Crap! It's Friday

The Unpopular Girl Diaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Writing diary is just for kids? Wrong, diary is for anybody who has nobody to express their happiness and problems. Even diary isn’t a human-being or cannot give advices, diary can hear you. And diary can listen to you. Because sometimes you don’t need advice, you just need somebody to listen.

Done writing a foreword in her diary, Yoonji raced to bathroom and prepared for school. Even though she doesn’t have any spirit to school, she has to go to school. Because she can be a dead meat once she didn’t attend school.

She looked at her closet and asked herself. “Bring a spare uniform or not?”

——

Friday might be one of the most favorite days besides Saturday for normally teenagers in this precious world. But not for those people who is labeled ‘nerd’ in Kyungnam High School. Even though the next day is Saturday, they just don’t like it. Because every Friday, especially every break time, the popular guys in that school always have many plans to bully nerd people.

Unfortunately, Song Yoonji was labeled nerd since the first time she stepped on her foot in that school by the popular one. She didn’t get it why people called her ‘nerd’ just because she used glasses. But, whatever she did, it won’t change anything. Even she confronted to her parents– still, it won’t change anything.

Yoonji walked slowly and lazily like a living zombie. She knew that something –which is bad–, will happen. So, she brought a spare uniform in her bag. Who knows? Maybe this time the Queen will spill some water or mud from above.

Once she arrived at school, she walked very fast, so, people won’t notice her. She walked too fast so that she bumped into someone. She lifted her head and saw the one that she just bumped to.

It is her crush, Jung Daehyun.

‘.’ She cursed in her mind when Daehyun lend his hand to Yoonji. The majority of people in her school know that she has a crush on Daehyun. To avoid some issues, she refused it, letting out a small smile which that means ‘thank you’ and got up.

Daehyun immediately pulled his hand back. “Oh. Okay.”

Yoonji nodded as she ran away from Daehyun. She could feel that Daehyun’s eyes were staring at her back. She was extremely nervous. She touched her chest, it’s beating so fast.  But that feeling is gone in seconds when she saw a smirk from the Queen who was watching the incident.

“I thought we have a same class today.” She sighed as she heard Daehyun was talking to her again. He let out a chuckle and walked, passing her by.

——

“If you keep sleeping, the teacher would absolutely kill you.” A voice just woke Yoonji up from her dream. She looked around and she saw Daehyun was smiling to her. She felt happy and smiled back to him.

But somehow, she realized that there something just happened with her crush. Because she knew that Daehyun is careless person. He would never speak to anyone first unless someone talk to him first. And today, those habits are gone like someone just told him to change. She is happy but those uncomfortable feelings always annoyed her.

So does Daehyun. He felt uncomfortable too but he can’t avoid from doing it. Someone is watching him. If the Queen doesn’t press him, he would never do that. He felt guilty for playing Yoonji, even just for a day. Playing girl is not a good thing to do by a man and he knew that.

“Hey.” Yoonji sighed, taking a deep breath and brave herself. “Is there something wrong?”

Daehyun shook his head as a sign that he is okay. But Yoonji looked at him once more and scanned his expression. She sighed again. As a good guessing-emotion person, she really knows when someone is worried, happy, or sad. “You are worried of something, aren’t–“

“No, I’m not.” He interrupted her like he already knew what will be the ending word of the question.

I don’t know what’s wrong with him. But I hope the transformation of him is good.

——

The short moment that just happened in class recently made Yoonji felt uncomfortable whenever she was around him. She thought it was a chance to confess her feeling to him. She knows that Daehyun already knew about her feeling to him and she wants him to know that her feeling to him is legit. But the more she thinks, the more she is unsure and hesitant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter