ch.01

Transcendence [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of an alarm went off with an annoying ringing sound. A slender arm shot out from the bed covers to silence the sound with steady fingers. Once the alarm silenced a , long, and slender body rose from the bed in a lazy matter. She stretched before walking toward the direction of the bathroom.

After doing her morning routine, she came out in a bathrobe and headed towards her large walk-in closet. Already knowing what to wear she pulled on black skinny jeans over her black lacy underwear and a black tank top over a matching black lacy bra. She finished her outfit by putting on a black leather jacket over the tank as well.

She then exited the bedroom, walked down the short hallway, and was now in the living room. She then headed over to the built-in bar of the house to her left and walked around the counter to retrieved a dark red wine from the chiller. While pouring the red liquid into an empty glass she stared at the liquid cascading from the bottle and into the glass with slight concentration and an itty bitty thirst building in .

She set the wine bottle on the counter before making her way to the couch and casually sat on it while sipping from the glass. She relished in the metallic taste as she grabbed the remote control to turn on the T.V. to watch the morning news. Just as she was relaxed and comfortable, a ringtone disturbed the peacefulness, and the woman retrieved her mobile phone to answer the call.

"Hello." The woman answered in a calm matter.

"Alissa, Sutton here." Came a female voice from the other line.

"Well, obviously I know who you are since I have your number saved onto my cellular." Alissa remarked with a mocking teasing tone.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Sutton driedly replied. "We have a new case."

"Got it. Text me the address and I'll be there shortly." Alissa said already walking about the house and putting on black ankle socks.

"Alright, will do it now." Sutton abided as she multitask on sending Alissa the directions.

"Yes, please. Make sure you get me the right address." Alissa scold slightly. "I don't want to waste another trip like last time."

"Ugh, fine." Sutton let out annoyed while making sure the address was correct. "You idiot."

"An undead idiot you mean." Alissa laughed into the phone.

"Ugh, whatever." Sutton said into the phone with a bleh sound. "See you later."

"Bye." Alissa replied curtly as she pulled on her heel combat boots.

A beeping sound was heard and Alissa checked her phone to see that Sutton had sent her the text message. She read the message, memorized it as she grabbed her keys, and left her place to arrive at the designated location.

~~~~~~

Alissa arrived at the said location within ten minutes. It was a run down, but still operating factory. Only the warehouse workers were present along with the normal police force as they had already taped off the area so that the pedestrians wouldn't cross and disturbed the crime scene. Someone approached A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter