•two

Later.

 

 

"Have a nice day at school, Miss Kim." Shim Ahjussi, the Kim Family's driver said.

"Thank you, Shim Ahjussi. Have a nice day too." Jieun putted her lipstick into her bag. "Leera, do you wanna use lipstick too?" She asked while opening her bag's zipper. Leera exhaled deeply. "It's okay if you don't want to. This lipstick is expensive anyway. You look better without make up, though." Jieun grinned. She opened the door car and walked out. Her friends were waiting out there.

"Thank you, Shim Ahjussi." Leera opened the door car. Soon as she closed the door, she heard the noises from her right side. Jieun– and her friends.

"Ewww she never goes to the salon, does she?"

"Look at her face! She looks awful."

"Jieun-ah, why do you want to have a sister like this?!"

Jieun left out a chuckle. "I don't want to. She's not my sister anyway. Who wants to have a sister like her? No one." She raised an eyebrow. "Well, it's great to making fun of her. Like seriously. She always does what I say!" Jieun laughed loudly with her friends.

Leera stared at them blankly.

"OH! Guess what?" She widened her eyes, acted like a shocked person. "She went home last night– and she wore someone's clothes. I think.. it's a boy's clothes." Jieun grinned ear to ear.

"Gosh!"

"Ew!"

"Gosh! Ew!" A deep voice came out from Leera's back. She knew who it was– Myungsoo. "Girls, you better go to your class, will you? I want to have a small chat with my sweetheart, Leera." He patted Leera's head. "You won't be envy right?" He winked.

Jieun and her friends dropped their jaw. 

Myungsoo was Leera's bestfriend since childhood. He was the one who stayed with her when she felt down and sad– and even on her dad and step-mother marriage. He was there for her.

He grabbed her hand. "Come on, classmate."

"Myungsoo-ah I've told you that you don't have to wait for me–"

"Why should I care? We are bestfriend aren't we?" Myungsoo smiled widely at her. "Don't look at me with that expression. You look bad. How about smileee?" He pulled her cheeks– tried to make a smile. 

"Go away." Leera sighed and walked away from him.

"Hey! Leera! Wait for me!"

 

***

 

History class.

"In 1999 something big happened– open your book page 114. You can see the picture of.." 

"Leera." Myungsoo whispered. "Can I borrow your pen? I didn't bring mine so..." Leera took a pen from her pencil case and handed it to Myungsoo who sat next to her. "Thanks. Leera. Where did you buy this pen? It's very cute isn't it?  Look at those bunnies~"

Leera avoided Myungsoo and back to focus on the class. Her tiny handwriting fulfill the book. She carefully highlighted the points of the lessons. Myungsoo stared at her with a wide grin on his face. He couldn't stop smiling until the teacher shouted. "Kim Myungsoo! Focus to the class!"

"Y-yes seonsaengnim." He said, rolled his eyes. "I hate history." He mumbled.

Myungsoo acted like he was writing something on his book. He once took a glance to Leera and smile. How much he missed the old her.

 

 

The bell rang. All the student– also Leera and Myungsoo tidied their desk. Myungsoo gave her pen back. "Thanks for lending me this cute pen." He chuckled and swung his bag. "Let's go to the biology class!" He said.

Since their timetable were the same, they always sticked together like twins. Every girls were envy to Leera because of this. Myungsoo was so caring about her. He always went around together with her like a couple and those girls dislike it.

"I'll go to the principal room first. I want to take my certificate." She said shortly. "Just go to to the biology class first. I'll see you there." Leera knew about Myungsoo. He was childish and she was okay with it.

He nodded. "Okay. See you then!" He walked away to the stairs and waved his hand. "Don't be too late okay?"

Leera nodded and walked to the other direction, to the principal room. She knocked the door three times until the principal, Mr. Kim's voice heard from inside the room. "Come in!"

Leera opened the door. The first thing she saw was a guy with white hair sat in front of Mr. Kim. He didn't look at her– he was filling out a form on the principal's desk.

She tilted her head. She never saw a guy with white hair in this school before. He must be a new student here.

"What can I help you, Leera?" Miss Sohee, Mr. Kim's assistant asked her. "Oh! You want to take the certificate, right? Come here." She walked to her desk, scanned the stack of documents on her desk. "Here you are!" She handed her the certificate and a piece of paper. "Sign here, okay? I'll print a timetable for the new student."

Leera signed the paper quietly.

Just when she finished signing here and there and bowed to the principal, Miss Sohee called the new student's name. "Luhan, this is your timetable. Leera, this is your new friend, Luhan. Luhan, this is Leera." She threw a smile to both of them.

The Luhan guy faced Leera with a soft smile. 

Leera faced him without any expression.

"So, Leera." the principal stood up. "Can you please take your new friend to his class? Since your timetable is the same–"

"Okay." Leera answered. 

Luhan eyed the principal and he just threw him a small smile.

Leera bowed deeply and walked out from the principal room. Luhan quickly stood up from his seat and bowed. "Thank you, Mr. Kim! I will do well." He grinned. Fastly, he walked out from the room and found that Leera was waiting for him outside.

Luhan blinked. "Oh, my name is Lu Han. Just call me Luhan." He chuckled. "Nice to meet you. Your name is..." He squinted his eyes, tried to read her nametag. "Kim Leera? Let's get along well." Luhan tried to shake her hand but she remained silent.

"The next subject is biology. The lab is on the 3rd floor of building B. Follow me." Leera explained and turned her back. 

Luhan smiled awkwardly when he found himself being fooled. "O-okay."

Suddenly, she turned her back again, faced him. "It's nice to meet you too. Let's get along well." She said.

A small smile grew on Luhan's face. 

 

Let me know you better, Kim Leera.

 

***

 

"Leera—"

"Here is the biology class." She explained shortly, more like a robot. "We're late. I'm afraid the teacher will punish us but since you're a new student, maybe she will forgive us." She said and opened the door. 

"Oh. Okay." Luhan nodded quickly, didn't want to make her upset— even though maybe, she wouldn't be. He walked with small steps behind her. Soon as he stepped into the lab, he widened his eyes. The lab looked very modern and clean. There were a lot of tables in the class formed into rows with two or three students on each table. On the back of the lab, there were three shelfs filled with a lot of 'science' things that you often see in a normal lab. 

But it was just a school and they had a lot of expensive things like that? Luhan faced Leera and she faced him back. 

"Stay here first." She said— more like a command. She stepped away from him towards the old lady who was teaching in front of the class non-stop until Leera called her. "Mrs. Jung.. I'm sorry I'm late."

"Where were you?"

"I went to the principal office to take my certificate." She spoke. "And I brought the new student."

"New student?" She raised her eyebrows then putted away her markers to the teacher's desk. "Come here, little boy. Introduce yourself and we'll continue the lessons."

Luhan gulped, felt awkward to the other students in the class who were staring at him curiously and 99% of them are the girls. He walked to the front, next to the teacher. Leera, herself, walked away to her seat calmly. He grinned awkwardly.

"My name is Lu Han. I'm from..." He stopped for a while and continued, "China." He smiled. "I hope we can get along well together." He bowed deeply and the class clapped their hands.

"Welcome!"

"Nice to meet you Luhan!"

"Welcome here!"

He bowed once again. He thought that the students here must be very friendly. The way they greeted him and welcomed him were just  warm. He smiled widely until the teacher told him to have a seat anywhere he wanted.

Max person on each table are three. It meant Luhan only could choose the table with two persons on it. 

On the front row, all tables already reached the max. He squinted his eyes to the back where almost all the tables were consist of 2 persons only. Some of them were the girls.

Luhan walked to the back of the class. He once catched the stares from some of the girls-- and he didn't like it. They wanted him to have a seat with them.

Luhan grinned then putted his bag on Leera and her friend's table. He faced the guy who sat next to him. With a small voice, he asked him, "What's your name?"

The guy shook his hand and threw him a smile, showed his deep dimples. "Kim Myungsoo. Myungsoo. Nice to meet you, Luhan. Since we're on the same table, three of us will make a great team!" He said. "Uhh it's great to know that you want to sit with us because-"

From his ears, Luhan could hear the murmurs of the class. 

"He wants to sit with that stiff girl? What kind of guy is he? If I were him I will just sit next to the other y girls..."

"Why didn't he sit next to me? Is there something wrong with my face?!"

"Lucky stiff girl. She sits with those guys.. I envy her."

"Hahahahahaha! I can't believe the new student is a weirdo too!"

Myungsoo became upset, he opened his mouth about to say something but Leera suddenly gripped his hand, tried to stop him. She whispered, "Don't say anything because it doesn't help--"

"Is it wrong to sit next to her?" Luhan raised an eyebrow, the entire students stared weirdly at him. Some of them widened their eyes because the next seconds, the teacher glared at him.

"It's not." Mrs. Jung answered shortly. "You can sit wherever you want." She sighed deeply and turned her back to the glassed board-- wrote some formulas on it with the black marker. "These students are just being racist, you'll get used to it sooner or maybe later?"

Luhan eyed Myungsoo and Leera. He could see the expressionless Leera stared at him blankly. Weirdly, he felt like he could read her mind.

Did he just disappoint her?

 

***

 

Luhan walked down the stairs, to his new locker. Suddenly a girl stood in front of him with blushing face. He raised an eyebrow, confused. The girl handed him a piece of small paper with some numbers on it. The girl played with her fingers. Shyly, she said, "This is my handphone numbers. If there's something you don't know about science or anything just call me, okay?" And he nodded. "Nice to meet you, Luhan."

He stared at her blankly. He blinked his eyes. The girl walked away with a big grin on her face. She joined a couple of girls who were walking together and told them about what just happened with her.

Luhan shook his head quickly and headed to  his locker. He shocked, again. A girl with long blonde hair, small uniform-- maybe she wanted to show off her body, short skirt, and some make-up on her face.

She blew her bubblegum and when it popped out, she laughed. "Hey there, Luhan boy." She said, sounded like she was flirting. She took a small step closer to him and he stepped back awkwardly. "I just want to give you my number." She handed him a piece of paper with more than three handphone numbers on it. "Actually, some of those numbers are secret but since you're hot-- I'll give it to you." She patted his shoulder then walked away.

He exhaled deeply then ruffled his white hair. He putted in the password to open the locker but it didn't work. He tried once again. Failed.

"It's 3035." 

He didn't know what he was doing but he followed the voice. He pushed number 3035 and the locker opened. He turned his back, found a girl behind him.

"New student?" She asked, crossed her arms. "I'm sorry but you just opened my locker."

"Sorry I—"

"Maybe you should ask the principal for a new locker?"

"Maybe he gave me wrong password. I should meet him soon." He scratched his head.

She chuckled softly. "It's okay. Excuse me?" She walked towards her locker and took some books from it. Luhan stared at her curiously. He squinted his eyes, then caught a photo sticked on the locker door. It was a photo of two persons. The girl and a guy.

She slammed the locker door and glared at him with her sharp eyes. "What did you see?"

"I didn't see anything, I swear!"

"Really?"

"Yes. Trust me."

The girl showed a smile and Luhan smiled back at her— more like grinning idiotly. "What's your name?"

"My name is Park Yuchan." She introduced herself. "Don't tell me your name because I knew it already." She giggled. "Lu Han, right? Everyone know about you, Luhan. You're becoming popular on your first day at school and that's just great. Maybe you'll be one of the school kingkas—"

"No, thanks."

She blinked her eyes.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, okay." She smiled. "Do you want to go to the cafetaria with me? You know... do you like some coffee? Or maybe tea? Or do you want ice cream?" She asked awkwardly.

Luhan remained silent.

"Well I—"

"Sounds great." He smiled. "Let's have some coffee together. I'll ask the principal later."

She mumbled softly. "This way." She walked away.

"Are you sure that is the right way to the cafetaria? I think you're wrong." He chuckled softly. 

She turned her back. "Oh, right. My bad."

Luhan walked in front of her. He couldn't stop smiling because of her cuteness. He didn't know why but he felt like she's so familiar to him. He stared at her.

"Why?" She tilted her head. Curiously.

"Nothing."

***