Chapter I: 5 minutes

Aftertime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Five Minutes

Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc.Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc.Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc.

I could hear the clock striking for its every move is deafening my ear. I gently opened my swollen eyes as I fought with the continuous throbbing of my head and grumbling of my stomach. I must have been feeling tipsy because of the inebriant I gobbled last night. Now, what am I going to do? Being awake did not mean that I am alive. Tears?  I had cried a stream of tears, but nothing happened. Pain? I was having a pain in every inch of my body and nothing came. Regrets?  My heart was already blamed for the umpteenth time, yet nothing changed. I laughed at myself. Nothing happened. Nothing came. Nothing changed. Why am I being so pathetic right now? It was my fault, I know. I am sorry. I really am sorry. If I could just make things different by this apology, I would. Stop fooling yourself and everyone. Waiting for something which is impossible is just a mere wishful thinking.

I rose up from the bed and tossed the alarm clock which was on top of the dresser a while ago, "! Would you please shut up?" I cursed under my breath. This clock surely knew how to annoy me to death.

I went downstairs and grabbed a glass of water to somehow ease the burning sensation in my body. I hate it whenever I have hangovers. My head seemed to be hammered and stepped on by an army of soldiers. Damn! I have been drinking for ages, why was my body too weak to absorb liquor?

 I was in the middle of grasping some air when my phone rang. I did not want to answer it at first, but do I actually had a choice?

"Yobosaeyo? K~" I was cut off by a voice.

"Sunggyu-shi, are you going to do something tomorrow?" She asked.

Since I was still on a groggy state, I was not in mood to know whoever the caller on the other line was.

I asked hastily, "Excuse me, but can I know who this is?" I swore that I heard a voice of a woman, but who the heck was she?

"You are asking who I am? Jinjja? Seems that you forgot about our anniversary. Hay~" The woman on other line mumbled.

I was surprised by her sudden statement, "Anniversary? What are you talking about?"

The word anniversary never existed in my vocabulary ever since my world shattered. Yes, it was shattered. So, what the hell was this person talking about?

"YAH! Kim Sunggyu! Do you actually want to die?" She burst in anger.

I hissed, "Bwo! Who are you? What the heck are you saying in this early morning? Me die? Actually, I am already dead."

 Her loud voice ascended as she started to panic, "Dead? Sunggyu-shi! Are you alright? Do you want me to come over your house?"

"Huh?" I said. I can hear her hanging up the phone. I wonder who that woman was. Why would she tell me about anniversary thingy? Besides, no one ever yelled at me like that, except for someone. That someone who I could never be with ever again. I ended up reclining myself on the couch as I closed my eyes. Everything in me was so painful. Physically and emotionally. Frustrations were everywhere too. Darn that caller! Why the heck did she bring up such things? Who on earth is she?

After that annoying call, I heard the doorbell ringing. Hell! Who was it now? Another one who would like to disturb me from my rest. Yes, another ing disturbance. I decided to ignore whoever that person was. My head actually hurt badly, so I did not have strength to drag my feet to the doorstep.

A minute had passed, the repetitive rings stopped. "Finally!" I heaved a sigh. "Perhaps, that person has gone tired after pushing the doorbell for nth tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter