prologue.

Puppet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kris, why did you call me again?” A tall, striking figure walks into the dim lit room and takes his hands out of his pockets. He grabs a chair and pulls it towards the table in the middle of the room.

“Sehun, your final mission is ready.”

Sehun scowls at the thought of the word “mission.” His previous mission he was involved in was a long time ago but he still couldn’t forget it. He never wanted to go back to Earth even if it meant staying in the Vacant Planet forever. Even then, he couldn’t help but feel curious, “Is it any different from the last one?”

Kris shakes his head, “It’s making a puppet fall in love with you again and unfortunately for you, it’s a boy again.”

Sehun sighs and leans his head back. “Can I not do it? I don’t want something happening like last time,” the volume in his voice slowly increases as he spoke. He leans his body forward and slams his palms over the table separating him from Kris.

“Please, can you do the mission for me instead? You know I don’t want to see another puppet again.” Sehun’s eyes are filled with desperation. Going back to Earth meant that the pain would never heal but only get worse.

“I’m sorry, Sehun. I could only do one of your missions which I already did in the past. There’s no way out of this unless you want to stay in this empty world.” Sehun pouts and Kris smiles sincerely, “At least when you have missions, you get to go to Earth and when you’re done, you get to go back to EXO Planet. I stay in this Vacant Planet all day – I don’t get to go to Earth to complete my missions until you and your rival are done with yours.”

“Rival?”

“Ah yes. The mission is different from your previous works. You have competition now. According to the natural laws of Vacant, the one who gets the puppet to fall in love with them first goes home.”

Sehun furrows his eyebrows, “Then what happens to the one who doesn’t?”

“He stays in Earth forever.”

“Like what they did with him,” Sehun whispers, his heart aching at the contemplation of his past partner.

“Yes. But the fate he met was just much rarer than what would normally happen. Many bad things happen in Earth but there are also many good things that come along with it.”

Sehun laughs grudgingly, “Yeah sure.”

“Just sign the papers.”

Sehun shakes his head, “I don’t want to.”

“Sehun, if you stay in this planet for too long, you’ll eventually disappear. Whether you win or lose, you’ll be safer there than in here and as your leader, I can’t let you disappear lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter