Crushed Wishes

Sweet and Bitter Moments

     The sun rays shot in my eyes the second I woke up. Giving a quick glance around the room to figure out where I actually was, I quickly realized what happened last night. 

     "Did.. Yejun and I really make out?" I was dazed because everything went by so fast yesterday that I couldn't tell the difference between reality and dreams.

Shaking off the thought for the time being, I got up. Yejun was still sound asleep. I pulled the blankets up and shut the curtains so he could sleep. I headed off the the washroom with my clothes and did the whole daily routine thing. Brush my hair, straighten my hair, brush my teeth, wash my face, apply some face cream, eye liner, concealer, powder, change into clothes and done. Simple. I wanted to go do some shopping today so my outfit was pretty casual. Dark grey skinny jeans and a three quarter length sleeved pink shirt. I came out only to see Yejun sitting up with the blankets wrapped around him as if he were an eskimo from Alaska or something. He was in total puppy eyes mode. 

     "Oppa? What on Earth are you doing?"

     "You weren't here when I woke up..."

     "Oh I was in the bathroom. You want to come shopping with me? I have to buy some things."

     "Okay okay. Sure. I don't have any schedules today. Raehyun and Jinon are at vocal practices and Daegon is with Kan perfecting the new dance we learned a couple weeks ago."

Yejun smiled and got up. 

     "That is not possible. There is no way that we could have made out. " I whispered to myself. 

I checked my SNS (Social Networking Sites for those of you who don't know) and 10 minutes later Yejun came out. I put my phone and debit card into the pockets of my pants and went for the door. Before I even reached the door knob, he entwined his fingers between mine. I was caught off guard so I turned back.

     "Yejun is something the matter?"

He pulled me back and wrapped his arms around my waist. I swear we were literally 3 inches apart from eachother. I didn't want to look up. I felt so flustered. I went from being completely calm to having ten thousand butterflies in my stomach. I just stared at his collarbone for what seemed like the longest time. Yejun giggled and started leaning forward. Giving up, I looked up and our eyes met. Unable to tell what his emotions were he kept leaning in. Inch by inch, centimeter by centimeter we were getting closer. I had no intent to stop him because I couldn't move. My body felt like it was paralyzed. Our lips met but unlike what it was last night, there was no force. He was being extremely sensitive and gentle about it. His lips were just as soft, warm and sweet which made it seem like I was kissing cotton candy. 100% irresistable. Pulling apart he looked at me with a gaze nobody else could.

     "I hope you know that last night wasn't a dream. It was all real."

Yejun let my waist go and entwined his fingers between mine again. No words were said. The air between us was just really awkward in my opinion even if we were holding hands. Yejun being the cute person he is, had a huge smile stretched across his face from ear to ear. I thought he was the happiest person alive for a second there. I slipped into my flats as he slipped into his canvas shoes. Once again, no words were said until we reached the elevator to my apartment. 

     "Last night wasn't a dream? Are you being real?"

     "Uh huh. Hehe."

I felt a surge of relief as I looked ahead again but I also felt a little uncomfortable depsite the fact that I really enjoyed what happened. We got some breakfast at the local IHOP and headed for the mall. 

     "Yejun oppa do you want to buy anything specific?"

     "Not really. Maybe if I see something I like. Oh! I need a new pair of ear buds, mine are starting to break."

     "Okay we can head to the electronic store first then."

After 3 hours of casual slow shopping and lots of window shopping I finally got what I want and Yejun got all that he wanted. I bought 2 new tops, 1 pair of jeans, some shorts for track, some socks, a couple new makeup brushes and ingredients for dinner tonight. Yejun got ear buds, a shirt, a new jacket for winter, another pair of canvas shoes because he obviously doesn't have enough and a new phone case. 

     "Oh Melanie, it's movie day next week! Remember?"

     "Yeah. November 14th. Hehe why wouldn't I remember. The 14th of every month is the best!"

     "Haha you are right! Movies you want to watch? I have no preference."

     "Neither do I. Lets just watch whatever is there that day."

Hauling our stuff back home, Yejun explained why he did what he did last night. 

     "Well.. I have been dating you for about 3 years now and I haven't been able to do it to that level yet. I was too nervous you know? I really wanted to but I just couldn't. I was scared. I thought you wouldn't like it or be really uncomfortable with it. Something of that sort. That time and place was just perfect so I kinda just did it... Sorry if I over surprised you or anything. I just honestly wanted to do it."

     "Oh.. It's okay. I didn't have a problem with it at all."

     "Serious? So is it okay if we can do it again? If it isn't okay with you then we won't. I don't want to hurt you or anything."

     "Fine with me of course! No need to hold anything back! I love you so why should I say no? Hehe"

It was then that our attention was caught by Yejun's manager running over.

     "I will take your stuff home. You might want to speak to her without me. See you later. Love you."

     "Okay. Love you too."

I grabbed Yejun's shopping bags and left Yejun's screaming manager behind. The last thing I heard was her saying "Shim Yejun! I know you don't have any schedules today but I can't take this anymore! Get in the car NOW!"

The next day I went off to school. I haven't seen Yejun since yesterday. He didn't come home or did he call me. I was on my way to school when my study buddy, Woo SaeRyun caught up with me. He had dark brown hair, fair skin and was nearly as tall as Yejun. He is also good looking and all the girls at school swoon just when he walks down the halls. It is a little over the top but either way, I don't find any interest in him. Not my type and I have a boyfriend anyways. 

     "Hey Melanie ssi, wanna trade numbers? We should probably do so if we want to study because of mid terms."

     "Sure! Smart thinking!"

We gave eachother our phones and entered our numbers in. I checked the time and it was getting a little late. I told SaeRyun that he should probably go if he wants to make it to his school council meeting on time. He also asked for some money because he has to pay his friend back. Right as I was about to give my money to him and take my phone back, Yejun appeared. His face was filled with the feeling of being betrayed and anger. Darn. He misunderstood. I wonder what happened with his manager... 
     "What... are you doing?"

     "My study buddy was just asking for my number so we could study together and some money to pay back his friend. He is now in a hurry because he has to get to the school council meeting."

     "Can I trust you?"

     "Of course! I love you and you only. Okay?"

     "Okay."     

     "So what happened with you and your manager yesterday?"

     "Oh its nothing. She just got mad at me for leaving my dorm room messy all the time. Haha my fault. I don't blame her for getting mad."

I said farewell to Yejun as I head off for school. He had his schedules today. The day passed and I went home. All of a sudden, SaeRyun found me and pushed me into an alley. He had me pinned onto the wall. He told me he had a surprise for me so I had to close my eyes. Doing so, I stood there without saying anything. Footsteps. Quick ones too. Someone else was in front of the alley way.

     "Hey! Melanie Shier! What on Earth do you think you are doing with him?!" 

It was Yejun. His voice was filled with anger and fury. My eyes ripped open and I instantly became terrified. SaeRyun didn't let go of me. I was so scared. It looked like SaeRyun was about to kiss me and like I was accepting it. He ran over and tackled him aside. From that moment on, I couldn't move. I was frozen. All I could do was look down at the ground as Yejun yelled at me. I felt so much shame. It hurt. I wanted to start crying. But I had no reason to cry. Yejun misunderstood. Simple as that. 

     "Why?! Melanie why? Is he really just your study buddy? I dated you for almost 3 years and you do this to me? Do you even understand how much I love and care about you? I don't even think I can trust you anymore! Do you want to break up? Do you actually like me? I thought I was the only one you loved? What do really think about me? Do you know how much this hurts? I have never loved anyone as much as I love you and now I come to see you with another man! Have some feelings and a heart Melanie! It really hurts!! I want to die it hurts so much! My manager doesn't want me to date you anymore and now you betray me?!"

     "Yejun... It isn't like that... He ju-"

     "No. Just no. Just leave me alone. I don't even want to talk to you anymore. If you want to break up then tell me but just know that I still love you. Keep that in mind."

The last thing heartbreaking thing I remembered of that day was Yejun running off with tears streaming down his face. I wished for more happy memories with Yejun and this is what I get. I spent the rest of the night sulking and being depressed. I didn't know what to do. SaeRyun was just my study buddy and I still want to be with Yejun. I don't want to just let him go like that. I sent a text to him and went to bed. The text read: I am sorry. Please don't leave me. I don't want to break up so please.