002

Targeted

As I walked to the bus stop I read the files cautiously.

"Park Sara: Age 19." How did they know my name and age?

"Recently moved from California to live with her dad, Park SooJun." This is getting creepy.

The whole time I was reading and walking and eventually I bumped into a girl. I look up and I see a mass of girls standing and screaming their heads off. I rolled my eyes, fangirls, I thought to myself. Maybe I should be taking notes but it fascinates me how committed these girls are. They take time to make posters the size of a swimming pool and stalk their idols using the internet and track their every move. That takes effort, man.

I sigh as I put the files into my bag and try to maneuver my way around everyone without popping an eardrum or losing a rib. Somehow I push through the crowd, but as I was about to exit the big crowd, I trip over someone's foot and my head hits someone else's.

"Ouch," the person says surpisingly quiet. He was wearing a light blue henely and navy shorts and he had sunglasses hanging from the front of his shirt. He looks at me and meets my eyes. "Sorry, I couldn't see where I was going," he says.

I open my mouth to apologize but he gets dragged away by another boy. This boy had reddish-brown hair and big eyes. He was wearing a white t-shirt, a light gray hoodie, and light blue jeans. He turned to me and smiled. Oh my god, it's the boy in the picture.

"Do you need something?" he asks.

"Sorry - for bumping into you," I say almost quietly. The boy nods, he has dark brown hair and his lips turn up slightly at the corners.

He opens his mouth to say something but is pulled away by the Boy From the Picture - Lowham, I think. But as they turn to leave, a girl from the crowd starts screaming, "LUHAN!" Oh his name is Luhan. The boy with the brown hair smiled apologetically and bowed slightly before quickening his pace and running towards a black van.

I sigh and try to sidestep the large crowd that started migrating towards the van. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I pull it out. It's a text from an unknown number: There is a gray car waiting to take you to SM Entertainment's building. How did this woman get my number?! I look up to see a gray car pull up and the window rolls down. "Are you Miss. Park?"

I nod and the drivers gets out of the car and opens the door for me.

- - -

As he pulls up to SM's building, he hands me a card that has my passport photo on it and my name printed in English and Korean. The back of the card says 'EMPLOYEE OF SM ENTERTAINMENT'. "Use this to get into the building, good luck," he says.

"Wait how did you get my picture?" I ask.

"You'll be surprised how easy it is," he says and hands me a small note and keys.

I get out of the car, a little creeped out, and walk into the building. I show the lady at the front desk my card and she smiles and bows. I put the card into my pocket and walk to the elevator. I pull out the piece of paper to read and was surprised to find a grocery list for 7 kg of carrots and 2 cartons of milk. Does this lady want me to buy her groceries? I turned the paper around to find the words '7th floor' writeen in a scraggly handwriting.

As I walk onto the elevator I hear "Wait, Miss!". I turn to see the lady from the front desk, she is running towards me with a big box and a clipboard. "Can you bring this to one of EXO's managers? Thanks."

The lady drops the box onto my arms and I cringe. How she managed to run with this is beyond me. She stacks the clipboard on top and pushes me onto the elevator.

As I get to the second floor I hear the voices a lot of boys.

"He doesn't have the keys."

"We're locked out again?"

"Where did the emergency key go?"

"Has anyone seen my donut?"

"Did you leave it in the car?"

"Why is that box walking towards us?"

I realize that the keys I got earlier would come in useful. I lower the box to reveal my face and said, "I have keys."

"Omo - the box speaks!" someone says.

"That's a person you doodoo face," someone else says.

"Do you need help with that?" a kind voice asks as he takes the box and clipboard from me. He smiles kindly at me and I relize he was the guy I bumped into before.

"Th-thanks," I say as I pull out the keys to unlock the door.

"WAIT GUYS, IT'S A CRAZED FAN AND SOMEHOW SHE HAS OBTAINED KEYS TO OUR PRACTICE ROOM! SOMEONE CALL SECURITY!" someone frantically runs down the hall and towards me. He grabs me by the shoulders and looks into my eyes. "WHO ARE YOU?!"

"Chanyeol, calm down, she's the girl they hired as a personal assistant because they know how incompetent the managers can be sometime," the boy who helped me with my boxes said.

"But, Chen, they wouldn't hire someone so young," someone says.

I open the door with a loud slam. I haven't even been here an hour and already someone is getting on my nerve. "Please get to work, you have a lot to do."

Everyone crowds into the room and the boy sets down the box, he turns to me and smiles. "My name is Chen, it's nice to meet you." His smile is sweet and cute and his eyes crinkle a little at the edges.

I feel my cheeks flush and all I can manage is a nod.

Suddenly the lights start to flicker and suddenly it goes out completely.

"What is going on?!"

- - -

Author's Note: Sorry if this chapter was super boring :( it's just a filler chapter, I promise it will get better (and funnier) soon! Thank you for reading; I hope you enjoy!

~ Happy reading ~