The Poor Pikachu

Book 3: FIRE

 


If only  junhyung' stuffed Pikachu, which Yoseob has been talking and whining  to for the  last 3 hours, can speak, it would have screamed back at him, or worse, electrocuted him just to shut him up.  Broken hearted as he is, because of his failed 'blind' date,  he still managed to  animatedly talk to the Pikachu , alternating between sobs,  screaming, and blaming Junhyung for what happened.

 

He can't believe how unlucky he is. The truth is, it was not really a "blind" date on his part for he pleaded Gi Kwang to ask Jang Mi to set him up with Hwan Jae. He already saw Hwan Jae before.

 

That was exactly a month ago. He was walking towards Gikwang in front of the university, when he caught sight of this girl walking towards his direction.  If he is to define pretty, she is definitely it. Her hair was in a high and kind of loose pony tail, with some strands blown by the wind and landing beautifully on her face. She also wears a side bangs, accenting her round eyes. She's smiling brightly as she talks with someone  on the phone. Yoseob can’t help but stare.  That's when Gi Kwang saw him in a kind of trance and walked towards him.

 

"Oh, Yosseob-ah!  Hey! Hey! What are you looking at?" Gikwang said.

 

"Can you slap me? I'm not dreaming am I? Am I?"

 

"Huh? What are you saying? Are you ok? "

 

"I think I saw her. She's the one.  Oh."

 

"Who?" a confused Gikwang asked while scanning the area.

 

Yoseob points at Hwan Jae who's now about 100 feet away.

 

That's when it dawned to him.  "Oh . Why didn't I ask for her name or her number? What do I do now?" panic evident on his face.

 

"Are you talking about that girl in a pony tail and blue dress?"

 

A disheartened Yoseob  nods like a dog who lost his master. He has found her but now what?

 

"That's Jang Mi's best friend, Hwan Jae, she was just here to gave Jang Mi the new key to their apartment since Jang Mi lost hers."

 

"Really?? You know her? For real?  For real?"

 

"Aren't you a little too insisting? Yeah I know her."

 

"Hey Gikwang, you know I don't really ask for a lot of favors from you that much right?"

 

"5 times a week is not much in your dictionary?"

 

"Well can I ask you one more time? Can you set me up a date with her? Please? Will you? Please?"

 

"I don't know"  Gikwang hesitantly said. 

 

 And pleaded hard he did until Gikwang said that he'll l try talking to Jang Mi.

 

And for 2 weeks he pestered Gi Kwang until he finally asked Jang Mi, to which Jang Mi happily agreed to. But getting Hwan Jae to agree to the date was another thing.  But when she finally did, Yoseob made sure everything was ready before the date. He even bought new clothes. But Junhyung has to ruin everything. 

 

And now all he can do is pour all his frustrations in a poor Pikachu. 

 

"It's all you owner's fault!" He screamed on the pikachu's face and threw it on the door. But instead of the door it, caught Junhyung's face who was just entering the apartment. 

 

"Ya! What the heck??" A furious Junhyung started running to catch Yoseob who's now sprinting to his bedroom. Luckily, he was able to lock his bedroom before Junhyung caught him. 

 

"Ahh! What is this life?" he cried while squirming on the floor. He stayed like that for some time, lightly banging his head on the floor until his head hurt. And that's when an idea struck him.

 

He hurriedly opened his laptop. "Operation cyber stalking!". In no time he got where Hwan Jae is working part-time, and what days she is working.  He read her Facebook profile, what she likes, her interests, her favorite food and so on.  He also searched Twitter and read her conversations. As much as what he's doing creeps him, he does not know what else to do.

 

He was just about to close the page when he  saw this on her wall:

 

Bang Mir: Hey, are you free on the 2nd? I have 2 advanced screening tickets to Paranormal Activity 3. I hope you can come with me. Let me know. :)

 

Hwan Jae: Oh, Paranormal Activity. I like that. Sure, I'm good on the 2nd. Message me the time. See you.:)

 

"Going on a date huh? I don't like horror flicks but, I think I just know what to do" Yosoeb muttered as a playful smile curved on his lips.


So sorry for the VERY LATE update. I hope to update more often from now on.

By the way, Book 4 is now out -> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/100038/book-4-heaven-b2st-beast-gikwang-hyunseung-junhyung-yoseob

 

-XOXO

Queenj