As though everything seemed over...

Everything turned into Nothing

I always thought life was cruel. Who knew. Really, who knew, if would turn more cruel than it already is. I'm an orphan.

My name is Tia, and I'm just another girl in this world. Not so normal. Abnormal. Different. What a curse.

Ever since I was born, voices of others wrung in my head. My mind. Polluting my mind with thoughts. Thoughts of others. I could read minds. But it is a curse. Everyday, every minute, voices wring in my head. Of the unspoken words of others. Of others' confessions. Of others' hatred and wishes. What you call 'cool' I call a curse. And I tell you, and I mean it, you will know why.

My story starts now. Whether you read it or not, I don't care. I'm not a significant part of life. So don't make me one.

BAAM. I tripped over a drain and dropped to the ground again. Ow. Pain is merely a stimulation of nerves. It didn't mean anything. Mental pain was far more torturous than physical pain, I swear. Years of pain had made me numb. So numb. I felt like an emotionless doll. But I don't care. It was after another boring day at school. Again. And again. I go to school. For what reason? Studies? Friends? If I even had any.

Nevertheless, pain still burned into my knee and ankle. The skin had been ripped out, and blood oozed out. My ankle started to swell and I realised the serverity of my injury. It started to swell and it ached dully. I tried to stand up, and I realised it was almost impossible, under the circumstances of my pain.

But what can I do about it?

Nobody will come and help me.

I'm an insignificant part of everyones' life.

I'm nothing. A nobody.

A mere speck of dust in the dull, greyish air which nobody notices. Nobody. Nobody. The word burned a hole in my heart. Despite how often I say that word, it still hurt my heart. I had long realised the sad truth behind this word, but it still hurts. Why...? 

Still, I felt nothing.

emotionless.

My body merely a husk to hold my flowing emotions.

LIfe is colourless. A mere patch of grey. It had been like this ever since my parents died. When everything, turned to nothing.

I could not help them.

I didn't have the ability to do so.

No matter how far I look, I'm still as useless as I am now.

My tiny hands can't hold on to what I hold dear.

So I lost it.

And I deserved it.

For my inability to do anything, I deserved it.

I don't believe in hope, because hope doesn't exist.

Back to reality, with me trying to stand up.

Face the truth, and I will. I can't stand up. It hurts. The overpowering pain of my sprained ankle, sending whafts of pain through my body, making sweat pour out. I couldn't go home at this rate...if I even had one. My adoptive parents fought, all day, all night, not sparing a thought for me. They left me to rot, in hell. Or something worse than hell. They vented their emotions...on me. When I didn't go home, nobody called. Nobody cared. I am just an insignificant part of everyones' lives.

"Are you okay...?" Who is this girl. My mind-reading abilities kicked in.

A warm voice. A voice filled with a light tone of kindness, the ever-flowing gentleness, just like leaves of the spring. I didn't like it. I didn't like kindness. It is nothing but mere human sympathy. It was always fake, not genuine.

I didn't respond. I should have, but I didn't.

"Hey, let me take you to the sick bay, by the way, I'm Jae." Her ankle is sprained quite badly... More thoughts. 

He smiled. Who knew, it caused a ripple at my heart.

Such a gentle, kind person. How could such a person exist?

His eyes were sparkling with life, unlike mine of which were dull and dead. His face softened and his lips pulled into a smile. I hated smiles. Smiles I could have worn, but was never able to. I was jealous. How can somebody smile so easily?

I didn't say a word, again. Just a few seconds, I was jealous. I was jealous of his luck. I was jealous because he could smile, while I had to live without it. I was jealous because of his wonderful...kindness. That I had long threw away.

He pulled me up, and supported me. Why is this person helping me? I was not worth helping. I was a worthless person. I was insignificant.

"I...I'm Tia..." It slipped out without me knowing. Surprised by my own voice, I looked away, afraid to see his expression. My voice was awful. Every single thing of me was awful. 

"Nice to meet you!" Jae...That was his name. I remembered it now. What a cute name, Tia. Thoughts from him. I was surprised. No one ever called me cute. No one remembered my name. For him to do that so simply...was it...magic?

His kindness scared me. Strangely, it was soothing.

Why does she look so sad...? That single strand of thought, shook my frozen heart.

There was something in his magical voice, that made colour return to the world.