Chapter 1

Dear Diary..

 

Lee Nana/ Your’s

“Lee Nana! Let’s go!” Yumi, your bestfriend tugged on your arm as you entered the science lab.

--

 

“Since it’s a new semester, I’m going to group you into pairs. Okay?” Mrs. Bang said.

“Ne.” The pupils said in unison.

 

As she was assigning partners, I was crossing my fingers to be paired up with my best friend. She was my desk partner ever since forever!

 

“Lee Nana?”

“Ne?”

“Table 5 with Kim Myungsoo.”

“Ne.”

I faked cried, looking at Yumi. I’m sure going to miss our uncontrollable laughter during failed experiments.

I sat down and saw a face I’ve never seen before. Kim Myungsoo. He was a hot damn. His intense gaze pierced through the glass window, his perfect built elbow was on top of the desk. I like this guy, yes. I’m gonna be friends with him, yes. We’re going to be together, yes.

 

 “Lee Nana, you?” Introducing myself, I held out a hand, expecting him to shake it. He gave me one of his deathly glares and went back to the window.

 

“Okay Class, Are you okay now? Then I’ll start discussing.. We’ll start with Anaerobes. Obligate anaerobes are microorganisms that live and grow in the absence of molec--” bla bla bla..

 

“Oh, right.” I took my hand back. “Kim Myungsoo, right?” I whispered.

“L.” He answered right away. OH MY GOSH, HE TALKED TO ME. Wait, L. What kind of a name is L? Nevermind.

“Oh, L! I can tell we’ll be great friends, and please take care --”

 

“LEE NANA!” Mrs. Bang said, obviously annoyed that I wasn’t listening to her boring discussion.

My reflexes told me to stand up right after she shouted and that wasn’t probably the best solution.

 

“Yes?” I mumbled.

“What is meant when it is said that a bacteria is an obligate anaerobe?”

 

I heard L (yes, I decided to use the name L to call him.) silently laughing to himself. He would’ve thought I can’t answer that questions. Oh geez, piece of cake. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.

 

“Obligate anaerobes are those living beings that do not survive in the presence of oxygen. For example, the bacteria Clostridium tetani, agent of tetanus, is an obligate anaerobe.”

 

Everyone ears & heads was on me now. They must’ve been shocked that I knew that right answer. What can I do, I’m Lee Nana.

 

And just when I was about to sit down, L murmured “Nerd.” Loud enough for me to hear.

 

“N—nerd? I am not!” I quickly retorted.

 

I don’t have something against nerds, okay? But, calling someone a nerd is labeling. And labeling people are stereotyping and I don’t want people to do that to me.

 

“Oh, what was that you did, just right now? You answered something that wasn’t even discussed yet. That, girl, is called a nerd. Or unless you were possessed by Einstein’s brain but I don’t believe such things.”

“Just because someone eats a lot, you don’t call them fat. And just because I got the correct answer, that doesn’t mean I’m a nerd. I’m too far from being one. Maybe I’m just smart? But what can I say, compared to you, I’m a genius.”

“What did you just say?”

“Get yourself a cotton bud and clean your ears.”

 

Remember when I said I liked him? I take that all back. He looks handsome with his mouth close. I HATE HIM.