Cold Friday Evening

secret collage

 

Another cold Friday evening.

It was supposed to be another cold Friday evening until something occurred out of hand, out of mind, out of sight and out of inner forces.

Jessica was aiding Yoona's cut on an eyebrow. She got it after falling hard from the couch five minutes ago. She worked her hand gently with the cotton poured of medicine, carefully damping it over the bleeding wound. It saddened Jessica a bit that Yoona's flawless forehead is now tainted with a possible scar.

She simply loves that forehead of her deer best friend. Wide, shiny and soft-looking like you can see the world reflected into it, figuratively. Right now, she prays it won't leave a mark.

Their tickling slash wrestling session at the couch can get very aggressive in some occasions but it's always Yoona who gets all the bad from it. It's not a wonder though mainly because Yoona sometimes loses control of her strength and always ends up falling or hitting something to certain extents.

Last month, she broke her forefinger when she was intending to poke Jessica's side but Jessica managed to evade. There was so much energy that harbored Yoona hence, she ended up almost leaping over the coffee table across the couch and hit her hand that cause a loud thump and cracking sound.

Yoona flinched in pain as Jessica became unwary that she's applying more pressure on her wound due to her reverie. Jessica instantly mouthed her sorry while crinkling her nose that Yoona found very cute.

"From this very moment," And Yoona started her traditional plea. "I vow that I will never do this childish game ever again" And she have said the same thing over and over and over.

"Yeah right" Jessica snorted.

"Don't snort at me" Yoona scowled. "I'm freaking serious this time"

Jessica paused and gave her a skeptic look.

"Because this one hurts more than the broken finger?" She said in a dorky manner.

"I thought so" Jessica smirked.

Yoona's eyes trailed about Jessica's face. She's gotten more gorgeous and hot as time went by and her cold appearance became colder too. Her eyebrows that seemed to be fixed in a crease and bleak eyes that speak a volume of disinterest and boredom became more prominent.  

Still, wherever she goes, boys would tag along behind her like shadow and try every trick and strategy to win her icy heart and also survive Jessica’s sadistic ways of treating boys. Not that Yoona is jealous of the attention. She gets the same treatment as well, only that she's nicer. 

But nothing much changed since they were seven. She's still the Jessica who bickers and plays with her. The girl who threw an egg at Yoona's arch enemy in elementary. The girl who still kicks the garbage bins around their suburb. The girl who humiliated a douchebag and made him cry last week for impolitely hitting on Yoona with just her severe words of insult and a few predicaments to threaten him. 

Jessica displays the same facade to everyone except for Yoona who's already immune to her customary image and personality. 

"We're already college kids and we still do this" Yoona sighed while shaking her head a bit.

"We're nineteen in calendar but seven at heart" Jessica said which made Yoona smile.

It's not just a regular smile but it was the signature deer smile, as Jessica would put it - slightly deepened corners and lips still intact as if she's suppressing joy in order to avoid making herself look like an idiot.

Yoona was having 'the nostalgia'.

"What are you thinking?" Jessica asked and it was almost a whisper. She leaned back and placed the cotton on the coffee table without taking her eyes off of Yoona.

Yoona need not to ask how Jessica figured out that she's in a contemplative state. Jessica can read her even in just a simple twitch of an eye.

"Just some stuff when we were kids 'til now. We played a lot, remember?"

Jessica nodded. "We still play now" Her hand reached Yoona's hair by her neck and subconsciously, her fingers fiddled its strands continuously.

She always plays with Yoona's long brown hair whenever she speaks. In a very non-conventional way, it makes Jessica become more immersed in listening to Yoona and her deep manly voice.

"And you love taking a bath in the mud whenever it rains"

"Jess, we both loved that" Yoona corrected.

"I don't know" Jessica shrugged. Her face turning a little gloomy. "It registered to me that it was you who loved that. Before I left, that was the last childish thing we did. Whenever it rained and I see kids playing at the park, it reminded me of no one but you"

It was a miracle when Jessica survived two years without Yoona around except for her calls, skype and the photos she sent her in her outing (life risking) adventures.

"Hey" Yoona softly said as her one hand cupped over Jessica's warm face. The mere contact turned her frown upside down. "You came back. That's what mattered. I may have lived a boring life since fifteen until you came back for college. Now we're roommates who happen to be taking the same course and sharing the same classes. I'm irresistible like that except for Taecyeon who doesn’t see that and broke up with me two weeks ago" Yoona winked.

"You are irresistible" Jessica spoke so dreamily yet she meant it.

There was a sudden utter silence that occupied the space between them.

They both held their breaths and remained motionless for at least five seconds. Those five seconds felt the longest among the hours. They did nothing but gaze at each other's eyes and willed themselves not to do anything they might regret.

But the emotions and desire stirring deep inside them, fast and strong, tried to overcome their repulse. It's something none of them has ever felt.

The latter is somehow not true.

In a blur, closed eyes they found themselves, lips sealed against one another.

A part of Jessica's little fantasy was not a fantasy anymore. The pink flesh pair of lips of Yoona was indeed soft. There's still a little gloss left but still. Her lips are so tender and sweet like a.....girl.

She managed to draw herself closer to Yoona, closing the gap further between their lips. Their noses bumped and foreheads scarcely touched. Yoona did not protest or show any cautiousness for the cut in her eyebrow but instead, Jessica felt her smiling.

It's like blood went rushing to her face as Yoona realized the heat taking place on her body that probably appeared red a as they go on - running a hand through Jessica's brown soft hair and the other sliding around her neck while Jessica's hand slipped under her sweatshirt and trailed over her spine that sent shivers.

Their tongues entranced their respective mouths in unison and were more receptive of each other's kisses. They moved their heads in harmony and Jessica would nibble either the top or lower of Yoona's lips.

They're so soft. Jessica repeated in her head.

It's getting more and more intense the longer they go and became even better than the passionate kisses they had from their previous boyfriends. The warmth fleeted in their uniform movements, consuming every part of their body.

Eventually it caused both of them to be overwhelmed by the unexpected height of sensuality, shuffling away from each other and breaking the kiss.

"Woah" Someone hushed. No one could tell. Obviously it could only be any of them.

Jessica was panting and Yoona was puzzled and vice versa.

"Did that just happen?" Yoona was blinking her eyelids heavily.

"It did" Jessica was still stunned.

Yoona wet her lips that had been wet after their kiss. It was either her own saliva or Jessica's or both. "It did happen"

"It doesn't mean anything, right?" Jessica asked. "Or something?" She asked again. "Maybe...." She answered her own query.

"Oh god"

"That is clearly the reason why we don't do serious talks because we tend to do more stupid things"

"And I just broke up with my boyfriend yet I don't feel a single guilt nor hear my conscience speak some sense to me that I was just straight ten minutes ago"

"Is it because we're too close?"

"I think?"

They did grow much closer. They have each other almost every hour of the clock from morning ‘til evening even in bed where they sleep together and cuddle like cats lost in the middle of winter. They grew closer beyond what they could imagine of.

If they weren't best friends, they could have appealed different towards other’s perception. They've been aware of that conception about them.

"Or we're simply...." They slightly tilted their heads as their faces are getting inch by inch closer again like opposite poles of a magnet and inevitable to be fought off. "attracted...to......each other?"

"Maybe...." Yoona's throat clenched as Jessica's lips is only a pucker away.

Hearts were in rapid pulse but enough sanity resided in them to still withdraw in the last minute.

"You want to stop or lie low?" Jessica popped a question that would either make things awkward or more awkward.

It took a few seconds before the question managed to sink into Yoona’s head. "What?"

"You want to stop us being too involved with one another or lie low in terms of distance? Your choice"

"I'm not gonna choose!" Yoona refused in a heartbeat. "I can't live without you. You know that"

"What are we gonna do?"

"Let's just sleep it out"

Midnight passed and they were back on the couch.

"I can't sleep" Jessica confessed, unable to shut her eyes down from the images of her and Yoona in this very couch that kept flashing in her mind.

"I can't sleep too" Yoona seconded, restless as she would react even to the tiniest bit of contact with Jessica's skin while she moves in the bed.

They're eyes met and the tension taking place already meant more than anything. They don’t need to spur questions as they are not naive  people. It’s a new but familiar feeling that unfolded in their friendship and impossible and too late to be denied.

Yoona took Jessica's hand lying above Yoona's lap and locked hers around it. It felt so nice and warm, opposing the cold of the surrounding and the typical coldness of her best friend. And Yoona intended not to let go of it any sooner, even if the winter season concludes.

Jessica watched their hands interlaced and then her eyes turned to Yoona when she spoke. "You wanna try doing more stupid things together?" The deer asked, doe-eyes widened and pouting like a puppy.

Jessica chuckled and brought her lips upon Yoona's forehead, one of the things she always wished to do. Jessica's free hand held her face as her thumb caressed over her cheek.

"Yeah. Let’s do more stupid things”

 

 

a/n: I was very nervous to post this because I don't know if it's alright. Is it okay or not or worse?  This is kind of short because I only wrote this a week before for an hour. I'm currently finishing a two-shot and I'm warming up to write a certain scene. Oh, you can leave promt requests in the comments section. Please subscribe, comment and upvote if you don't mind. Thank you. 

 

Chapter 2 Preview: Can We Skip? Part I

Yoona and Jessica became involved in a relationship together which began after they broke the leg of a hotel bed and knocked down a lamp post-Arena tour celebration. Months passed and Jessica started to feel that what they have is really only based on lust and physical attraction.