001

Targeted

"Okay, we'll consider you for the position, thank you for coming." The scary lady with the cat-eye shaped glasses stood up from her chair. She held out her hand and I shook it politely. As I walked out of the office, I couldn't help but think that I wouldn't get the job.

I sighed as I walked down the hall and through the back exit. I kepted walking down the dark alley, my hands in my pocket when suddenly a hand grabbed me and jerked me into the dark crevice. I opened my mouth to scream but the hand covered my mouth instantly.

"Don't move," a woman's voice whispered ominously in my ear, "and don't scream." She released her hand from my mouth.

"I'll give you my wallet, there's nothing in there anyway," I said struggling to reach for my pocket. I need to call the police.

"I'm not trying to steal your wallet," she said, she pulled me through the hidden doorway in the crevice.

The hallway was lit with a small plug-in light and gave the room a reddish glow. This is scarier than the time I got trapped in the sandbox when I was 6. The woman was wearing thigh-high leather stiletto heels, black leather skinny pants, and a skin tight leather vest. Her sleek black hair was pulled into a ponytail. I followed her, not knowing where else to go, carefully stepping on the concrete floor.

She turned to me and gave me a tight smile. "Here we are," she said as she opened the door at the end.

As we walked through the door, I saw an oval plastic desk and some white lawn chairs. The room was dark except for the gray lamp lighting the room.

"Sit," she said as she sat down on the yellow lawn chair. "You must be wondering why you're here."

"No! Not at all," I said sarcastically. She plopped manila folders on the table violently, surprising me and making me shake.

"Do NOT be sarcastic with me, when I'm being serious," she said. She pulled a ziploc bag of something from her vest and ped it. They looked like carrots. No, not baby carrots, like FULL SIZED carrots, stem and all. She started munching on one as she opened the folder.

"I was instructed to bring the next person to walk down the alley into this room and explain the situation to him or her," she said chewing loudly.

She pointed her carrot at me and shook it. "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I STOOD IN THE DARK HOLE?" she shouted at me, "THREE DANG HOURS! THREE HOURS I COULD BE WATCHING TV OR RUNNING AROUND DOING IMPORTANT THINGS!"

My eyes widened in shock and I nodded. "I'm sorry?"

"Anyways, call me G. This person is your target, he is the person we want you to capture and take to us." She jabbed her finger at the picture of a boy. He doesn't look older than 20, and had large doll-like eyes and a baby face.

"Who is that? What do you mean by target? What do you want to do with him?" I asked confused.

She slapped her forehead with the carrot and sighed. "I couldn't have a picked a smarter person walking down the alley," she said to herself.

"Hey! I'm pretty smart!" I protested.

"She even offered me her wallet, I knew that was a bad sign," she flipped the page of the folder.

"I can hear you!" I shouted.

"What am I going to tell Boss?" she wondered to herself.

I banged my fist on the table. "Hey! J! I can hear you!"

"IT'S G YOU MORON!" she shouted back. "His name is Lu Han, he is part of the KPOP group EXO-M, a subgroup of EXO, he's 23, almost 24 and he is our target. We want him as a part of our new experiment with people in the KPOP industry. It's all in the file actually." She handed me the folder.

"We got you a job as their "personal assistant". But I want you to get close to this boy and within the next year get him on our side," she said. "Our organization is called New Generation and we work for the government. You can keep your name, but you can't let anyone know what you're doing." She handed me another folder. "All the information is in this. Don't lose it."

I looked at her confused. "Okay, bye?" I said.

She waved me off and pulled out another folder. G makes eye contanct with me as I hesitantly back away.

I turn to open the door when she asks: "What's your name?"

"Park Sara," I say as I open the door to leave.

"Welcome to the team!" she shouts and as I look back she's waving her carrot at me.