chapter one

Life and Love According To K-Dramas

Life & Love According To K-Dramas :
                                                                        the beginning of the end



 

If they were to ever put the phrase "k-drama-obsessed" in the dictionary, the definition of said phrase would probably only need to be a single name:

Min Yoongi.

Min Yoongi put the term "obsessed" in a whole new light, finishing whole series in only one day, before quickly moving onto the next one, devouring them at astonishing rates; causing much worry among his family. 

His obsession would have been a tiny bit more bearable had the boy been a bit less emotional, but alas, he was one of those people who yelled frequently at the characters, and cried over every little thing that went wrong.

And if you have a ever watched a k-drama, you will know that something bad happens in every episode, no exceptions.

Ever.



 

"Don't you dare try and steal him away from Gongsil, I will murder you Tae Yi Ryung, so God help me, no, may God help you, you daughter-of-an-uneducated-swine!", a sobbing Yoongi yelled through the tissue pressed against his face, falling into his older cousin, Jeon Heejoo's, comforting embrace. 

Heejoo choked back her own emotional tears to quietly pat Yoongi's back in hopes that she might calm him down. Yoongi's tissue was soon tossed to the floor to join the already-tissue-covered floor.

"Noona, she won't won't steal Joongwon away from Gongsil, right?" He asked, gazing up at his cousin with innocent, watery eyes, sniffing back excess tears.

"Of course not, Yoongi-ah, of course not."

"Of course not."

-

"NO!"

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

“IT’S A GODDAMN GHOST, GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE!"

"NOOOONA, IT'S POSSESSING HER!"

"SOMEBODY HELP HER, MOVE YOU ES!"

"DON'T DO IT, JOONGWON OPPA!"

Exasperated, Jungkook pressed his earphones even further into his ears in an attempt to block out his sister and cousin's distraught cries. He had long since turned up the volume to the maximum, but he still couldn't completely drown out the various loud noises coming from the living room.

Don't get him wrong, he loved his hyung, but sometimes, he just wished that Yoongi would just go back to Daegu. Ever since he had come to Seoul a few weeks ago to continue his schooling here, the Jeon household had become even louder than it already was before he came, thanks to the "Drama Duo", Heejoo and Yoongi.

Normally, the sobbing wasn't that bad, but, apparently, their latest drama, "The Master's Sun", was very emotional, with sad stories, and dead people wanting to come back to life. Even Jungkook himself had some kind of clear liquid streaming from his eyes on the second episode, with the soccer player and his dead wife. But it wasn't because of the drama, no, he just had something in his eye, that was all. ("Yeah, they're called tears, Kookie", Heejoo scoffed)

The song changed, and Jungkook nearly cried at the lyrics.

I prayed for this moment with closed eyes
I will embrace you, my lover’s heart, slowly
Today is the only chance; I’ll take the first step
I promise you, I’ll be good to you

I want to embrace my lover's heart. I want a lover...

Why did he even have this song on his phone, anyways? He made it a rule to avoid sappy love songs like it was the plague, but then again, he also told himself that he would never have a crush on a girl. See how well that worked out for him. He was never going to listen to another EXO song again, these lyrics made him look pathetic; honestly, like he'd ever confess. Maybe if he was Byun Baekhyun, he could confess. 

Why are my eyes so blinded?
Why is my heart beating so crazily?
I’m running out of breath, but it’s so precious, don’t forget

Maybe. 

Hurriedly trying to salvage what was left of his self-confidence, he changed the song, only to groan aloud when he caught sight of the title. Maybe not the title exactly, more like the name of the album.

Touch Love
t (Yoon Mi Rae)
The Master's Sun OST, Part 4

This is probably Heejoo's doing, he thought to himself. 

Jungkook did love Yoon Mi Rae's songs, but even if it was sung by her, his favourite artist, he still wouldnt've listened to it. He had a thing against OST's, but Heejoo had a thing for OST's, and the girl downloaded them like her life depended on it. Which, in her eyes, it probably did.

Just as he was about to delete the song off his phone, the opening words of the chorus slapped him through the face.

It's okay, even if I can't touch you
It's okay, even if I can't hug you
Lonely love, yes, I love you

Jungkook whimpered. 

I feel you, Mi Rae. I feel you.

I want to reach out with my hands and hold you
But it feels like we'll get further apart, so I just linger around you

Here come the tears...

Even from far away
I can see you
It's okay, even if I can't touch you
It's okay, even if I can't hug you
Lonely love, yes, I love you

Yep, there it is.

-

"Uhm, hi. Uh, you probably don't know me, but yeah, I know you, you're Seo Jaekyung. Not to sound like a stalker or anything. Yeah that sounded weird, didn't it? Anyways, erm, my name is Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook."

Jungkook shyly dropped his gaze to the rose in his hands.

"I just wanted to tell you that, I, uh... I, AAARGH! I can't do this! How are there even any couples in the world if confessing is this hard?"

"What you doing, Kookie?" Yoongi popped his head around the door, only to see a frustrated and embarassed Jungkook standing in front of his mirror. "Are you pretending to confess to Jaekyung?"

Jungkook whipped his head to stare accusingly at the pale boy. "How do you know about Jaekyung?"

Yoongi shrugged. "Heejoo told me. So, you want to confess, I'm guessing? You need help?" The Daegu boy moved to lazily stretch himself on Jungkook's bed and waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Jungkook opened his mouth to refuse, only to close it again. Well, he needed all the help he could get, and besides, didn't Yoongi have, like, 4 sisters? He should know how to talk to girls, right?

What could possibly go wrong?

"What do you think I should do hyung...?"

That was only just the beginning of the end

-