Day Zero

Taiji (Yin and Yang)

The girl had been watching them closely for two years. She planned it for two years, revised it over and over, until finally there were no holes in her plan. A mastermind plan, she was indeed the genius in her school. But nobody ever imagined her crazy enough to kidnap an idol. A loved idol from a very popular group, nationally and internationally. Today was the day she was going to act on her plan, she knew their habits, what time they went out of the dorms and when they went back. A well orchestrated plan for a mastermind. She her lips, beads of sweat beamed on her pale forehead. It was finally time for her to fulfill her dream, it was in fact what her idols told her everyday, “Follow your dreams and don’t give up.” Therefore, she was doing as told, like a good girl. Today was the day, when she and her ultimate bias in EXO would become close. She convinced herself it was love at first sight, but in reality it was infatuation turned into obsession, and obsession is most definitely not love. But what do people know between the difference of those two, they both feel the same.

 

The fans loved EXO, and EXO loved their fans. Without fans you’re nothing, that’s the world of entertainment. The twelve boys were heading back to their dorm. There were two vans, so they separated in two groups however they pleased. A few fans crowded around the vans, making it almost impossible for any other cars to get out of the parking lot. Fingers were intertwined with Sehun’s and he jumped in surprised. The girl smugly giggled at the surprised maknae. Kris, who was going on the same van as him, took a hold of Sehun’s arm and gently pushed him into the van. He smiled at the girl before he himself got in. This was the everyday life for them, being followed by a crowd of fangirls. As much as they loved their fans, sometimes they wished they could get a break from the chaos. But within something good, always has it’s bad parts. Kris gave a worried look at the youngest, who had a blank face on. That boy has a way of controlling his emotions, Kris thought to himself. He could easily say that about himself. He’s a very well controlled man, especially in emotions. We could suppose he’s bottling up pain from the past, but he doesn’t dwell too much in it. He knows better than to do that. Tao had sat in between him and Sehun, if Sehun didn’t pay attention to him, he’d bother Kris.

    “Kris gege,” Tao called, poking Kris’ rib, who in returned flinched from the sharp jab.

    “Yah! Don’t poke hard. What do you need?” Kris scolded, but the kid didn’t back down.

    “Do you think this selca of me looks good? No? Aish… I thought so,” Tao went from talking in Korean to changing into Chinese, finding it a bit difficult to find the appropriate words and pronunciation in Korean. That’s why it surprised some members how well Sehun and him got along, there was clearly still a language barrier between them, but they somehow managed to become incredibly close. Kris rolled his eyes at the younger and instead put his earphones in to listen to music. He pressed his forehead against the cool window. Without even realizing it, his mind processed the face of a girl who he’s seen many times throughout the two years from when EXO made their debut. Before Kris could take a closer look, his eyelids fall, and quickly he’s in a deep sleep.

 

The girl waited out in the cold, hiding in the shadows, waiting to pounce on her prey, her victim. He walked out of the dorm from the back door, like he usually would, as she expected. She tightened the rag in her hand. When she let out sighs, you could see her breath form from the cold. Adrenaline pumping through her bloodstream, her heart raced, pupils were dilated, and her breathing came in short and quick. Finally, she decided to pounce, he was tall but she planned it out well. Quickly she jumped on his back and before he could shake her off, she pressed the rag to his nose causing him to instantly pass out. She was careful to only put a small amount of chloroform on the rag, she wanted him alive. Her only problem was getting him to the van she parked near by. Short skinny pale fingers wrapped themselves around his ankles. Before she began to drag him, she looked around her surroundings, carefully making sure no one was here. To her luck, during that time and place, no one was there. She began to drag the tall member across the concrete sidewalk. It was a slow process, but she finally reached her van. She threw open the doors, and somehow but slowly and in a struggle, managed to get him in the car. Before anything, incase he woke up during the drive, she handcuffed his hands.

    “I’m sorry for taking your handcuffs, dad,” she puffed, as the doors of the van were shut.

 

Tao walked around, remembering that Kris had his bracelet. He swore that was the last time he would allow Kris to wear anything his. They were most certainly close, but Kris had a fatherly figure amongst the youngest in the group.

    “Anybody seen Kris hyung?” Jongdae asked.

    “You’re looking for him too?” Tao inquired him. Junmyeon got up from the couch and walked over to the two younger boys.

    “He went outside… now that I think about, he’s taken a while out there… almost twenty minutes…” Junmyeon trailed off, trying to swat away the bad thoughts circling in his mind at the moment. There were many scandals around the internet, about anti-fans almost killing idols. That was the worst that could happen to Kris, and Junmyeon somehow managed to stay calm. He didn’t want to jump to conclusions, he knew sometimes Kris would forget to tell them where he was or had gone. It was as though his mind was reminding him that he was the leader, and the leader had to stay calm in order for the rest to follow. Junmyeon took out his phone and called Kris, hoping to dear God that he would answer.

    “Answer me Yifan,” Junmyeon muttered like a protective mother would. Kris was somehow his other half, the appa of EXO, while Junmyeon was their umma. Both Minseok and Luhan walked out with Kris’ phone in hand.

    “Somebody called?” Luhan joked.

    “That idiot left his phone here,” Junmyeon calmly muttered, anger laced in his voice, “Pabo. Pabo. Pabo.” He began to pace back and forth, back and forth.

    “What’s going on?” Minseok asked, seeing that their leader was worried, and he was still the oldest in the group, allowing him to also worry for the leader who was younger.

    “Yifan hasn’t comeback,” Junmyeon worried. Minseok was surprised at Junmyeon using Kris’ real name, everyone thought that Kris fit him best and Kris was fine with it. But tonight, Junmyeon was using his real name, and that was something to worry about. Finally, Junmyeon called their manager.

    “Pick up, pick up,” he repeated over and over. Finally, his manager answer and before he could say hello, Junmyeon rushed his words in, “Krishasbeengoneforthelongestwhile! Ithinkhe’smissingmanagerhyung!” Minseok’s mouth fell open, he was surprised that Junmyeon would jump to such a conclusion.

    “Calm down Junmyeon. Now repeat it again, slowly,” his manager demanded. Junmyeon took a deep breath and once again began, slowly. His manager reacted quickly, telling them to stay where they are, and for Junmyeon to gather everyone in their living room, to lock the doors, and to most definately not call the police. Somehow twelve boys fit into the small room everyday. One body missing today. Everyone sat there, waiting for their manager, while Junmyeon decided to fill in the rest on what is happening.

    “Kris is missing,” he announced. Everyone stayed quiet for a moment, until finally someone chimed in.

    “He probably went out somewhere and again forgot to inform us,” Tao suggested.

    “When in the world does Yifan forget to take his phone when he goes out? His phone is still here, he obviously wasn’t going to be out long, maybe a few minutes,” Junmyeon still somehow managed to stay calm. The mood in the room went from doubt to a heavy depression lurking in the room, ready to take down its first victim. The worse was already being shared throughout the room.

    “Do you think a fan might’ve killed him?” Kai voiced what everyone in the room was thinking. He was a boy who passionately spent his time dancing and thinking.

    “No! No!” the manager yelled as he closed the door behind him. No one had taken notice of him even opening the door. Sehun got up and went to his bedroom. A few of the boys questioned his actions, how could he go to his bedroom at a time like this? But soon those thoughts and anger was silenced, as he walked back out with a jacket.

    “I’m going to go look for him,” he simply announced, the usual blank face he had was on, not showing any indication of what he was actually feeling. Their manager stepped in front of him, blocking Sehun from reaching the door.

    “It’s too dangerous, we have to sit and wait Sehun… take a seat,” his manager demanded with an authoritative voice. There was not a suggestive tone to it. Finally, Sehun broke. Not in the form of tears, but in anger.

    “No! I can’t sit still! Not when I’m relaxing and not now! While we sit and wait, we’re losing time on finding Kris hyung!” the maknae fiercely yelled. Sometimes the oldest felt as though they were the youngest, Sehun always somehow managed to be more mature than them. It made Luhan slouch in his seat, feeling as though he should’ve been the one to initiate looking for Kris and then having an anger outburst. Even the most emotional, Tao had no tears falling. It suddenly made Luhan feel small, like he too also had to stay strong. Minseok however was in disbelief, it wasn’t something he imagined possible. Sehun’s breathing came in labored, but finally he calmed down, and took a seat next to Kyungsoo who took the younger boy’s hand and played with it. Sehun’s breathing calmed down, Kyungsoo always had a calming effect on them all. Kyungsoo was always serious, and he promised to himself privately that he will become their rock until they find Kris.

   “We have to wait at the minimum 24 hours before we can report it,” the manager informed.

   “What’s the maximum?” asked Jongin. The rest hadn’t thought about the maximum, if the minimum was already a whole day, the maximum could only be worse.

    “48 hours,” the manager simply replied. The mood in the room began to fall deeper and deeper into a dark hole.

    “Get to sleep,” the manager finally demanded. They all headed to their rooms. Luhan and Minseok suddenly dreading to go in there, knowing there’d be an empty bed, an untouched dresser, and a missing body. Luhan grabbed onto both Sehun’s and Minseok’s arms. They both turned around to look at him. The boy looked overwhelmed and tired, even scared. He looked smaller than he usually did, a frail body that they both wanted to protect.

    “I don’t want to go in there… There’ll be a heavy feeling of absence, of Kris telling us to go to sleep,” Luhan barely whispered.

    “Let’s sleep in the living room then,” Sehun suggested. Both the older boys nodded, and spent their night in the living room talking. Not catching much of sleep. Eventually the other boys joined in, and still no one was able to sleep. They all talked, not about bad things, but of things they had done with Kris. Memories being shared, until finally it came to Jongin that it was as if they were talking about a dead beloved one.

    “Do you think Kris hyung is okay?” Sehun asked, as though he read his mind. Jongdae opened his mouth but couldn’t form a response.

    “I’m sure he’s fine Sehun… don’t worry. Things’ll be okay,” Kyungsoo was first to speak. There was a calming tone to his voice, and looking at the situation they were in at the moment, they still believed in those words. “Things’ll be okay.”

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

A/N: Sorry if long, got a little carried away....