It's A Welcome

The Unpopular Girl Diaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes, we always give our life to fate. But sometimes, we want to make our fate, like planning it. Well, we always have plans in our mind; like what we are going to do tomorrow. Having plans without organizing it and thinking it first is bad. That’s why the majority of people always hesitate to do something even if they’ve planned it already. But even if it is bad or not, we have our freedom to make any plans. Like…starting a new life? Let’s take an example from painting. You have canvas, brush, and paints to make a painting. The canvas is your new chance, the brush also the paints are all of your plans, and the painting is the result of what you’ve planned.

She took a deep breath as she walked to school. It’s her first day to start a new life on her new school, dream school. She kept planning what she’s going to do at her new school. But somehow, she felt a little bit worried. What if people don’t want to accept her? What if people keep bullying her even though she changed her image already? And what if’s questions were popping out in her mind everytime she made a new step forward.

Once she arrived in front of the school’s gate, she bit her bottom lip because she started to feel hesitant. She turned around her body, wanting to leave and going back to home. But surprisingly, there was a guy standing right behind her –which now is right in front of her.

She scanned that guy’s body from head to toe and then her eyes narrowed, trying to remember something. ‘Why does this guy look very familiar to me?’ She thought and saw the guy is still standing in front of her.

“Hey, shortie.” He called her enthusiastically as he still remembers her. Before Yoonji could say anything, he placed his palm in front of her face. “Before you ask, I’m Zelo.” He grinned and made Yoonji rolled her eyes. She turned back her body again, feeling annoyed by him.

But instead of letting her go, Zelo grabbed her shoulder and went to her front. “Hey, don’t be mad again. I know the purse is really beautiful, but it’s your fault giving it to my mother.” He said, more like blaming her.

She glared at him, not understand what this guy -that named Zelo- is thinking about. “How dare you blaming me for giving the purse to your mother?” She asked, in a very unusual tone. But it doesn't take long time for her to hear a “tch” sound from him, making her crossed her hands in her chest. “And you should be thankful because your mom isn’t sad anymore.”

“Okay, okay. Thank you so much for the purse, shortie. It means so much to me.” Zelo thanked and chuckled as he saw her frowning at him.

She gave him a nod and turned around her body, facing the school's gate. “And I still can’t deal with the nickname you gave to me.” She said and cleared , “It’s Yoonji.” She blinked as she said her name awkwardly and left him there in front of the school’s gate.

Zelo stood there and froze for a moment until two guys were approaching him. Himchan and Jongup, the duo betting guys. They always bet everytime they find a new situation or something new. “I see that you talk with the girl happily.” Himchan's voice is suddenly heard by Zelo.

As Himchan put his hand around Zelo’s shoulder, Jongup looked at him then looked at Yoonji's back which slowly disappears from their sight. “Who’s that girl, Junhong?” Jongup asked and looked at him again, waiting an answer come out from his mouth.

But instead of answering his question, Zelo doesn't say anything. So, Himchan, took a chance to set a bet. “Yah, Jongup, let’s make a bet. If my prediction is right, you should buy me a ton of ice cream.” He said with a smirk, challenging him. Interested, Jongup raised his eyebrows, waiting for Himchan to tell his prediction. “That girl is a new student-”

“What? Yah yah yah! You can’t! I also thought that girl is a new student here!” Jongup interrupted him with his glaring eyes, couldn't agree this time with the Himchan's bet.

Zelo sighed as he shook his head, he knew this thing would happen. So, without saying any words, he left both of his hyung and went to his class. Once he arrived at his class, he immediately came to his seat. But instead of straightly sit on his chair, he stopped there. He usually sits there alone in the last row. But now, there is an empty chair beside his seat.

Seeing a stunned Zelo, Hana and Hyosung came over to their seat -which right in front of Zelo's seat. “Don’t be surprised, Zelo. You’re going to have a new seatmate.” Hana said with a smile formed on her face. While Hana was sitting down on her seat, Hyosung leaned her face closer to his ear and whispered, “And it’s a girl.” Then she sat calmly right after that.

Zelo, still stood there, trying to think of something. Seconds later, he suddenly smirked then sat on his seat. Waiting.

——

She lowered her head and took a deep breath. She lifted up her head and walked closer to Mrs. Lee without turned her head. She is totally nervous. People in the classroom started whispering and some of them are whistling; it made her more even nervous than before. But then, she just smiled to Hana who seems so excited.

“This is Song Yoonji. She will join our class starting from now on.” Mrs. Lee smiled as she introduced Yoonji. “She also has a very nice grade from her previous school, so I guess; you can ask her some questions.”

“Hi. I'm Song Yoonji from Kyungnam High School, Busan. Please take care of me.” Yoonji said and bowed lightly.

“Let’s see, the best seat for you is- AH! There, beside Choi Junhong.” She looked around for empty seat and found a chair beside Zelo. Her lips are suddenly parted and smiled again, ‘Ah, lucky me, I won’t sit there. He’s not Choi Junhong.’

“Raise your hand, Choi Junhong.” She saw Zelo rai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter