{ Alternate Ending }

Please Love Him

It's been years since I last saw Jongdae. It's been years since I broke up with Jongin.

It's been years since I was truly happy.

I'm twenty five now. It's been six years since it all happened. It's been six years since I started living alone in solitude, not counting the days I have to be at work and around people.

Today is pretty much like any other day, I guess. I woke up, got ready, headed off to my work place (I work as a cashier at a small café) while hurriedly eating a glazed donut and downing a large mug of strong coffee, clocked in at the same time as every day— yet something felt... Off. 

Something was different, but I couldn't place what exactly.

Now I stand behind the counter, doodling randomly on sticky notes. It was a slow day, it seemed. It was already lunch hour, but there were only five people in the shop.

I sighed and scratched my head, turning to look at the other worker behind the counter with me: Yixing. He's a born Chinese, but he came all the way to Korea. Reasons? I am not entirely sure.

"Slow day, don't you think?" I asked sleepily, tapping a finger against my hip. He laughed and nodded, drying a mug with a towel.

"Yeah, it is. You look an awful lot tired today, dude. What's up?" Yixing asked, raising an eyebrow as he set the mug on the drying rack. "I don't know, man. I've been so tired." I fought back a yawn, crinkling my nose slightly. 

"Well, how about you clock out and get home to rest, yeah? I can handle from here. The day is slow anyways." Yixing was always such a sweet man.

"Hm, really? Well, I guess that's not too bad of an idea... But let me serve this last person, hm?" I smiled as I heard the bell chime through the store, indicating a customer was here.

I turned around to face the person, not bothering to look up as I grabbed a new sticky note and my pen, ready to write down their order.

"Hello, may I have a green tea frappaccino?"  He said and I could only chuckle. No one ever orders that.

"Sure. Anything else?" I asked, glancing up at the male with a raised eyebrow.

He had on a bright orange beanie and a white shirt that had 'Taipei' written in black font over the front. He wasn't tall, really, and his shoulders weren't exceptionally broad. He had high cheekbones, though, and his lips curled at the corners. He had twinkling brown eyes that were warm and welcoming.

And at that moment I met his eyes, I realized he also had my heart.

"Yes, I'd like that steak you declared you'd make me for dinner six years ago, Hunnie." The man smiled softly, those kitten lips he possessed curling up. 

I stayed silent for a moment, not sure what to say or do as I slowly set the sticky note and pen back down on the counter.

"You haven't changed one bit, Oh Sehun." He said quietly, tilting his head slightly as he looked at me with that smile I'm oh, so familiar with.

I smile back and shrug nonchalantly, gazing at him.

He's back in my life, and I am definitely not letting him leave again.

"Neither have you, Kim Jongdae."

-

{ For those who don't like sad endings, here's an alternate ending! Enjoy ~ Once again, thank you all for reading. It means tons and tons and tons. xoxo  -the_rising_wolves