Following Out with the Plan

SeoHyun's April Fool's Day Prank

It was the morning of April 1st. Everyone decided to sleep in a little today since they were on break after having tiring schedules including variety shows, photo shoots, and promoting for their latest single, Mr. Mr.

The one person you never thought you would play a joke on a rest day would have something in mind.

Seohyun’s PoV

I wake up and check the time. It’s 7 in the morning. No one is probably awake. In all honesty, I wouldn’t want to be awake after all the promotions we’ve been going through these past couple months. But, after reading something over the Internet, a prank popped into my head. I didn’t want to deploy the plan on any day though. It had to be a reasonable day where all the girls were home and no one was going to have a hangover.

I’m feeling nervous about the plan. What if they read me? What if I get out of character? What if they automatically know I’m playing a trick? What if the trick comes back to me? Ugg. These second thoughts are on the verge of having me chicken out on this idea that I've been planning for months.

Should I even really do this? It's so childish.

...Well... to an extent.

I pushed back the thoughts. I was going to play the trick through and through in hope of success.

With my mind contemplating back and forth, I pushed back my plan. I wasn’t feeling confident enough. Maybe I should give it more time. Let's review the scheme again. Maybe, I should give my eonnis some more time to rest before I wake them up with something unheard of in the household. Yeah. That's a good excuse.

I feel stiff and my forehead begins to sweat. An hour passes, then another half hour. I’m feeling nervous. Well I better go for it. It’s now or never.

“Mmmm,” I try to moan out. Silence is heard through the room. I think I sounded too cute-sy.

“Ehhhh,” I try to sound a little more...seductive this time.

“Hmmmmm,” This time I grasp the edge of Hyo’s pillow.

After a few seconds, I finally get a response. “What the ?” I hear her say. I try not to laugh.

“Mmmmmmmmm,” I moan a little louder. I hear her turn to me. Is she not going to do anything? I pause for a while. It was getting to awkward for me. My cheeks were turning red.

I can hear her scratch her head. “God, I must be imagining things. But, I didn’t get drunk last night. Did I?” She turns with her back facing me.

I let out a smile, it’s working so far. I decide to let 10 or 15 minutes pass by. I don’t know which. All I know is that I waited to the point that I almost slept again. I wake myself up and continue with the plan.

“Oh~,” I say out loud. Maybe too loud? Well, Hyo wakes up again.

“What the hell is going on here?” She semi-shouts.

I decide that now would be a good time to put on a show.

“Mmmmmmmm,” I moan out again. This time clenching the sheets and curling my toes.

I hear silence at first but then Hyoyeon’s shifting out of the bed and hyperventilating can be heard. 

“What is going on in this room?” A voice enters as I hear the door open slowly. It sounds like Tiffany. Goodness, more people. I feel a bit embarrassed, but I need to follow through with this plan to make it super successful!

“I don’t know, but all I hear is Seo--.” Hyo begins talking but I cut her off.

“Ohhhhhh~!” I think I overdid this one.

The room became coldly silent.

“Eonnis. Why are your mouths hanging open like that? I heard strange sounds next door, then I hear Tiffany eonni talk, then I hear the sounds again.” Yoona says completely innocent.

I make another moan again. This time I decided to open my mouth.

I think the shock overcame them before any of them could respond. “Is that Seo?!” Yuri looks with bewilderment.

“Girls, why are you up so early?! We are on break!” Taeyeon scolds the girls.

“Yeah! Go back to sleep!” Sunny says with her annoying aegyo.

“What’s the holdup?” I’m surprised Sooyoung didn’t having anything in .

It’s a full house, kekekekeke~. Now’s the time for my finale.

I take a shaky breath in and let out a loud, “Ahhhhhh~!” with my hands tightly grasping the sheets, feet spazzing, and back arching.

The girls were in shock.

“Is she possessed?!” Yuri asks with worry and confusion.

“She might as well be!” Sunny shouts.

“Call a priest!” Sooyoung exclaims.

I decide to continue on. “Oh, ah! Mmm! Ah!” I kept going for around 30 seconds trying to not laugh. I hear a set of footsteps at the door.

“Seo? Are you okay?” I hear Hyo trying to be calm, but sounding like she doesn’t know how to handle the situation. I don’t think anyone would with me being involved (;

“THAT’S OUR MAKNAE!?” I hear the final girl come in. I was even able to wake up the Sleeping Ice Princess? Well done, actress Seo. "What is going on here?!" Sica continues in English.

I finally end the show with me screaming at the top of my lungs and almost jumping out of my bed. I’m deeply breathing in and out, pretending that I just had the naughtiest dream.

I never noticed, but my body is really sweaty and my face feels a little hot and red. My heart is racing and I feel light-headed because of the sudden movement of waking up. Even though nothing really happened, my body seemed to even play the part.

My hair is in may face. I sneak a peek at the girls. All have faces with shock; a majority with mouths hanging wide open. I flinch a smile, but remind myself that the trick isn’t fully complete.

I wanted to end it now; scream 'April Fools~' like some elementary school boy, but I thought of something else.

“Seo? Are you okay?” Hyoyeon repeated slowly whilst sitting in her spot on the bed. She rubbed my arm and shoulder while I pretended to slow down my breathing.

“Eonni. I had a-a weird dream.” I saw squinty eyes go wide and pop out. Some faces turned red.

“You don’t have to talk about it if you don't want to,” She hugged me; her hand now rubbing my back. My conscious was feeling guilty.

I knew I was making everyone feel awkward and embarrassed but I continued on.

“It’s all a blur now, but I all remember was having this feeling of-of,” I tried searching to the right and most promiscuous word, grabbing my head into my hands, “ecstasy.” Bingo.

Some girls looked down. I think some laughed because they were internally mocking my innocence. Others went and sat in our bed or beside me. Soon enough the bed was full with the girls trying to comfort me. Now I was feeling guilty. I fought with my head, but convinced myself I would feel better after this was all said and done.

“The feeling was so foreign, but I liked it.” I explained. I know everyone was probably feeling uncomfortable. I was uncomfortable making up this inappropriate lie.

“What was the last thing you remember,” Taeyeon asked.

“Yah! Don’t ask her that you Byuntae!” Sooyoung scolded her.

“It’s not like we all want to know.” Tiffany exclaimed. No one knew if she was being sarcastic or serious. I smiled for a second hoping no one would notice. I think it may have been a good time to smile.

“Oh, God, she smiled,” Sunny pointed out. I hope I didn’t lose my cover. I think Hyo gave a mischievous smile.

I tried to cover up quickly. “I don’t really know. It really was a obscure. All I know was that I felt like I was reaching some, I don’t know, a peak?”

Yuri coughed and Yoona tried to comfort her. Hyo smiled. Once a choding, always a choding. I think she figured out but I know she’s just playing along for now.

“Oh, yeah? Then what happened?” Hyo asked, unconvinced. I was afraid I spoke too soon. All the girls seemed to have given her dirty looks though, meaning they didn’t get the hint.

My face turns red and I smile mischievously. I think that broke my cover. Too bad, my story just ended. “Something creamy exploded in my face,” the girls all gasped. I could hear Yuri coughing more. “It tasted a bit sweet but salty.”

That really killed it for the girls.

Hyoyeon guffaws so loud that all the people in the room seem to glare at her. “And why are you laughing Kim HyoYeon? Are you that immature?” Jessica scolded the choding.

“What a ert!” Sunny assaults.

“And where did you get this crazy idea, maknae?” She gave me an ‘as-a-matter-of-fact’ look. I lost my cover.

I didn’t know how to respond. “April Fools guys?” I try to say. At first, the silence of shock saturates the room. After a few seconds, the girls groan in unison. I finally let the laugh out that I’ve been holding in for hours.

“You woke me up to play a trick, Seobaby?” Sica sounded mad. I feel guilty and slightly scared now.

“Well it was a good trick! Nice one Joohyun!” Yoona gave me a high-five.  

I chuckled and I decided to continue my streak, “I overheard Tiffany-eonni one night. I thought we were all sleeping.” They all look at her. I was lying again, but her face turns red.

She mutters, “No. No! That can’t be true!”

I giggle something that sounds a little too dubious. Everyone gives me a questionable stare. Fany eyes are bulging out. “Did I really do that in my sleep?! I didn’t even know! Wh-Why didn’t you wake me up?!”

I chuckle again, this time containing myself. “I’m just kidding eonni.”

“Yah. It must have been that one time I caught Seo reading or watching something naughty!” Hyo proclaimed.

This was the part I was most afraid of. I didn’t think she would even remember the incident.

“Are you talking about the time you said you saw Seo mysteriously running away after you caught her doing something on her laptop?” Taeyeon said with amusement while Tiffany laughed at the situation.

"How could you remember something like that?" Sunny asks.

"She's my roommate~. I remember everything! Plus, it's Seohyunnie guys! Something remarkable as that is worth remembering!" Everyone nods in agreement.

The room fell silent again. I had a short period of reflection. Yeah,  this was fun, but I don't think I'll ever pull off something as crazy as this. Well. It was fun while it happened. 

Yoona's voice interrupted my train of thought. “So what were you reading, Seobaby?” Yoona said with a scary glint in her doe eyes.

“Eonnis!” I hid my face in my hands. My face was surely all red.

They laugh once again. “I’m just kidding with you, maknae,” Hyoyeon says before throwing her arms around my figure trying to comfort me. Everyone joins in for a group hug.

Jessica yawns, “Well I’m going back to sleep.”

“I’m with you, sistah!” Sunny shouts with agreement.

Everyone decides to leave.

“Yah! Are none of you thinking about breakfast?” Sooyoung exclaims.

“I’ll think about it around lunch time.” Taeyeon jokes.

Sooyoung groans and clatters around to grabs some sort of food that crunches.

The door closes and Hyoyeon closes the blinds.

She turns her back towards me again, hugging her pillow. “Don’t ever scare me like that again.”

I simply reply, “I won’t.” I smile at my semi-success. I got at least 7 of the 8 other girls convinced to the end. “Happy April Fools.” I turn her way, but I can already hear her light snores.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there you have it!

Didja like it? :D I enjoyed writing it, but I did feel uncomfortable, even in the comfort of my lonely room.

But tell me. What's the best prank you've ever pulled?! Do you guys celebrate April Fool's to any extent? Comment! I wanna hear! Maybe I'll tell you mine if you ask. Really, you have no idea how much I love comments. Good. Bad. Leave it here. [:

Stay warm and healthy[: 

kamsahamnida! maraming salamat, po! xie xie! domo arigatou gosaimasu!