Extra Part I

Shadows of the Dark - Extra Parts

Remember to head on the main story if you have not read that yet. Read the main story before reading this! :)

Link is in the foreword :3 And for others that have been following the main story, here is the extra part I you have been waiting for :)

 

Extra Part I:

A/N: I try to keep this as PG as I can, so I pushed all the to Part II, for my y lovers, keep a lookout for that part.

---

[[MORE]]- Four Months after Hyunseung got discharged from the hospital -

 

Jun,

By the time you read this letter, I bet on my last penny that I am dead. I would not ask you for forgiveness because I do not want to be forgiven. I have envied your life since the moment I figured out about your family background. But I do love you as a friend, a brother. I enjoyed your company and your humour, I didn't have much friends and I really wanted things to be that way for a long time, but I gave in. I know I was weak and I gave in to the darkness, I know what I have done is irreversible. I do not know what is right or wrong any more. It is like a demon is eating up my mind every single breath I take. My mind would constantly tell me that every single move I make is a waste of resources and you, you who are perfect in every single thing you do, is way further in front of me. I feel suffocated. It feels like I'm dust. The dust in the air particles which makes people feel sick and irritated with. The dust that no family would want in their house floor when they have guests over. The dust that many would get rid off the minute they lay their eyes on. Jun, never forgive me, but please forget me. Forget this monster you ever befriended with, this is the last favour I would need to ask from you in this lifetime. I wish you the best of luck in the rest of your life ahead.

Carpe Diem.

Yang Seungho.

 

"Seungho hyung, I am never perfect and far from perfect. I have a hole in my heart because you are gone. You are my first ever best friend in my life. I will never do you this last favour. You were so cruel to me, so cruel to Hyunseung. I will never do as you say, I will be as cruel to you as you did. I will never forget you, forgetting you would make it too easy for you... I would never... Never forget... Hyung, I'm sorry..."

Junhyung kneel in front of Seungho's grave, eyes red and swollen from crying too much. He got a letter from Officer Lee after Seungho's case was closed. Lee Joon had found this letter from Seungho's hotel room after they cleared the room for any other evidence or weapons. Yang Enterprise didn't make a funeral for Seungho, just a few friends he knew praying for him at the church and buried his coffin. Yongguk helped Junhyung up.

"Thank you for the letter, Officer."

"You are welcome."

Lee Joon smiled and left the two guys alone. Yongguk patted his hyung on the shoulder.

"I guess I'm lucky I knew about my true birth since I knew what is family."

Junhyung stared at Yongguk in despair.

"Okay, sorry, bad joke."

Junhyung kept quiet and wiped off the wet tears on his cheeks. 

Yongguk shrugged, "Anyway, why didn't you bring Hyunseung along?"

Junhyung shook his head, "I don't want him to be reminded of any thing concerning hyung any more."

Yongguk sighed, "Why suffer alone hyung..."

"I have you with me now."

"Whoa, that just made my heart skip a beat."

"Don't fall for me now, it's ." Junhyung smiled.

Yongguk smiled back, "That's the handsome face my hyung should have. You look lame with tears."

The younger one teased. He throw his arm across Junhyung's drooping shoulders and squeezed them.

"Cut yourself some slack, Hyunseung can walk properly now and he can even run without any pain. Stop blaming yourself and stop thinking about Seungho already. Let the dead man rest in peace."

 

---

 

"Jang Hyunseung!"

Hyunseung turned to see Seungho staring at him with a bullet stuck on his right temple.

"Kill me! Kill me!"

Hyunseung looked down to his own hands to see himself holding onto the exact gun Seungho used to kill himself with blood stains all over his hands, shirt and his feet. Seungho dropped to the ground with a big thud and blood flowing out of his mouth.

"Ahhhh!!!"

"Hey hey hey!"

Junhyung hugged the frightened Hyunseung.

"Shh shh... It's a dream, just a nightmare."

Hyunseung was panting heavily while trying to get his head around his surroundings. He was spending the weekend with Junhyung in his apartment and took a nap while Junhyung went out with Yongguk. Junhyung claimed that he will be out for some business that were confidential. But Hyunseung knew it was something about Seungho because these few months, Junhyung have been careful to not remind Hyunseung about anything that concerns Seungho. He also saw Junhyung's phone flashing Officer Lee Joon's contact number when it rang.

"You all right?"

Hyunseung hugged and pressed his face into Junhyung's shoulder. He was thinking too much about Seungho that he got this nightmare.

"It's just... I dream of Seungho."

Hyunseung felt Junhyung tense up immediately at the mention of his name.

"I guess I was too concerned of what you were out doing and kept thinking about Seungho and had this weird dream."

"I'm sorry... I promised not to leave, but I left you alone this afternoon."

"No, no. It's okay, it's just a dream."

Hyunseung smiled and kissed Junhyung. But he quickly drew back his head and covered his lips.

"Opps, do I have bad breath? I just woke up from a nap."

Junhyung chuckled, "I love you even if you smelly nasty."

Junhyung pressed Hyunseung back on the sheets and hovered over him. Both of them smiled happily, looking deeply into each other's eyes. Hyunseung gently rubbed the corner of Junhyung's right ear.

"I love you too."

Hyunseung pulled Junhyung in by his shirt. The latter sneaked his tongue into his boyfriend's mouth. While their tongues collided and danced together, Hyunseung moaned when Junhyung rubs against his tongue piercing. He run his palms up and down Junhyung's clothed torso. Both of them stiffened at the sound of knocks on the door. Junhyung sighed and dropped his head into the crook of the elder's neck.

The other chuckled, "Yes?"

"Sorry to bother you, Hyunseung-ssi. Is Jun-ssi with you?"

"Yes, I'm here Namji. Come in."

The door knob was turned and the door opened to reveal the same pretty and smart looking female staff. Her smiles were contagious, making both of the males smile back at her.

"Dinner is ready. Sir and Madam wishes for the both of you to join them for the meal tonight."

Namji tried to keep her most professional look on as Junhyung got up from Hyunseung. He went towards the door and whisper in Namji's ear, "Thank you for stopping me before I become a virtue thief."

Namji bit her lips to hide her smile. Junhyung winked at Hyunseung.

"We will continue this after I seek your parents' approval."

Hyunseung chuckled, "Are you asking for my hand, my Lord?  And which parents did you meant? The ones living with me, or the group of parents I have in Dusk?"

Junhyung laughed, "Oh, I forgot you are the child with many parents. Come on, don't keep my only pair of parents waiting."

The younger reached out his hand waiting for Hyunseung to take it. The once injured male got up to his feet. The scars on his palm, shoulder and torso were still visible. He was no longer limping and his knee was getting better through the physiotherapy. Hyunseung stretched his stiff body that just woke up from his nap.

"Awh, man. It's so unfair when you are so damn y."

Hyunseung blushed and covered Junhyung's mouth, "I didn't know you were such a ert a few months ago."

Junhyung laughed, "Can't contain myself when I have such a beautiful boyfriend on my bed."

Junhyung placed a kiss on Hyunseung's neck before taking his hand and going into the lift. Hyunseung smiled and stared at Junhyung and squeezed his hand.

It's a blessing in disguise.

 

---

 

Yoseob twitched awake when Doojoon brushed his thumb across his chin. He whines and presses his face into something that appears to be Doojoon's neck.

"Wake up, sleepyhead. We got a birthday party to plan."

Yoseob shook his head and wrapped his arms around Doojoon's torso.

"Five minutes."

Doojoon kissed Yoseob's temple and pulled the covers away from their bodies. Carrying up Yoseob in bridal style, made the fully recovered vice president yelp in surprise.

"We could use that five minutes for some bonding time in the shower."

Yoseob slapped Doojoon's chest, "No, I'm tired from last night."

"Oh, that sounds vulgar for those who understands what you hinted. You dirty minded boy, I said bonding using words, not your body. But I wouldn't reject if you offered."

Doojoon gave Yoseob's glorious body a sharp look.

"Hey, that's mean. Stop looking at me like I'm a plate filled with sushi!"

"I prefer a buffet of it."

Doojoon kicked the door closed with his leg.

 

---

 

"Cheers!"

Four champagne flutes clinked in the air. Hyunseung, Junhyung and his parents were sitted on a large rectangular table in the centre of the apartment's living room.

"It's nice to see you, Hyunseung."

Yong Jaesuk smiled as he placed his glass back down on the dinning table after taking a sip.

"You have been with Junhyung for a few months, but I'm so sorry this is the first time all of us sat down to have a meal together."

"Ah no, it's okay, uncle. You are a busy business man. And I doubt our last meeting left a good impression any way."

"Silly boy."

Junhyung's mother, Jung Seohyun, smiled sweetly at Hyunseung.

"We always teach our boys to forgive others when you have the chance to do so, don't wait till it's too late to give your forgiveness. And if we take it to mind about what happened to Yongguk, then how are we going ask for your forgiveness for what Junhyung had got you into?"

"That is not h-"

Hyunseung rushed to defend his boyfriend. Jaesuk stopped him before he could say anything, "Well, isn't all these in the past? Always forgive others when you still have the chance to do so, life is short and unpredictable. You wouldn't know what will happen to us the next second."

Junhyung laughed, "Drop this heavy topic. Another toast to us being forgiving people!"

The three others laughed and raise their glasses. The dinner went on with Junhyung joking around, making them laugh and smiles were attached to their faces.

 

---

 

"Kim Yukwon!"

"Wae?!"

Yukwon remained unmoved as he sat there glaring into space.

"Get your lazy off the seat and help us clean up the place! They are coming over soon to decorate!"

"But I'm tired!"

Yukwon whined and folded his arms across his chest. Kyung placed his hands on waist and sighed in defeat.

"Seriously, you had a day off last night. So why are you so tired?"

Yukwon pouted, "Ask that guy over there. Keeping me up all night, its even more tiring than having to work the whole night."

Kyung rolled his eyes and stared at the male wiping the tables. Minhyuk awkwardly coughed while rubbing his hands on his apron.

"...I... Forgot about the time and had too much fun..."

"You had lots of fun and now my hips are killing me."

Yukwon groaned and slumped on the bar top. Zico laughed and shook his head.

"And why do we have to spend Hyunseung hyung's birthday with so many people this year? He promised me last year that it would only be us!"

"Kwon, if I were to make a promise with you that I will spend your next birthday with you and we were to break up one month before your birthday, will you still come over to my house and spend it with me? Things change, baby. He has a boyfriend, you can't force him to make a choice between his boyfriend and best friends. Its the best choice to make all of us spend it together with him."

"That's what we call lust over friends."

Taeil said while jumping off the stage and walked towards the others at the bar counter. Zico laughed while wiping the glass cups.

"It's supposed to be love, dude."

"Nah, I think they already ed."

"Hey, that's vulgar."

Pyo walked into the club. The teenager had turned twenty before Seungho's incident. He came beside Taeil and wrapped his hand around his waist. Pyo's family is one of the shareholders for Zico's club, so it makes him partly an owner.

"Stop flirting, we have to get these all cleaned up. Oh right, baby, did you call them?"

"Who?"

Zico took his eyes away from the glasses and looked at Kyung with confused eyes. Kyung gave him an angry look before Zico realised he had forgotten to make that call when his boyfriend warned him to not forget in the morning.

"I will make the call now!"

"You better make sure they can make it."

Kyung was exasperated with his boyfriend.

"Remind me to never tell him to do anything when he is on my bed."

Kyung mumbled to Yukwon before storming off to clean the other tables. Zico quickly made the call.

Yukwon shrugged, "They only think with their on bed."

"Don't say it like you don't."

Taeil shouted while walking back to the stage.

 

---

 

"... Oh, sure, yeah... you managed to contact both of them? ... Namji? Oh, okay... Thank you so much, Zi... Yup, bye."

Junhyung ended the call. He turned and jumped out of his skin when Hyunseung was just standing behind him.

"Oh my dear heavens, my heart almost stopped. Why are you standing here, love?"

"Listening to your conversation and wondering which woman you were calling behind my back."

Junhyung laughed and circled his arms around Hyunseung. Their faces were only an inch away. The taller male are staring directly onto Hyunseung's lips.

"One, I'm not interested in females. Two, he is a male and he is Zico. Three, I'm not talking behind your back. Because technically, you were behind my back."

"So you are secretly dating Zico?"

Junhyung looked like he just ate something that had been expired for ten years. Hyunseung burst out laughing.

"Hey! Zi is my best friend! He is not a bad catch!"

"But he is not you!"

Hyunseung tried covering his smile with a pout, "Sweet-talker."

Hyunseung poked his index finger on Junhyung's lower lip. The younger suddenly opened his mouth and bit onto Hyunseung's finger.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

Junhyung let go of his finger when his boyfriend gave a little tug. Hyunseung pressed his nose on Junhyung's with a huge smile on his face. The younger kissed him lightly.

"Time to party, baby."

Junhyung pulled Hyunseung's hand and told Namji that he will be going out till late tonight.

"We are going to party at Dusk?"

Hyunseung was sincerely shocked. Ever since that incident with Seungho, Junhyung had always hang his head low in front of his friends and family because he was self-blaming. But it was nice to see Junhyung getting out of it and back to his happy self.

"Yup, you can't dance, but you can watch and have fun!"

Junhyung pulled Hyunseung along with him into the club after they got out of the car. The surprised male felt a little odd as the club was quiet from the outside. It would usually be blasting of songs and people would always be walking in and out of the doors of the club. But it was too quiet and calm.

"Hmmm... Did Zi closed it tonight? It seems too quiet."

Junhyung said while pulling Hyunseung along.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking too... But it's strange since Zi would not close the club even if he has something on, he would ask Jaehyo or Kyung to man it while he was away."

"Let's go in and check it out."

Junhyung's hand suddenly pulled away from Hyunseung's as he pushed the door opened. Junhyung was suddenly dragged into the darkness and Hyunseung couldn't see where he went.

"Jun...? Jun, where are you? I can't see you..."

Hyunseung was starting to panic when the lights were and loud screams of "SURPRISE!" rang in his ears. The birthday boy stood rooted to the ground when a birthday song started playing in the background.

"Oh my god, ! All of you scared me!"

All of them laughed as Hyunseung started recognising familiar faces. Zico was the one who pulled Junhyung in with Kyung standing beside him. Yukwon and Minhyuk were holding hands, standing at the corner with Jaehyo. There were a few of the regular customers that Hyunseung have always known them. And the one standing on the DJ was Taeil while Doojoon and Yoseob were standing in the middle of the stage. Yongguk and Himchan walked towards him and each pulled one of his hands. They pulled him towards the stage while the crowd made way for them to pass through.

"Yongguk... Himchan...?"

Hyunseung got up the stage with Junhyung standing behind him.

"Happy birthday, Jang Hyunseung!"

The crowd roared out in wishes, cheers and whistles. Hyunseung stood dumbfounded and unable to speak. Junhyung laughed and patted his shoulders.

"Breathe, baby. Are you having stage fright?"

Everyone laughed because they knew Hyunseung would not have stage frights, at least not on this stage where he have danced on for years. Hyunseung cleared his throat in awkwardness.

"Gosh, I was really surprised. I thought my boyfriend is just going to take me here to meet up with my friends and have a few drinks, that's all. Thank you everyone. Thank you each and everyone that came here tonight. This will be my best birthday ever."

The audience cheered again loudly and Hyunseung spotted Heechul with Hangeng. He smiled to them and they smiled back. Junhyung then took over the microphone.

"Thank you to Doojoon and Yoseob for setting up this place. Zico and Pyo, thank you for lending us this place for the night. I decided to make this party and make this a special day for the most special person in my heart. The things that happened these past few months are something I would wish to erase it from his life. But since I am unable to do so, I just wish to create happier memories to fade off the bad ones. Thank you for everyone who are here with us tonight to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday!"

Doojoon then escorted Hyunseung down the stage and to the side, leaving only Junhyung alone on the stage. Jaehyo got onto the stage and passed Junhyung a guitar. The latter thanked him and turned towards Taeil and nodded to the DJ.

 

(A/N: Play this video.)

Junhyung sang as the song started playing. Hyunseung covered his mouth in surprised. He remembered how Junhyung had told him that he was always afraid to sing on stage because he thinks that his voice isn't as powerful compared to others.

I know we made mistakes
I see through all the tears
And that's what got us here

 

Junhyung smiles as he sings.

What made us feel this way
You see through all my fears
And that's what got us here

 

Hyunseung felt tears pricking his eyes.

Love is an ocean wide
We'll swim in the tears we cry
They'll see us through to the other side
We're gonna make it

When love is a raging sea
You can hold on to me
We'll find a way tonight, we'll find a way tonight
Love is an ocean wide
Love is an ocean wide

 

As the song ends, Junhyung placed the guitar on the floor while he spoke into the microphone on his hand. He looked directly into Hyunseung's tearing eyes.

"No matter how I told you I dislike my singing voice, you always tell me that my voice is perfect. That I don't have to worry because you love it. I have always remembered the time when I told you I wish to pick up guitar and you told me that you love it when a guy plays a guitar. You said that you wish I could play a guitar because you would love to take a picture of me and frame it up in your room. I love how you always encourage me with small little gestures and when I would get stressed while trying to write a new song, you would come over and give me a small kiss with your sweet smile."

Hyunseung let out a laugh while crying.

"I am really thankful that you will still willing to be with me after everything I put you through. And let me see the world in a different light. I love you."

Hyunseung jumped up the stage and hugged Junhyung tightly.

"I love you too."

The rest of the audience cheered in happiness. Zico got onto the stage and picked up the microphone. He raised his cup to the sky.

"Everyone, drinks are on me tonight. Enjoy yourselves and once again, happy birthday Hyunseung hyung. Cheers!"

Hyunseung smiled and screamed, "Thank you everyone!"

Junhyung laughed and pressed his nose of Hyunseung.

"Thank you for the wonderful night."

Hyunseung kissed Junhyung on the lips.

If someone were to ask me if I have ever been in love, I would reply that I don't know. Because love is blind.

 

---

 

A/N: HI. I'm so so so so sorry for the late update. I lost all my plot bunnies after reaching the part where Jun wanted to sing. So... it took me one month to get back here. Or more than a month. I'm not quite sure. School has started for me and its funny how I always have lots of plot bunnies when I'm studying for exams or rushing assignments. Oh well, I will try to update the next part as soon as I can but no promises because my skills are rusty.

Anyway, the next part will have two songs. I just love adding songs into my fics now. Do listen to them while reading k!

And after SOTD is done with part 2, I might be starting with a Banghim fic. A short five chapters banghim. My first attempt.

Bye!