Day One

Taiji (Yin and Yang)

A/N: Took me forever to update... Things came up. SORRY! 

--------------------------------------------------

  The girl began to pace back and forth, why isn't Kris waking up? Did I kill him? 

 

  EXO's manager walked into their dorm, a smile forming on the man's worn down face. He hadn't slept at all that night, worrying about Kris and his safety. That's how it was everyday, to worry about the boys' safety, mentally and physically. The boys were sprawled around the living room, they were not talking, they were just staring at each other, waiting for someone to answer their questions. They were busy trapped in their thoughts, that they didn't realize their manager had entered, until he clapped his hands to catch their attention. In sync, all their heads turned to look at him. It sometimes made him chuckle how naturally in sync they are, at the beginning it was a trouble for them to say, "We Are One" together, now it all just came naturally to them. 

  "I've decided that we must go on with the recording of your mini album..." the manager announced, waiting for their reaction. Sehun scrunched up his nose, not liking the idea as much and for once, not being able to put on a straight face. He looked around, hoping someone was in agreement with him. Tao hung his head down, not wanting to meet anyone's eyes. He wasn't crying, he just didn't want to go into recording without his leader. It didn't feel right to him. 

  "How? It's not going to be the same..." Luhan spoke, his voice cracking a bit. He wasn't too happy about it either, as a matter of fact... he wasn't happy about how someone even had the power and strength to kidnap Kris. It frightened him down to the core. Their manager's shoulders rised and then fell. 

  "I know, but we still have to get to it. Recording starts at ten... before that, we must go and contact the police," their manager announced in a calm voice. Sehun rised from his seat and went to shower, it didn't bother him that the rest watched him with such fascination, but before he could even start walking, Junmyeon's cellphone rung. Who could be calling Junmyeon this early in the morning? Junmyeon looked at the caller I.D. it was unknown. His hand trembled as he clicked the bright green button, answer. He pressed the phone to his ear.

  "Put me on speaker," the girlish voice spoke. He obliged, usually he'd hang up, but there was a sense of authority in the girl's voice that demanded she be listened to. Suho put the phone on speaker and put it down on the table. She could hear the movement of the boys, their heavy breathing. 

  "Good morning boys," she smiled, "As you may have guessed, if your mind is fast enough, I'm Kris' kidnapper. He's my favorite from EXO-M but I also love Sehun from EXO-K, too bad I couldn't get the maknae as well." Sehun fell on the couch, his heart raced. He wasn't sure if it was fear or anger towards the girl. Everyone eyes turned to lock on Sehun. She continued, "Well anyway, I want to play a game with you eleven, including Kris. Find us in twelve days, if you don't... well that'll be a big problem, because Kris and I will run away to another country. Also, don't call the police... It'll be a worse matter if you do. Good luck. Oh and Sehun if you're there, I love you." She hung up and Sehun stayed frozen. Sometimes people had the reaction of flight or fight, but there's also the reaction of freezing. State of shock. Sehun couldn't believe she would do such a thing, he didn't believe how lucky he was that it wasn't him that got kidnapped instead. But it also freaked him out a bit how she could also come for him. Tao looked at his close friend, the color drained from the milk skinned boy. Tao wanted to get up, he wanted to comfort Sehun, but he was glued to the couch. Instead Luhan got up to go comfort the kid. He was indeed the second oldest, but Minseok was lost wanting to disbelive it all. Something like this couldn't have happened, it was all just a horrible nightmare. It could have been, nightmares are the most vivid remorable dreams you could have. Luhan patted Sehun's shoulder and took him to the kitchen, to eat possibly. Kyungsoo and Jongin decided they should start getting showered, their stomachs were empty but didn't grumble for food. Jongdae followed close behind them. Sehun and Luhan sat at the table, a glass of milk in front of Sehun. 

  "Drink it," Luhan suggested, gently pushing the glass of milk closer to him. Sehun looked down at the milk, he wanted to break and cry, which was unusual for the boy. He was a strong maknae, he didn't cry as much as Tao did. Luhan stared at the youngest who was seemingly breaking. Finally, Sehun broke down into tears. He hid his face in his arms, but you could see him tremble. Luhan's first reaction was to get up and rub the boy's back. It wasn't until now that they all realized that they were worn down thin. 

 

  The boys were sitting on the red leather couch at the recording studio, waiting to record their songs for their mini album. Baekhyun and Chanyeol for once staying quiet. It bothered Chanyeol, he had said that no matter what happened he'd keep on smiling like an idiot, where is that Chanyeol? He thought to himself. Baekhyun on the other hand wanted to keep his mouth shut, knowing that sometimes he could be insensitive. The boys started talking about Kris and things they'd done with him, whatever it was that they had done with him. It came across to Jongin that they were talking about Kris as if he were dead, and it made him uncomfortable. 

  "Kris is still alive," Kyungsoo whispered to Jongin as if he had read his mind. Jongin looked up at Kyungsoo and locked eyes with him, right now if there were fangirls around, they'd be giggling because of what they call "fanservice" but really, that's how close the boys actually are. Yixing played with the bracelet a fan had given him, he questioned whether fans would really go to that extent, to get closer to their favorite idol. He didn't want to think anything bad about his fans, they would be nothing without them, but at this point he didn't even know what to think. It made him sad that he had to even question his fans. Sehun sat in between both Luhan and Tao, Minseok next to Luhan. What was EXO-M without a leader? 

 

  Kris finally woke up, his eyes fluttering open. He jumped up when he saw a girl watching him closely. It wasn't that he was afraid, only startled that he woke up staring at a girl. Actually, that he woke up tied to a chair while being stared at by a girl. 

  "Took you awhile, good to know that I didn't end up killing you," was all she said before she got up and walked out of the room. Good to know that I didn't end up killing you? What the hell? Kris thought as he watched her walk out. There were no windows in the room, there was a bed behind him, but that was it, along with a small television, as if he'd be in need of one in this situation. The girl walked back right in with a bowl of soup. Kris had a sudden urge to laugh out loud. She's really going to feed me? The girl stood right next to Kris holding the bowl. 

  "Open wide oppa," she sweetly said. Kris obliged, he was hungry, he couldn't just deny his body's needs. It was essential for him to eat, at least now that he can't eat anything he wants. She was pleased with Kris' unexpected obeying, maybe she could get him to do anything she wanted for him. She really hoped that'd be possible, as a matter of fact, she was deluding herself with the thought that Kris might actually love her. When in fact, Kris wanted to get out of here, he thought she was crazy and needed help. As hungry as Kris was, his stomach wasn't happy about the food. It felt to him that he chewed, swallowed, and then the food just landed at the bottom of his stomach, causing a heavy weight. 

  "I'm not hungry," Kris simply said, a blank expression on his face. She turned around and placed the plate on something out of Kris' view. He raised his eyebrows, surprised she even obliged. Most kidnappers wouldn't even care, it was about what they wanted. However, Kris; surprisment faded when her hand met his cheek. It stung him, he didn't even expect the kid to hit hard enough. His cheek was left bright red, still she didn't intimidate him, just made Kris angry how vulnerable he probably seemed to her at this very moment. 

  "Didn't your mother teach you manners?" the girl angirly said as she picked up the bowl again, and shoved spoonfuls of soup into Kris' mouth. He'd rather be on a strict diet now. Once he finished his soup, she left him in the bedroom for a while. He closed his eyes and imagined being back home in Canada with his mom, or peacefully playing basketball during the Summer because everyone knew how much it snowed during the Winter in Canada. Then he'd go back home, where his mother would be peacefully watching tv. His thoughts were interupted when he felt the girl walk back in. 

  "I should probably fill you in. You're here until you're members find you, I've given them 12 days, if they don't find you by then, you and I are leaving the country," she announced to Kris as if they were playing a game or going on a field trip. Kris didn't say anything, he knew s would find him. He had faith in them. They were indeed one. 

 

  Junmyeon sat, EXO-K was waiting for EXO-M to finish their recording. Their manager had just contacted Lee Soo-Man to tell him about the situation, to which he wasn't too happy about. It meant his top group had just been ruined. Junmyeon kept his mind busy, he watched every single detail in the room, from the nice treated leather on the couch they sat on, to the small dark spot on the wall that went unnoticed. Jongdae sat next to him, replaying the morning when they had gone to go contact the police, it amazed him how fast they acted on the situation when it was an Idol they were meant to look for, but when it was a normal person, it took them long for them to even get started on the search party. But he was still glad they went to contact the police. He could remember everything in detail. 

 

  The boys walked into the police station, it was their first stop for the start of the day, it surprised them how they even fit in the small place. Tao looked around, seeing as how wrong it felt to go arond places without Kris. They weren't EXO with one member missing. The police eyed the boys, everyone knew who they were, their daughters were crazed over them and they're always on television. Their manager took the job to explain to them while they listened. He said Kris had been kidnapped, they have a recording of the girl who called Suho's phone number, and that they couldn't allow the media to know that the police were involved, or she threatned that "matters would be worse." The police agreed to keep it personal and out of the reach of the media. They also took Junmyeon's phone to begin tracking where the phone call had come from, the girl couldn't have gone too far. Then they left, leaving it at the hands of the police, but Sehun wasn't too happy about just letting it go like that, he was going to search for Kris, they wouldn't be able to go on with their schedule because Kris was gone, and during those days he'd search for Kris. He was determined on it. That was all it took, the police began on the search party and started tracking where the phone call came. That was the easy part, the only easy part. It is not easy to find someone who is kidnapped, most definately not. 

 

  EXO-M was done with their recording, all they needed was Kris' parts and they'd be done with the whole preperation for the mini album. This time they had done the MV without the music, Lee Soo-Man wanted to see how that worked out for them. As expected, it worked out fine. They were easily in sync when they danced. But promotions weren't going to start until Kris was found. If promotions did begin, both Tao and Sehun agreed that they would protest on it, and not agree on the idea of promoting without Kris. EXO headed home, their Manager agreeing to reschedule anything they had agreed on for another time, he had to say sorry various times and explain the situation to companies. They noticed that their manager was also being worn down by this, he did indeed cared for the boys, they were like his children and he wanted to protect them. Protect all of them, but he felt weak at the moment, he felt as though he failed Kris, that he failed EXO. As they reached their dorms, they saw a few fans, only those who'd stick around day and night. What happened to Kris, made EXO see them differently, they thought they were just fans with crazy obsessions, but now they were scary. Sehun stuck to Tao like glue and ran into the dorm, the words of the girl replaying in his head, too bad I couldn't get the maknae as well... Oh and Sehun if you're there, I love you. Sehun convulsed into shivers. Luhan was putting on a straight face as he walked with Minseok, who was still in disbelieve that this could be happening, it had to be nightmare. Luhan grabbed Minseok's arm and pulled him into the dorm. The fans questioned Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol who were awfully quiet. After them was Kyungsoo and Jongin, Kyungsoo was being the rock for Jongin who was beginning to be frightned by the fans, he didn't want to be near them. He'd been hurt but to imagine being kidnapped, that was another level from being hurt physically. Last to enter the dorm were Suho and Lay who both looked lost in thought. One however was keeping his mind busy, trying not to think of the worst case scenario for Kris, and the other was trying to convince himself that a fan wouldn't do that to them. It's funny how the mind works, making others cope differently. The fans noticed that they had missed Kris, had Kris not gone out of the dorm? They didn't know but where was Kris? It was a question that haunted EXO at the moment. Where is Kris?