Eleven (Hayoung POV)

Because we're family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This how old everyone is in this chapter:

Minseok: 21
Luhan: 21
Joonmyun and Jongdae: 18
Baekhyun: 17
Chanyeol: 15
Tao: 15
Sehun: 14
Hayoung:  12
Jiejun: 11

 

Hayoung didn’t know why her mother always insisted on making extra food for Minseok whenever he was cooking. Minseok had been living on his own now for almost a year and was perfectly capable of feeding himself. But no, he still thought it was his job to keep his eldest son fed and that was why Hayoung was walking up her third flight of stairs, bag full of Tupperware boxes in hand. She was supposed to be on her way to netball practice but halfway there she’d been informed by her mother that they’d be dropping by Minseok’s first. She’d tried to argue, telling her mum that being on time to netball practice was more important than delivering food to Minseok when he probably had a fridge full of it already but he hadn’t listened. And as they’d pulled to a stop they’d spotted Minseok and Luhan going into the building which had meant Hayoung hadn’t been able to use the excuse ‘what if he’s not home?’ when she’d been told to run up and take it to him. If only her brother had heard her when she’d shouted to him she thought with a sigh, then she’d be back in the car by now. But he hadn’t heard her shout his name as she’d jumped out of the car and by the time she’d grabbed the bag of food from the backseat the door had already closed behind him. So here she was, walking up the stairs to his apartment, acting the delivery girl, but unlike a delivery girl she wasn’t going to get paid for it. Life wasn’t fair sometimes.

But she’d made it, she’d reached his floor and technically she hadn’t been told she had to make sure Minseok took the bag into the house, she’d just been told to take it upstairs to him. So really, if he took ages to come to the door she didn’t have to worry he’d make her late, all she had to do was ring the bell and leave the food on the doormat. Her mum had made enough food for Minseok in the past, as soon as he saw the boxes he’d know who’d left them there. It’d be fine.

Only it seemed she didn’t have to resort to her ring the bell and run plan because Minseok hadn’t even made it through his front door yet. He was standing outside it, rummaging through his bag, presumably for his keys.

Hayoung opened , intending to shout out to him but then stopped.

Luhan was standing behind Minseok, and this was fine. It was Luhan’s apartment too and she’d watched them both enter the building. So what stopped her wasn’t Luhan’s presence, she’d expected him to be there, no what stopped her was the sense of déjà vu that had just hit her.  And almost immediately she worked out what the source of that déjà vu was. That morning she’d walked into the kitchen and had been met by the sight of her mother at the kitchen counter, her father standing behind him with one hand at his waist and his chin on his shoulder. And Luhan was standing in almost exactly the same position now, his chin on Minseok’s shoulder and a hand at his waist. The only difference was that Minseok was looking for his keys, not chopping vegetables.

Now whenever she caught her parents standing this way one of two things would happen next. Either her mum would elbow her dad and tell him to let him finish cooking in peace or they’d get all lovey dovey and gross and Hayoung would beg them to stop.  But since this was her brother and his best friend and not her parents she was sure it was going to end with the former. Minseok was going to get annoyed and end up shoving Luhan away, so he could focus on finding his keys. Luhan always had been the more tactile of the two and her brother probably didn’t appreciate his friend clinging to him like a koala when he was trying to do something.

But that wasn’t what happened. Minseok didn’t shove Luhan away. No, he pulled the keys from his bag, uttered a triumphant ‘Found them!’ then turned his head so he could press a kiss to Luhan’s jaw.

And for a second Hayoung didn’t know what to say. She was used to seeing Luhan clinging to her brother, arm around his shoulders as they walked or sitting so close to him that they were touching. They’d known each other for a really long time and  were comfortable enough in each other’s company that this wasn’t a big deal. What surprised her was the fact that Minseok was the one who’d just initiated the contact. Unlike Luhan he was usually all about personal space and boundaries, it was weird.

However weird it was though she still needed to get to netball practice so deciding not to question it Hayoung opened again intending to let Minseok know she was there so she could hand her delivery over. But again, before she could get her words out she saw something that made her stop. And that something was Luhan turning Minseok around to face him so he could kiss him on the mouth. And this time it wasn’t a peck, it was a real kiss. And Minseok didn’t push him away or tell him to stop being stupid, no he was kissing him back.

And Hayoung did what she always did when confronted by grown ups being overly tactile and affectionate. She wrinkled her nose and said “Ew.”

Minseok, hearing this muttering of disgust,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter