Breakaway Part 1

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

It was true the principal did have a fit. Well not exactly for the reason Kyungsoo expected.

Kyungsoo watched with a dull expression as Zitao blew a fuse over his lost panda. Honestly, he was amused. But he didn’t want to get in trouble for laughing when the man was throwing a fit about his run away panda. No, more like Zitao was a very scary half zombie half vampire hybrid that could beat the living out of him.

Kyungsoo shivered unconsciously. Hybrids like Zitao were dangerous. He would know since his parents were the same and so was he.

Kyungsoo came from a long line of Do royals which were part of the seven standing royal houses which ruled over the world of the supernatural. The world of the supernatural being divided into seven unions, the Do family ruled over the fifth one.

His ancestry was among the six most revered. Descended from the wolf Gods their generations were among the most respected and powerful. But with their great powers came a little drawback. Each generation, the one male who will inherit the title of King will be born with sealed powers. And as they reach the age of eighteen, their powers will slowly surface.

His mother being a human deity who was half wolf, Kyungsoo was born with a human encasement.

To say that Kyungsoo’s childhood was a happy one would be quite a lie. He had been put in danger more than he could count. The last time he had been put on the edge of death and that was it. His parents decided to raised him away from the public eye and let him attend the academy as human.

 

Kyungsoo snapped out of his thoughts as Zitao circled the mahogany table and bent down a little to look him in the eye.

“You know. You’re gorgeous. Shedding that human cover did you good.” The tall man with dark circles commented.

“Um… Thank you, Principal Zitao.” Kyungsoo was beyond uncomfortable as the man leaned closer.

“I thought the Do’s were pulling my leg when they admitted you. You know with the whole secret about sealed powers and all that mumbo jumbo.” Zitao said seriously. “Well I’m glad to welcome you officially to Elysium Academy, Prince Kyungsoo.” The male smiled and bowed.

 

Kyungsoo watched the zombie-vampire hybrid with glazed eyes. His mind had left the present a while ago when Zitao started talking about school rules, about how it was a no-no to destroy school property and how it was dangerous to just kick down a door with his type of strength and on and on.

Boy, for a two hundred and six year old man stuck in a twenty year old body, did Zitao or Tao as he liked being addressed as, like chattering. Wow, he’s just endless. Kyungsoo thought.

 

A knock on the door stopped the man from going on. Kyungsoo was more than happy at the intrusion and even more thankful towards the person who was behind the door.

A tall man came in only seconds later. Greeted Tao and turned to Kyungsoo.

“My Prince, I’ve come to you back home.”

And just like that Kyungsoo was ushered out of the principal’s office with a long leave of absence.

 

Kyungsoo walked with his tall in silence. The man was radiating a threatening aura which had the students running in opposite directions. The walk was short and before they knew it they were nearing the back entrance where a row of three very suspicious looking vehicles were parked.

The tall man stopped and looked back and fort, then sideways. Kyungsoo watched with an amused smile.

“OH GOSH!! LOOK AT YOU! YOU’RE GLOWING! I’M SO PROUD OF YOU MY BABY!” The man literally squealed and hugged the boy off the ground twirling him.

Kyungsoo laughed. “Yah! Park Chanyeol, put me down.”

The tall man smiled and placed his prince down. “I’ve waited years for this very day.”

“We still have more than three months before my birthday, so, not that day yet.” Kyungsoo scolded the man playfully.

“Look at you. You were just a tiny baby in my arms not so long ago and now you’re all grown up. It’s true, they grow up so fast, except you’re still a little on the short side. Maybe, a glass of milk everyday would do the trick…?” Chanyeol said to which Kyungsoo punched him feeling offended.

“You’re only two years older. How could you have held me? You were a baby as well! And I’m not short!” Kyungsoo yelled. “…I’m not, am I?” He mumbled self consciously with a pout.

Chanyeol smiled lovingly at the small male. “I was teasing, Soo. And no, you’re perfect the way you are.” He ruffled the boy’s maroon locks. “Let us go now.”

Kyungsoo innocently blinked up at the tall giant. “You think so?”

“I know so.” The man replied.

Kyungsoo directed his heart shaped smile towards the giant and kicked him in the shins.

“Pss… I so got you.” Kyungsoo chimed happily and skipped away leaving the giant to howl in pain.

“Wai – wait! Kyung! I think it’s broken!”

 Chanyeol cried pitifully all the way back to the Do’s residence.

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed inaudibly observing the lush outline of the tall trees as they neared his home. He had honestly missed the place contrary to what he had thought when his parents had sent him to live somewhere else for his safety.

A month after almost losing his life, his parents had bought an apartment for him in the suburbans closer to the academy, but far from the city and his home. He liked the quite and uneventful life there, but would constantly feel homesick.

That’s where Park Chanyeol had factored in. He was loud, overprotective, loyal and his cousin. Yes, his cousin from a distant branch family. Their parents were close and so were they.

Chanyeol would shadow him on most days and Kyungsoo would set up traps to prank the elder. All in all, Chanyeol was the colour in his dull life. The Romeo to his Juliet, Chanyeol would say and Kyungsoo would punch him smack in the face yelling about the couple’s tragic end.

The elder had to leave him after turning eighteen. But it didn’t stop them from meeting up. Well more like Chanyeol would run away from his duties and stalk Kyungsoo until the younger noticed him or his servants ratted him out.

Yeah, Chanyeol still held a grudge over Yixing, Kyungsoo’s caretaker, for ratting him out.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled softly at the fond memories. He smiled as he saw the outline of the chateau from over the tall trees.

Home at last.

 

 

One month went away in a flash.

Kyungsoo settled back in his true home slowly and painfully, the pain coming from the fact that his changes were still happening. One moment he would have zero strength and one moment he would end up crushing his mother’s delicate china causing the woman to simultaneously gush over Kyungsoo and cry over her broken priceless tea sets.

Kyungsoo would feel guilty and buy her new ones which she would be grateful for and then serve tea with them. After wards the same event would occur and Kyungsoo would fell guilty again. After the fourth incident Kyungsoo stopped having tea. And following his decision his staff stopped as well.

Kim Jongdae, another annoying distant family member, would laugh like a hyena at the incredulous face Kyungsoo would make whenever his staff would show their loyalty to their prince in what he thought was the most trivial of matters.

“Phuhahahahah! Oh God! Hahahaha!” Kyungsoo stared at the male like he had grown two heads.

“What?! It’s ridiculous! They banned it even in the staff quarters!” The younger defended.

“My Prince, it’s only natural.” Yixing interjected.

“Don’t you start as well, Lay hyung.” Kyungsoo said dejectedly.

The caretaker nervously looked at Jongdae. Kyungsoo arched an eyebrow at the male’s discomfort.

“It’s only Jongdae. No need to be cautious, hyung.” Kyungsoo made sure to assure the male that they can be as casual in front of Jongdae as they were when it was only the two of them.

Kyungsoo regrets that now since the two just won’t stop talking about Kyungsoo’s – epic – embarrassing – moments every time the get together.

 

One more thing he regrets is that he literally broke Chanyeol’s leg. Dr Park, Chanyeol’s father and the Do’s family doctor, would visit frequently to check up on Kyungsoo’s condition and Chanyeol would tag along with a cast over his left leg.

The tall giant would wriggle on his crutches and give Kyungsoo the look that said you – broke – my – leg – don’t – you – feel – sorry? Kyungoo will have no choice but to scurry over to the giant and give his shoulder for support. 

The taller will drape his arms over the smaller and lean in breaking Kyungsoo’s comfort zone. He would relentlessly talk about the time he held baby Kyungsoo with his loud obnoxious voice and Kyungsoo would curse the giant mentally.

All hell broke loose when Kyungsoo found out that the giant’s leg had healed already. Well, on the third day after Kyungsoo broke it. Kyungsoo felt beyond irritated at the giant for fooling him for weeks and took revenge, a revenge that went along the lines of him writing a confession letter in the giant’s stead to none other than Chanyeol’s ultimate enemy, Zhang Yixing.

Yixing responded with disgusted gazes thrown towards Chanyeol followed by a shower of raw eggs that he decorated the giant with. Yes, Kyungsoo was satisfied, but he knew Chanyeol will be coming for his blood as soon as the misunderstanding was cleared.

He did. Though, not it the way Kyungsoo imagined.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo stared at the large photo frame hanging inside his bed room, the exact same spot where his favourite landscape painting was previously. He stared with a gaping mouth at the picture, disbelief written on his face.

A chubby baby with big ears was staring back at him. He assumed it was probably Chanyeol, like who wouldn’t assume with the big monkey ears and creepy grin.

Chanyeol was a very chubby baby, the picture was proof. It was also proof of what Chanyeol had been talking up a storm about. A little fact, that he held baby Kyungsoo in his arms.

A baby version of himself was sitting in between Chanyeol’s thighs. The three year olds plump arms wrapped around him in a back hug, his stubby fingers circled around Kyungsoo’s small baby fingers.

The babies were smiling in the picture, Chanyeol with his head tilting slightly to the side, his chin touching the smaller one’s ear.

The wide grin and crescent shaped eye smiles pulled something inside Kyungsoo.

That night, when Kyungsoo got his hands on Chanyeol, he made sure to beat the crap out of the older and afterwards smother him with hugs.

 

Kyungsoo kept the picture exactly where he found it and he will never loudly admit that it had become one of his favourites.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Said I'm a lazy couch potato, didn't I? 

I actually didn't notice I hid the chapter... So, yeah...

Family times! Kris will come out soon. coughnextchaptercough

K, enjoy and leave comments~ Lifeline here, lifeline. 

Bye~