Chapter III: 3 minutes

Aftertime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

  Three Minutes

Taeyeon asked, "Uhm~ Sunggyu, don't you have work for today? I guess your dad will be looking for you."

Sunggyu went towards the calendar that was hanging to the wall, "March 2010? Why is this calendar too late?" He wondered.

"Late? Kim Sunggyu, what do you expect to be in that calendar? 2014? It is just March 2010." She stated and soon laughed at his question.

The young man was frozen on where he is standing. The last time he checked the calendar was on March 6, 2014. He heaved a deep sigh. He was also wondering why things seemed to be so peculiar, so he asked, "Then, what is the date today?"

"It is March 7, 2010 today. You have a habit to look on the calendar always, right? Oh~ Seems that you really changed." She answered.

"March 7, 2010?"  He wondered in his mind then shrugged the thought off. It may be strange since the time seemed to rewind, but being in the past was better. He would rather want to stay in that time than not being with her. Starting anew would not be a bad idea though. He could make up to his mistakes before. He swore that he would never repeat such regretful actions to her.

Taeyeon patted his shoulders. "Are you okay? You are spacing out again," she asked.

Sunggyu was snapped out of his thoughts. "I am fine," he said as he hugged her.

"Oh~"

His eyes were filled with full desperation then asked, "Promise me that you will never leave me. Okay?"

"Of course, I will not leave you. 'Til death do us part."  

A strong pang of fear swept over Sunggyu's chest when he heard what she have said. The last words from her statement struck his heart greatly. Death? Part? He could no longer live without her. Her absence made his life a deserted hell. His life would completely shatter when she leaves him once again. Without her, he felt nostalgic. Feeling nostalgic for something that could never go back. No one could put the broken pieces of him like the way she does. Taeyeon is not going to leave him just like in the past. No, things would not turn out as it was before. He would not let that happen EVER AGAIN.

Sunggyu suddenly released her from the hug. "No, not even death! You will not die," he insisted. His voice was firm and serious which made her felt weird.

"Chill! Why are you serious?"

He firmly said, "I really am serious. Do not say such things."

She raised her hands in defeat as she said, "Okay! Okay!"

"Uhm~ Will you just stay with me here?"

Taeyeon's eyes widened in surprise, "WHAT? You mean you want me to live with you? No!" She refused because she swore to herself that nothing could happen between the two of them. It was a promise she made even when she was still young. She wanted her innocence to be retained not unless Sunggyu would put a ring on her finger. For her, living with him was not an exception.

"I do not want you to leave my sight." He said.

She stuttered, "But~ But~ We cannot. We are~ still not~ you know~ married."

"Then, I guess we should get married as soon as possible."

"No way!"

"Don't you want to marry me?"

Taeyeon was taken aback with his questions. "No, it is not what I mean. Uhm~ Marriage is~ not~ a simple thing. People should not get married just because they wanted to. Emotions should not the only thing to be considered, but also the  mind-sets of the couple," she explained.

She also wanted to marry Sunggyu, but not this early. Marrying him never clinched into her mind. Something was still lacking to the both of  them, but she could just not figure what it was. She had always thought that the two of them may last long, but not forever. With Sunggyu's sudden change, she might probably change her mind. The change of him which she had waited for a couple of times seemed to be happening now. Forever and eternity were the words which could probably enter their lives now. 

Taeyeon thought dreamily, "I hope that he would stay like this for a long time. Ah~ No! I want it forever."

"I know that. I am mentally and emotionally prepared for that."

She held his hand then pressed it lightly. "Gyuzizi, I do not think it is a good idea for now," she said.

The young man could feel that she did not really want for that moment to marry him. He just took a deep breath and thought that things would do good even without him rushing them. He defeatingly said, "Okay, if you say so."

"Oh~ That's my Gyuzizi hamster prince."  

"Since you refused my offer, then would you just stay here for a night?"

"A~ night?"

 "HAHAHAHAHA! Are you scared of me?"

"Ani~ Ani~ Why would I be scared of you?"

"Look at your face. It is as red as tomato."

Taeyeon touched her cheeks. "Ani~," she denied once again.

"Are you scared that I would be a~monster again?" Sunggyu asked teasingly which gave chills to Taeyeon.

"Stop it Sunggyu! Stop!"

 "Unfortunately, I cannot be a monster since my yeobo does not want it. But, if you would~"

"Aigoo~ Stop that!"

 "Hahaha! I would stop now. But, please stay here. Do not worry about it. I would not do anything bad to  you," he clearly emphasized the word anything.

Taeyeon tapped her chin, "Are you sure?" She clarrified.

"Yes, Ma'am!"

"Okay~"

"Cheongmalyo? You would?"

"Oh~ Seems that you do not want to. Should I take it back now?"

"Anio~Anio! You know that I want to be with you."

"Aigoo~ I am afraid that you will turn strange again."

"I would not be."

"Okay."

 

 

[~]

Sunggyu was doing some office works when his phone rang. He was annoyed by the sudden call he received. He was on the middle of his work. Who on earth would give him a call? It would made him burst in anger if the call was not something important.

He held the phone using his left hand. "Yobosaeyo? Kim Sunggyu speaking," he answered.

"This is Taengoo. Sunggyu~ Are you free for lunch?" The woman on the other line said.

He rolled his eyes in annoyance. Taeyeon was really childish to call him during his work, "Now, what does this woman wants?" He thought.

She sighed then said in disappointment, "Sunggyu-ah, are you still with me? Uhm~ Does your silence mean that you cannot?"  Taeyeon paused, then continued afterwards, "Oh~ I understand."

He took a deep breath as he closed his eyes, "Ah~Uh~ Sorry, but would you mind to call me again later? I need to do something right now."

"Oh~ Arasseoyo."

"Okay. I will call you later bye!"

Taeyeon gently spoke before she heaved a deep sigh, "Wait~ Sa~rang~hae."

Sunggyu continued his work as he rolled his eyes, and immediately hang up his phone. "Taeyeon surely loved to waste a single minute of time. Aigoo~" He scoffed.

[~]

 

 

His girlfriend looked at him as if he was different. Who would not feel strange with his sudden peculiar change? "So, tell me what changed you? I wonder why the Kim Sunggyu who would usually hang up in my calls and nag at me because of my  unfeminine behavior became a nice guy," she questioned.

He responded as he gently carressed her face, "Uh~ You are wondering what made me like this? I could hardly breathe without you. My heart and mind are on pain whenever you are not in my sight. I guess I am hopelessly romantic since~" Sunggyu suddenly paused for a while. Telling her the reason why he became different would just confuse her again. He knew that if he would tell him that he lost her before would just make her think again that he was acting strange.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she waited for his answer, "Since?"

He feigned a cough and made a believable excuse as possible, "Ah~ Uh~ Since the time~ I realized that I am ~ a stupid, useless and bad boyfriend of yours. It is not late to change, right?"

Taeyeon felt a bit weird when he sounded too uncomfortable with his response to her. It was like she was not satisfied with his answer. Something was really different about him. He was not the guy she used to know. She became curious. She wanted to dig out his reasons. All she needed to do was to know it.She brushed the thoughts off, then lightly answered, "Ah~ Arasseo,"

He let out a yawn before speaking. "I feel so sleepy now."

"It is still early."

"I know. But, I guess I would want to sleep with you."

The woman's eyes widened because of what he had said. "What? Are you insane? You just promised me a while ago!" She burst out as she slapped his arm.

"Beautiful lady, sleeping beside you does not mean that thing. Aigoo! You surely have a pretty malicious mind."

Still having a great disagreement to his request, "But, still~ No!" she protested.

"Arasseoyo! Arasseoyo! Ms. Kim,"

The couple did not notice the fast flow of time. They did not even realized that it was already evening, not until Taeyeon looked at the clock which was hung at the wall.

"What do you want to eat for dinner?"

Sunggyu put his arm around her shoulders, "Uhm~ My turn, Yeobo. I will do the cooking,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am. I guess it will be better if you will stay upstairs. I will just call you later when the food is already prepared. Arasseo?"

 "No, I want to cook." She insisted.

"Then, let us cook it together."

 "Okay. Not a bad idea though."

The two of them went to the kitchen with their hands clutched together. 

The young man handed his girlfriend an apron, "Here."

"Thanks, Sunggyu."

Sunggyu wore his own. He noticed that Taeyeon was having a hard time tying hers. He smiled as he watched his girlfriend. It was a long time since he saw that beautiful face of hers. He was too fool not to realize her worth before.

He went towards her and tied her apron, "Aigoo~ Let me do it for you."

Taeyeon pouted, "Eung~ Thanks," she said.

"Aigoo~ Stop making aegyo in front of me."

With a deep disappointment on her tone, she immediately apologized before pursing her lips, "Sorry~" She knew that Sunggyu hated her aegyo even before. 

It did not took him long to notice her gloomy reaction. He then continued his statement, "Because you are making me fall you more. If you continue being like that I might not be able to hold up myself. You do not want me to be a monster, right?"

Surprise with his words, she smiled and wondered, "You do not hate it?"

He faced her to him before sweetly to her ear, "Yes, course. I actually like it."

"Cheongmalyo?"

The young lad tucked some of her hair strands behind her ear."But, you have to limit your aegyo. If you would not, then my gates could probably break. Just like I did a while ago. I am going to lose control," he warned.

"Gates? What do you mean? Like~ a while ago?"

He laughed at her innocent reaction,"Taeyeon is really clueless with such things. No wonder that I love her."

Playing at her response, he continued, "Hahahahaha! You do not remember it? Oh~ Seems that I need to let you remember it again."

She paused for a while to gather her thoughts. She was left beffudled. She was too naive to understand what he meant. Sunggyu was not the type of person who speaks like that to her. He would usually be straightforward and honest with regards to his opinions and whereabouts. It was really new for her to see him like that.

 After a few minutes of processing the thoughts in her head, she suddenly recalled an incident a while ago, "A while ago? Oh~ WHAT? Yah!" She thought.

She was suddenly upset realizing what he was saying, "AHHHHH!!! YAH! You byuntae! Would you please stop now?"

"Arasseoyo! Arraseoyo! Stop thinking too much! Hahahahahaha! Let us just cook."

 

 

[~]

The man crossed his arms, "Yah! Kim Taeyeon! How many times do I have to tell you to stop acting like guy? You are a girl, okay? Which part of my statement can't you understand?" He scolded.

Tears start to brim on the side of her eyes, but she tried to hold it back, "I am sorry. I know that it is all my fault. Don't worry about it, Oppa. I will not do it again next time. I promise," she apologized as she clung on his arm.

Sunggyu mocked, "Will you please stop calling me 'oppa'? Heol! Let go of me too!" He jerked her arm away from him.

"Arasseoyo, arasseoyo. I won't. Please just do not be angry at me."

"It was you who does things which annoys me. Stop pleading like you were hurt. It really really annoys me to death. If you do not want me to get angry of you, then watch your actions."

The young woman put her head down, "Sorry.." she mumbled weakly.

He said before walking back, "You are wasting my time. Hay! I will go ahead now!"

"Wa~Wait!"

Instead of following him, it ended on her taking a deep breath. "Kim Sunggyu, when will you learn to treat me right?" She sadly thought in her mind.

[~] 

 

 

After an hour, the two of them were able to cook many dishes.

"So, how is it?" Sunggyu got a spoon of the kimchi stew's soup and let her taste it.

Her face curved on a smile as she answered, "Massisuh! It's daebak."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It really is."

"Oh~ Just go to the dining table and I'll prepare the foods for you."

"How many times should I tell you that I want to cook too?"

"Ahhh~ Aigoo~ Aigoo! My Taengoo is angry now."

The young woman grumb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter