Back Story: Kory

Finding That Place

I remember when I was little ...adopted by an amazing family that lived in Hawaii. My mother, Cayden, and father, Xavier, where surfers. I learned just like my other siblings but, I was different. I competed. I was the mermaid of the family; lived, breathed, and whipped out most of the time.



Three brothers and a sister; that's what I say when people ask why I'm competitive. I remember when my family turned for the worst...when...my life was filled with yelling, crashing of glass...hate. Surfing was my only escape...my escape into a world where my family life wasn't crappy...the ocean, the waves...that was my home. Home got worst when Dad and Mom divorced it was messy too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTknU3e_s2jfNnT4YjQK1E images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6OCHtaSNKCrOvP-sIRP9 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL9HcXCHcmevnqUtZzYd6 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkc390L2BgIAztZOvxIjx images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK6Rx6bpjLwiCzyE5XmGi

There's big es between my siblings and I, so being at a fragile age when this happened I didn't know what to do or think. Surfing became distant and as surfing became distant so did that world. I still have that world but,...it's slowly fading. As it's fading...I'm becoming more and more rebellious. Skipping school, getting bad grades, detentions, juvie...my perfect world is crashing down and the scary thing is...

...I kinda like it...