chapter one

paper hearts

Chapter One

“Korea I am back!” the moment she came back . she thought of her childhood friend who she left without saying goodbye to.

 

“myungsoo! ” NaEun handed Myungsoo the apron. “the kids are still out playing?” Myungsoo asked. Naeun nodded “how is Dani?” Naeun asked myungsoo about her sister while fixing her hair . “still the same.” Myungsoo frowned remembering how Dani his younger sister went blind .

Naeun tapped his shoulder trying to comfort him. Myungsoo chuckled “Im ok, hey aren’t you going to meet your friend?”

“see you later! I owe you this shift! Thanks for the help” with that Naeun left the daycare.

 

Taemin entered with the kids and one of them was on his arms crying . Taemin was panicking because one of the students was bleeding and in pain. “Naeun!” he yelled for his wife.

 Myungsoo turned  the stove off and ran to see what was happening, he quickly ran to get the first aid kit. “what happened?” he asked taemin who was shaking. “m..myungsoo!”taemin  stuttered. “ he fell down and the next thing I know is that his bleeding .”

“Don’t worry it’s not that deep, no stitches needed he said as he observed the wound , go contact his parents ” Myungsoo told Taemin . Taemin nodded.

 

 

Naeun was talking with Haru when her phone rang. “Oh I’m sorry it’s my husband” Naeun blushed . Being a newlywed she wasn’t used to the term husband yet. Haru smiled and nodded.

Naeun face changed into a worried one. “what! .how!?” Haru became a little worried and curious. “ok wait for me , I will be there.” With that she hunged up.  “wh..what happened?” Haru asked. “a kid got an accident in my daycare.” Naeun cried. “c’mon lets go back , I will drive you there!”  Haru offered. 

 

When they arrived something that both myungsoo and Haru never expected to happen … happened

And that is they saw each other. Haru was very glad that she saw him again. But Myungsoo felt like his chest was about to explode . his blood boiling in anger when he saw her. It hurts him too much. He didn’t know what to do. Then she spoke “MYUNGSOO!” she happily ran to him and hugged him. His heart stopped . he was so shocked that he pushed her hard. Hard enough that she fell down the floor.

“MYUNGSOO” NaEun and Taemin gasped at what just happened. NaEun helped Haru to stand up “are you ok?” she asked Haru “what on Earth myungsoo?” NaEun glared at myungsoo.

“oh.. its ok. Im fine I think I surprised him.. maybe he doesn’t remember me too” Haru said disappointedly and Myungsoo knows it,  “Uhm.. Hi Im Haru” she extended his right hand for a handshake. Myungsoo just nodded “ I don’t remember  any Haru.” Myungsoo said coldly.  Myungsoo felt like she just poured cold ice on Haru for lying to her. “by the way the kid got back safely . His parents took him back they said it was ok. They’re not suing the daycare or anything “ Myungsoo said to NaEun. NaEun nodded “thank you so much Myungsoo!” NaEun replied. “then I will leave now” myungsoo said and he left completely ignoring Haru.

 

Haru felt sad… and myungsoo in the end felt like punching something.

 

 

Myungsoo went back home and saw his sister sleeping by the sofa. “Dani-ah” He tapped her shoulder to wake her up “dinner time” he said. Dani groan. “oppa!” Dani smiled. “how was work?” she asked “oh how is NaEun eonnie doing?”

“first you have to eat and then drink your medicines. Secondly, my work was fine and thirdly NaEun asked about you then I said you were doing fine.”he answered her questions and he feed her “say ah!”

After their dinner. “oppa” she asked nervously. “hm waeyo?” he replied. While washing the dishes. “I want to join the classes for the blind. You know that…thing in the foundation?” she said. “NO!”Myungsoo said straight away. “but oppa….” She whined. “don’t argue with me Dani! I said NO and that is final!” Myungsoo said. “you know what… I wish I died instead! Im blind anyways  there is nothing I could see anymore!! What is the reason to live?” Dani for the first time spoke up about her feelings that took Myungsoo by surprised. He sighed. “a..arasso let me think about it.” He said.