Uncontrolled

The Unpopular Girl Diaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tonight at seven o’clock, okay?”

“Wait me in front of your house, okay?”

It’s already 7.47 PM. Yoonji waited in front of her house for almost an hour but Zelo doesn’t pick her up yet. He is the one who keeps reminding her this afternoon, for like hundred times just to make sure she really would like to go dinner with him. Her parents even asked her to come inside because she has waited for long, but she refused it. For that stupid boy’s sake.

“Tonight at seven o’clock, tonight, seven o’clock, tonight at seven o’clock your .” She murmured as she got up and fixed her dress, already disappointed with Zelo who doesn’t show up yet. When she is about to enter her house, she suddenly heard a yell that made her jumped a little because surprised.

She gritted her teeth as she saw Zelo who is rushing to her. “Hey, sorry I’m late.” He said and breathed heavily like he was being chased by someone. But she just kept quiet and looked at him, still mad. “What?”

“Nothing.” She answered as shook her head and she sighed. And now, Zelo just kept quiet and looked at her. She raised her eyebrows and scanned her body, wondering if she wears something weird then looking at Zelo. “What?”

He just chuckled and ruffled her hair. “I know you’re mad, shortie. Don’t need to hide it.” He said and pulled her wrist. But then he stopped walking and knocked her head, making her yelled in pain and glared at him. “And it’s your fault for not telling me your home address, stupid.”

“I’m not telling if you don’t ask first, idiot.” She replied and continued walking in silence. None of them want to start talking, making the atmosphere is so awkward. Because all this time, they never stop talking or even fighting. But today is different, the awkwardness started to come over since Zelo invited her to dinner.

But the both of them suddenly gritted their teeth and said in union.

“God, this is so awkward. Can’t you just talk about something, huh?”

“Oh seriously, can’t you just start making any conversation?”

——

When you’re reaching a new level of depression, it’s really not good. Yeah, seriously not good. Yoj–

“Gosh, typo.” Yoonji shrieked as she searching for an eraser but unfortunately couldn’t find it. She flipped her diary and buried her face with the nearest pillow. She stayed in that position for a minute then got up. “I’m sick of this situation!”

She looked at a mirror and saw her reflection on it. With a messed hair, she walked to her bed again, planning to sleep again. But her mother’s yell made her eyes casually widened. “Yoonji, get ready for school!”

Since last night’s dinner, she felt so unconscious and tired. Nothing is bad happened last night actually for Zelo but for Yoonji, last night was the most unlucky dinner she has ever had. No one knows that her skirt is actually ripped off because it was stuck by the bathroom’s door, but luckily people didn’t notice it. Then she slipped in her own bathroom, but luckily again she didn’t injure her head.

As she finished taking a bath, she quickly prepared for school. But one thing stops her from being rush, her old glasses. Since she came to Seoul, she always uses contact lenses instead of glasses. And ‘that’ moment suddenly flashed on her mind, making her shook her head as she made her way to living room.

“How was last night with your friend, dear?” She turned her head as she saw her mother is preparing her a lunch box. She grinned widely, telling her mother that everything went well. Well, it’s not okay at all.

Her mother nodded and give the box to her. Yoonji took it and looked around to find his father but she doesn’t find him. “Mom, where’s dad?” She asked and stared at her mother with confused face. “Mom?”

“He... has gone to work already, this early morning.” Her mother answered with a hesitation in the tone, making Yoonji worried. But she just nodded and went outside as she left her mother alone in the house.

——

Yoonji can’t concentrate on her class. She is still wondering what’s going on with her mother. She doesn’t go to canteen and eat, even on break time. She knows that her father always gone to work early morning, but never come home late. Last night was exception. After her dinner with Zelo, she entered her house but she only saw her mother in the living room, watching television alone.

“What’s up?” A voice brought her mind back to reality. Zelo who has been sitting beside her noticed something wrong with her today. But instead of giving a clear answer, she just threw her gaze at him, having no idea what to do nor to say. “I know I’m that handsome, but you don’t need to look at me for that long.”

After hearing Zelo’s stupid opinion, she rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Everything seems weird since yesterday.”

“Since I invited you to dinner, you mean.” He added and received several nods from a girl beside him. He looked at her pout expression and returned his attention to the teacher who is explaining something in front of the class. “You know, it’s also weird to see you pouting.”

“I don’t know,” She sighed as she put down her head. She knows that Zelo is still listening to her so she spoke again. “I feel like something is wrong... But I don’t know.”

It is a moment of silence for both of them. Only the teacher’s voice filled up the atmosphere. Zelo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter