Taemin's After Party

In YOUR Dreams


"We're sorry Taemin, but here in America, you're still 17. So you can't attend the after party." said SHINee's manager, as they stood outside the hotel room Taemin shared with Minho. The rest of SHINee had gotten dressed for the party, while Taemin was still in his clothes that he left with from the concert.

"Hey, just one more year. Then you can join us, ok Taeminnie?" Onew said, as Taemin nodded happily.

"It's fine. I'm tired anyways. I'll probably have a snack and go to sleep." he said, as the rest of SHINee smiled at him. They walked away and headed into the elevator. He waved until they were out of sight, then he let his face fall into a frown.

"No fair. I really wanted to go." Taemin said, huffing as he opened the door and slammed it shut with a little more force than needed. He threw his shoes off and flopped onto his bed. "There's nothing to do here... so boring..."

After laying there for five minutes, Taemin sat up as an idea popped into his head. "I could go sight-seeing!" He said happily. "But wait, it's probably too late for that, and I have no one to show me around..." he slumped back down, with his head hanging off the bed."I could probably try to sneak out and just walk around... There shouldn't be too many fans around at night..." He said to himself, liking the idea more than sitting around waiting for his hyungs to come back from the party. Taemin changed into some baggy clothes, put on a hat that covered his hair and most of his eyes. Taking the hotel key along with him, Taemin walked down the stairs, rather than taking the elevator, and followed a group of teenagers out who were just staying at the hotel, successfully not drawing any attention to himself. He walked aimlessly down the street until he reached a park. It was a small park, with a concrete playground area and a walkway surrounded by grass and a few trees, with benches you could sit on. It was also surrounded by a gate.

Taemin walked up to the door and looked through the gate, smiling at the thought of coming to a place like this with his future girlfriend. He leaned into the door of the gate dreamily and nearly fell down as it swung open. He was about to run away when he heard a voice. It sounded like a girl’s voice, and he was surprised to hear the voice was singing. Curiosity taking over, Taemin walked into the park. He walked around a bit, following the sound until it was coming closer and closer. As he got closer, he heard that the girl was singing in Korean, a ballad version of After School’s Because of You. He finally found the source of the powerful voice, hanging upside-down from a monkey bar. It was when she came to the end of the song that Taemin realized the girl was crying. 'How did she sing all of that upside down and crying?' He walked closer and spoke up.

------------

"That was amazing." A voice said. I gasped, not knowing that there was anyone in here, let alone listening to me that whole time. I turned my head around and saw a person with baggy clothes and a hat. I couldn't really see his face, but from the sound of his voice he sounded young. Putting my hands on the bar, I let go with my legs and got down from the monkey bars. I wiped my eyes, even though he probably couldn't see my tears, and cleared my throat.

"T-thanks." I responded. I made sure I had my phone in my pocket just in case this guy was a or something. But of course I didn't. It was stolen with my purse.

"Hey, are you okay? You sounded like you were crying." the guy said, as I sighed. So he did hear.

"Yeah, I was. I'll be fine, it's just another horrible day. Nothing usually goes right. By the way, are going to rob me or something?" I asked, just to be sure so I don't go wasting my time telling my problems to some psycho path who's planning on killing me. The boy laughed, and I could swear it sounded so familiar... his voice matched it as well.

"No. I was just looking into the park when I heard your voice, and I followed it here. So what's the matter? Why were you crying?" he asked, sitting down on the step of the slide. He motioned for me to sit down as well, so I did, giving the both of us a little distance. Taking a deep breath, I decided to let it out.

"Well, it started out 3 days ago. I found out from my best friend that my boyfriend back in Korea had tried to cheat on me with her while she was drunk, and she was all apologizing for kissing him and saying she wouldn't have even looked at him if she wasn't drunk, which is true because Minye has like zero- tolerance for alcohol, it's a shock to me that she even got away, and I broke up with him the day after, and he went all on about how he would change and a bunch of crap that I know is lies, and so I was in a really bad mood since then, plus the hotel room I'm staying in is crap, the breakfast is like $13 for these eggs and toast, I can make my own eggs for so much less, which made me wish I stood at my aunt’s house but she lives like an hour and a half away from here, and it would’ve been crazy for her to drive at such a late time, so I rented a hotel room close by the concert I was supposed to attend, and then the memory on my camera got full because I forgot to take pictures off it, and to top it all off as I while I was getting lunch before going I put my bag down for one second so I could look through my wallet and someone stole my bag which had the tickets and I paid so much for them, since I missed the concert in Korea I came here but now there's no way I'm going to see SM Town live, I'm just going to end up going back home to my ex trying to get back together with me and..." I said, finally taking a breath. "What am I doing? I'm sorry, I'm just overwhelmed. I'll just leave..." I said, starting to stand up when the boy reached his hand out and grabbed my wrist. I looked at him confused when he took off his hat and stood up. The streetlight hit his face and I tilted my head.

"...you're... Taemin?" I asked, and he nodded, smiling at me.

"You went through a lot today, mind if I sing you a song?" he said, sending butterflies to my stomach. I nodded, and he smiled, and began singing this song that I wasn't too sure of the title of but the whole time he was looking at me, holding my hand, singing to me. Suddenly he switched to the song I was singing earlier, and I smiled at him, and started to sing along, our voices harmonizing perfectly, like we were born to sing together. After we finished, Taemin had a smile wide across his face, and I was pretty sure I had a smile that mirrored his. My heart wouldn't stop pounding and I felt more blood rush to my face then when I was upside down for that past hour. I silently wondered if he was going through the same thing.

"What's your name?" he asked, and I replied. "Do you feel like taking a walk?"

"Yeah, we could probably walk to the other park. You know, the one that's public and not off- limits, like where we are now." I suggested, and he nodded.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea." he said, as he started to lead me out, hand still intertwined with my own. As we got closer to the exit, I remembered about his hat, and the security cameras outside the park. I stopped walking, causing him to stop. He looked confused, but then I pointed to my head, and he realized what I meant, putting his hat on to conceal his identity. We left the park, making sure the gate was locked, and starting walking in the direction of the park.

"Thanks for listening to my rant back there. I’ve just been so frustrated lately… I really needed to get that off my chest." I said, and he flashed a cute smile at me which made me question if my true bias in SHINee.

"No problem. So, _____, do you usually speak really fast in one sentence, or was that just because you were nervous because you felt the aura of a super cute guy next to you." he said, as my mouth dropped open in shock. I stuck my tongue out at him, making him laugh some more.

"Neither. I was just frustrated because of my horrible day, and I was still afraid that you were there to me so I started to talk fast to scare you away or at least spare myself some time to--" I rambled, but was stopped by a finger on my lips. Taemin's to be exact.

"Or you just were nervous, like you are now." He said. I swallowed a lump in my throat when I realized how close he suddenly was to me. 'Stop it, you have a boyfriend... Wait, no you don't. You have an ex. Nevermind. Continue.' My conscious said, leaving me when I needed it the most. After all, not only did I meet him no more than 20 minutes ago, he's a celebrity. And how old is he? 17? While I'm... Also 17... And a half... STOP IT! HE'S GETTING CLOSER. DO SOMETHING. I closed my eyes as his hand brushed against my cheek, and he leaned closer and closer... until I felt his cheek on my own. "Does this make you nervous?" he whispered in a y voice, sending a shiver down my spine. Since when was Taemin like this? From the radio shows I've listened to, I always thought Jonghyun was the one who was flirty and liked skinship. I was at a loss for words, until I heard him chuckle. ‘Oh, he’s trying to joke with me? Alright then… two can play at this.’ I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him close to me. I felt him tense up and stop laughing. Smirking, I rested my head on his shoulder, ignoring the flips my stomach was doing.

“Yes, I get very nervous when you do that. It makes me want to do something about it. You know what it makes me want to do?” I whispered into his neck, my lips nearly touching him. I looked at his throat and saw him swallow, afraid of what I would do next. I then brought my hands to his sides, and traveled down until they reached his hips.

“I-I don’t think... I was…” He stuttered, when I smiled and then dug my hands into his sides, tickling him with all my might. I was worried that he wasn’t ticklish at first, but I was proven wrong as he broke out in a fit of laughter and ran away, defending himself as I stepped closer and tried to attack again.

“So Taemin, you think you can make me nervous? I can do it too.” I said, sticking my tongue out at him. It took him a few seconds before he understood what I said and pointed at me.

“You were joking?!” He said, and I nodded, walking up to him and nudging him on the head. For a moment I thought he looked disappointed, but it went away as a playful smile appeared on Taemin’s face. “You totally got me. You’re a good actress and a singer. Are you a Korean Hannah Montana? Singer at night, normal teenager by day?” he said, as I shook my head, and we continued to walk to the park. We talked about school and his work, I also talked about my job at a noraebang back in Korea, and how people request me to karaoke with them often. Taemin asked me where I work and it happens to be not too far from their recording studio.

“Maybe me and the other members will stop by sometime. I haven’t done karaoke in a while.” Taemin said, as we sat down by the fountain in the middle of the park.

“Yeah, feel free to stop by. I’ll give you guys a discount.”

“And we’ll be able to do a duet again.” He said, smiling warmly at me, which was definitely no good for my already troubled heart. How can this boy be so adorable and not even try?

“Yeah…” I trailed off, as we sat in comfortable silence for a few seconds.

“So… ______...” He started, and I looked at him expectantly.

“Yes?”

“I’m just curious… who’s your favorite member? In SHINee?” He said. I thought for a moment.

“Well… before or after I met you?” I asked, without realizing how it sounded until after I said it. Heat flooded my face as recognition reached Taemin’s eyes, causing him to grin widely, looking at the floor in front of him. I did the same, looking at the tree to my right, not wanting to make eye contact.

“So, you changed your favorite after you met me, huh.” He said, looking in my direction. I couldn’t tell if he was looking at me, due to the very interesting spot on that tree over there, but I nodded anyways. He made a stretching sound as he got up.

“Well, I think I have to start heading back soon. The after-party should be almost over.” He said, as I nodded, getting up as well. We walked out of the park in silence, Taemin looked like he was thinking really hard, and I was trying to get my normal color in my face. We reached the corner and Taemin stopped, turning to me. “Listen… I had a really great time tonight… it was more fun than sitting up in my hotel room sleeping.”

“Me too. It’s too bad I didn’t get to see you in concert. I would’ve been screaming for you the loudest!” I said, and he smiled sadly at me, rubbing the back of his neck.

“About that… it really that you had your tickets stolen. Which ones did you have exactly?”

“It was a VIP ticket.” I said, not as sadly as before. After all, the time I spent with THE Lee Taemin of SHINee was way better than going to the concert.

“Well, I don’t usually do this, but here.” Taemin reached into his pocket and pulled out a business card. “Do you have a pen or something?” I dug in my pocket and found a sharpie that I had just in case I met any celebrities. Which I did. I mentally high-fived myself as I handed the sharpie over to him. He scribbled some numbers on the back of the card and then handed both the sharpie and the card to me. “That’s my manager’s card and my number on the back. I would ask you for yours but it was stolen, wasn’t it?” He asked, which I simply nodded to. Did Lee Taemin just give me his number? “I’ll see if I can get you to our concert in Japan. Hey, if my manager hears your voice, you might even join us on tour someday.”

“Taemin… thank you…” I said, looking up at him. I can’t believe he trusts me so much already to give me his phone number. And give me tickets for SM Town. I wasn’t sure what came over me, but I suddenly walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him again, this time he hugged back. We stood like that for a few seconds before saying goodbye and going our separate ways… only to meet up in front of the Sheraton Hotel.

“Wait, you’re staying here?” We both said, laughing afterward. Surprisingly there were no fans around, so we both walked to the elevator laughing at the coincidence. We both got off on the same floor and before it got any weirder, our rooms were on opposite sides of the floor. I waved as we both walked up to our rooms, closing the door behind me ask I ran to my bed and proceed to flail uncontrollably. Maybe this day wasn’t so bad after all…

-----------

Taemin laid on his bed thinking about all that just happened. He sighed happily, thinking about ______ and the possibility of seeing her again very soon. After a few minutes of rolling around on his bed giggling, the door swung open as the rest of s returned from the after party. Taemin sat upright on his bed and waved happily to the others. “Hey guys! Did you have fun?” He said, nearly bouncing.

“It was okay… but it would’ve been better if you were there.” Key said, petting Taemins head reassuringly. Taemin shook his head.

“No, I was fine not going. I had a lot of fun.” He said, confusing the other members.

"Wait, so you're ok even though you couldn't come? Aish, see! I told you we were worrying for nothing." Jonghyun complained, getting a stomp on the foot from Key.

"Well, we missed you anyways." Key added, glaring at Jonghyun, who was busy tending to his injured foot.

“Hey, I met this girl that’s staying in this hotel, she sings really well and she works at a noraebang close to our recording studio, wanna meet her?” Taemin said suddenly, causing the four members to turn to Taemin suddenly, mouth's wide.

"WHAT?!"



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So~ did you like it? Leave a comment below, share your appriciation, support, suggestions for another one-shot, whether you hated it, where I can improve, a random greeting, whatever! Comments encourage me to keep on writing  ♡

I made this fic based on the knowledge that Taemin wasn't old enough to go to the after party and a fan-account that said that Taemin left the hotel twice, or something like that. Wouldn't it be nice if this is what really happened while the others were partying... sigh.

This is a little map of their journey. Yes, those parks that I talked about are real places. I get hardcore sometimes when it comes to fanfics...
HERE~