see those lights that shoot up to the sky or something and lights flickering abnormally, 'Must've be a concert.'

 

 

 

At last, after thinking about concerts, Geumji quickly took her cell phone. Taking pictures and posted them on her website with a caption: 'Geumji's dream has finally come true! My first night in Korea!'

A train of thoughts circled her mind, "I'll definitely attend fan meets, concerts and album launching! Just to meet and help EXO!"