•one

Later.

 

 

"I have told you many times, haven't I?" She shouted. "Don't be a stubborn person, Leera! You almost killed yourself!" She crossed her arms and exhaled deeply. "It's not the first time, though. But I'm being serious, Leera. If you do that again, I'll meet your step-mother and–"

"You don't have to." Leera stared at woman with her big eyes. "Don't tell her."

Saeyeon messed her hair. "Aigoo.. if only Taeyeon is still here.." She murmured. With a trembled voice, she said. "If she's still here, maybe you won't do anything like this. That guy– Junho. Why did your Mom marry that jerk?" She wiped away her tears. "I'll always here for you, Leera." She wrapped her arms around her nephew's small body.

"She won't be back, Ahjumma." She whispered softly.

"I know. I know right." Saeyeon kissed the top of Leera's head. "That's why I'm here for you, Leera."

Leera moved back a bit when Saeyeon broke the warm hug. She sighed and looked around. It was Leera and her mom's favorite place. The family room. They used to spend their time together in this room. The special room. Half of the room was made by wood– her dad was the one who decorated this place. It supposed to be his working room but Leera really loved this place. So, he changed it to be the family room.

"Just go away from their house, Leera. They don't care about you." Saeyeon said.

Dad does care about me. Leera spoke to herself. Her step-mother and step-sister were the one who didn't care about her. They didn't want her. 

Her parents divorced when she were 8. Her mom moved to Canada, while she's staying with her dad in Korea. Since her dad was always busy, she often spent her time with the maids of the house. Since the divorcement, she felt like her dad never had a time for her. Even on the weekend. Leera didn't care about it anyway. But not after her dad brought a woman to the house and introduced her as his future-wife.

Leera stopped to have interactions with her dad since that time. She hated him. So much.

And her step-mother, Jina, she lightly said, "Kim Leera, I will be your mother soon. Forget that Taeyeon. She's not a part of this family anymore– just throw her away."

She was mad. Her life was broken. 

A week before her dad and her step-mother marriage, she received a news that made her life became worse. Her mom died. She cried a lot that time, locked herself in her room for a couple of days.

When the big day, the marriage between her dad and her step-mother came, everyone– her big family, her cousins, her friends did come. But she didn't. And she wouldn't come. She has changed since that time. She never smiled, laughed– expressionless. Just like a robot.

"I will stay with them." She said with a small voice. Saeyeon looked away. 

Silence.

"See you later, Ahjumma." Leera stood up from her seat. "Thanks for saving me." She bowed and walked away.

 

***

 

"Where have you been?" Jieun, her step-sister who was younger than her by 2 years hissed. "My Mom was looking for you. She even called your homeroom teacher. Did you hang out with your friends– I mean the boys? Why did you change your clothes? Did you have a great time with them?" She smirked. With a small voice, she murmured .

Right. She was wearing Saeyeon's clothes. Leera stared at her without any expressions. "Shut up ." With big steps, she walked into the house.

Jieun scoffed and closed the door. "My Mom and Dad went out for dinner. It's just two of us here. Go make something for dinner. I'll wait at the living room." She said.

Leera sighed. "Do you think I will do what you said? Cook something by yourself. Didn't you make the great meals for breakfast today?" She stared at her.

Jieun blinked. "Sorry? It was the maids who made it. I just said that it was me who made the meals." She chuckled. "Now listen to me. I'm hungry. Make me some foods. The maids have already gone home." She walked away.

 Leera stared blankly at her. Soon as Jieun went away, she walked straight to her room on the second floor. She threw her body to the bed, closed her eyes tightly.

Leera walked slowly on the han riverside. She could feel the breeze all over her face. Her long dark brown hair tied up except her bangs. The benchs near the river were a great place to think about your life problems. And Leera agreed with that fact. 

She stared at the calm river. It was 8PM. Something crazy passed by her mind.

It was cold but Leera didn't feel it. She continued to walk deeper into the river. Just when the water reached her neck, someone grabbed her body and pulled it forcely out from the river.

"Why did you do this again?!"

It was her aunt.

Leera's eyes opened. She stared at the ceiling.

 

What's wrong with me?

 

***