Why?

Finding That Place

Shake. Shake. Spray. Shake. Shake. Spray.

“YAH! You…delinquent!”

I turned around abruptly and saw a cop a couple feet away from me in the abandoned railway station; I threw my spray cans in my duffle, grabbed it and ran.

“YAH! Get back here!”

Running. Running. Never looking back. That’s all I do…

Then sirens, handcuffs, and the phone call that I wish they wouldn’t have to make.

10 hours earlier…

I walked into my apartment seeing it in complete panic. Clothes all over the place.

“Sis! Ava! I’m home!” I shouted throughout the small room.

“Hello!”

My sister finally found a way to swim out of the sea of blouses, skirts, and high heels.

“Kor, you’re home. How was your day?”

“How was my day?! What ‘bout you! I haven’t seen a mess like this since Bran’s birthday of ’01!” I said while laughing. My sister glared at me.

“Don’t mention brother and don’t make fun of me I have a big night tonight!”

I rolled my eyes. She needs to get over that. “Sorry, and I’m not! Just make your clothes part like the red sea so I can get to my room.”

“Fine.”

She moved the waves and the sea creatures so I didn’t have to test my survival skills. I closed my door, dropped my bag, changed and laid on my bed. Sigh. Bliss. I laid down and took a nap.

a6674693bc02f6a402f945fd81b5bfdc.jpg A/N:without the shoes they come later xD

Sand. That sweet ocean air. My place. My home. The waves beneath my board. I felt the water and sighed in relaxation. I heard screams from shore; I turned and looked to see my family cheering and yelling to me smiling. I took the moment to get a good look around. I was there. In Hawaii…competing…I turned back and smiled; the perfect wave was coming and I was going to get it. I dived, positioned myself and stood. I rode the wave with a smile, cheers everywhere. I heard thunder and looked up and saw the bright and sunny day turned dark and murderous. I wiped out and couldn’t resurface I was being dragged down. I couldn’t breathe. HELP! HELP! SOMEONE…

 

“SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!”

“Hey, Kory! Kor! WAKE UP!”

 I jolted awake sweat, tears, and air. AIR! I took a deep breath feeling oxygen get into my lungs. I looked at my sister, sniffling and sobbing.

“Hey, hey shhh…shhh…you’re okay…nothing’s going to hurt you…you’re okay.” She whispered into my ear as she held my in her lap and rocked me back and forth.

“You don’t ever have to go back to that house.”

I stayed silent.

“Dinner’s ready…its barbecued kajiki* you’re favorite.”

A smile slowly spread across my face. I laughed as I stifled a sob.

“Well, let’s not keep it waiting.”

We laughed and walked out into the living room where we ate dinner and watched a movie. 8 p.m. come around and it was almost time for Ava to leave.

“I’ll be late coming home so if you get hungry again, eat the leftover kajiki okay.”

I nodded my head.

“Don’t get into any trouble either. Please I don’t want another trip down to Sherriff Yoo’s station again.”

“I won’t.”

I turned to see her looking at me in disbelief. Really?!

“I promise.”

She still looked at me unconvinced. Okay! What the hell does she want me to say?!

“I’m probably going to watch movies and nap anyways.”

“No, you ARE going to watch movies and nap.”

I laid on the couch and watched reruns of dramas. I heard my sisters retreating footsteps and the door closing.

“Seriously, I haven’t been there for two weeks. You’d think she’d be proud.” I muttered to no one in particular.

I woke up in a panic much like earlier. I breathed in and out; I looked at the clock, 10:15.

“I gotta go clear my head.” I ran to my room and grabbed my art duffle.

“Some graffiti will take my mind off of everything.” I muttered.

I ran out the door and headed to my favorite place, the abandoned train station. It’s off limits but, I don’t care it’s the only place I feel like myself. Like how I used to be. Once there I tried finishing up my latest work.

“YAH!”

I looked back.

“Yes?” I said in a bored tone.

“Why are you at OUR hangout?” A girl not much older than me said with attitude.

“Umm…last time I checked this is free for all and if you wanna hangout be my quest I won’t bother you if you don’t bother me.” I told her and turned back to my work.

“I don’t think you understand. You’re leaving.”

“Well, I guess you’ll have to carry me out.”

After the fight they ran off. When you grow up with three older brothers you learn how to defend yourself. I started my work again with my black eye, cut lip, and dust covered on me from head to toe.

 

Now

“Your sisters on her way she said it’ll only be a moment. You know where you can sit to wait.”

I got up and was about to make my way to the chairs when…

“You were doing so good…why-

“A lot of things go unanswered Mr. Yoo. A lot of things.”

I heard him sigh. I sat down in one of the empty chairs. The door opened and I saw a man maybe in his early twenties or late teens walk in beside the one person I dreaded seeing. A disappointed sister.

 

A/N: Purple is english.

Kajiki is Pacific Blue Marlin. 

Hope you liked it. :)