The Fated Day

No More Me

Willow Street ( Byorang Tower, NU district 7.30 pm )

I run down the street like crazy, bumping onto people here and there earning mumble complains and sometimes shouts from the irritated people that i passed by. I don’t know how many more mumbled apologized that i uttered while cursing silently inside my head.

“I’m Screwed!!!” i cursed to myself as i the end of the street right on the crossroad. I’m very very late right now, and no way in hell that he’s gonna forgive me this time, i don’t want everything i planned for today get screwed up, yet here i am running like a stag being chased by a cheetah, catching my breath every opportunity i got, cause I’m a drop dead Diva and just can’t stop myself from shopping till i forgot all the time in the world!

My cellphone keep ringing, but i know better than picking it up, so i just keep running and finally, finally!!! I reach the white building that i had seen from the street for quite a while, a white building where the DEVIL KING himself waiting for me. Without acknowledging the guards that bowed to me, i keep running trying to catch the elevator that has just arrived and leting some people out, except the one figure that totally familiar to me,  looks like the goodes of luck coming to save my for the day after all.

“HOLD IT!!!!” i scream at the woman who holds the elevator button, thankfully she heard me and hold the door open till i get in.

“Again, kibum?” asked her while watching me catching my breath, leaning against the opposite wall of the elevator from her. I just want to be able to breathe again that i just give an exhausted nods to her.

“How late are you this time?” she had this expression “I-know-what you do” with a raised eyebrow, i just raised three fingers to her, and this time she just give me a big sigh and a shake of head, reaching into her blazer pocker, she gives me her handkerchief. I nod gratefully to her and wipe my sweaty face with it.

“I know he’s gonna kill me this time, Ber.” I said to her finally, she just shrughed her shoulder and watch the floor LED indicator, it’s written 5, then i’ll be there soon, after all the building is not that high, only 10 floor, and i’m going to the 10th floor obviously.

“Just make sure you beg much more pitifully this time, like you’ll die if he didn’t forgive you.”

“Easy for you to say, amber....”

“Hey, i’m not the one that come late at this very important meeting. You know your brother won’t forgive you this time, if your excuses will be the same as the last time.”

“Well, begging to Jjong always help me before....”

“Not this time, Bum. Just accept that you’ll be grounded for the rest of your life this time.” Says Amber cutting my sentence, her eyes giving me the michiveous stare that give me the chills to my tailbone. I pouted, and didn’t initiate any conversation with her anymore, instead i keep staring at the LED displayed that slowly coming down to 10. And when the Soft ‘ding’ heard, my heart beating so fast again, i don’t want to know what will happened to me if my brother know my excuse for being late is not as important as it should be, ( but of course for the Diva, shopping should be number one! )

“Just go.” Amber pushed me out the elevator down to the hallway, leading the only door that present in that floor.

“But....”

“Just go so he won’t be mad anymore with you.”

I sighed and steeling my heart hoping that i could survive this day to live the bright tomorrow. Without looking back, walked down the hallway, reaching the door. Taking last deep breath, i opened the door.

“Jinki..... “

Silence, the very first thing that i dread of. Jinki HATES Silence and the room was dark. The only noises i can hear is the Big screen Tv that still on even though it’s not showing any programs. I call out his name once again, no asnwer. What happened with telling me to get here ASAP. I sighed, and try the second room beside my brother office, it’s his private room. Maybe he get tired of waiting for me and lay down for a second.

I step over the room, and again nothing. It was so dark i couldn’t see, but one thing i notice that it was raining outside and the thunder can be seen far in the sky. So many loud noises could be heard but it’s far enough that i didn’t have to cover my ears for the loud noise.

Jinki wouldn’t left right? He said that he was waiting for me here. I walked over to the single bed placed on the corner of the room, facing the wide window. The curtain was opened wide, showing a spectacular view from above, even though the weather was bad, it was still beautiful no wonder Jinki would stay here for hours after work. Again i found nothing, no Jinki sleeping on the bed. Only messy papers scattered around, and a thick file on the night stand. I sighed once again, sitting on the bed and pulling out my phone, i try to call my so called older brother.

“The number you are calling.....”

Out of Area? But he call me not an hour ago, what’s going on really?

I lay my body on the bed for a second, maybe i’ll just wait for him here. Maybe he went out to get something. I close my eyes trying to relax, but somehow.... i can’t... not being able to contact Jinki worry me. I sat up again, and turning the nightlight on, pulling the thick file over my lap, maybe this is the reason why Jinki called me, about work, maybe this is the file i thought. After all it was not uncommon for Jinki to call my help, even thought i was still i high school, i already making design of my own, and Jinki sometimes ask for my help for his office work.

Opening up the file, i start to read the papers one by one. The paper was written in English, not that was a problem for me, i understand the language well enough to know what was written in there. and that's what toubles me more. The papers.... they are talking alot of stuff about transfering something, it seems importand and confidental that they didn’t give any written information about the object, except the code. I notice this because over those pappers i found the same intial written over and over again. K . E. Y it said. But i don’t understand much of it cause the languange is too difficult for me who only use daily english, i still need dictionary to understand it.

I close the file and set it aside on the nightstand. Now let’s see there’s so many paper scattered around the bed, Jinki must be in Hurry. I picked the paper clostest to me, and flip it over. It’s a biodata it seems. There’s a blood type, and very detailed medical record. I pulled over another papper, it’s thicker seems like something was glued to the papper and make it thicker than they originally are, maybe it’s a photo i think.

I was right.

It was a photo, and i don’t have to recall anything at all to recognize the person in that picture.

After all it was me.