Playing Role

Stupid Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm really shocked at my mom's question just now that makes me unable to gulp my food inside my mouth. Her eyes still are looking at me,  waiting for my answer. Covering up my nervousness, ichuckle slightly before answering.

"Aiiish, Umma. What are you saying? Of course i'm not, " i avoid her gaze as playing the spoon on the plate. I can see her sighing in relieved after i answered it.

"Good then. I thought you were dating a girl. Remember Yoona, you are a girl. It's against the world and society if you were dating a girl, "

I'm acting casually as watching my mom saying those words. "Of course,  Umma,  i knew it. Don't worry. Yuri and i are friends only. She's just like Sooyoung, " i take another spoon of my food into my mouth again and chew it.

"Then, when are you gonna to have a boyfriend again,  Yoona? Or, you already had one? "

"Ahh, c'mon,  Umma. Don't talk about boyfriend thing again for now. You knew already that i'm still focusing on my career first, " i pout, kinda upset since she brought the topic of boyfriend up again.

"Ne.. Ne. Arasseo. However, don't be a single for a long time, Yoona. You need to get married too, "

I ruffle my hair in frustration, being upset even more. A boyfriend thing has made me lazy,  and now about marriage?

"Umma, please. Just don't talk about marriage or boyfriend thing anymore for now, okay. Is there any problem to be a single? I'm single and i'm happy now. Aren't you happy seeing your beloved daughter happy? "

She put her hands on the table,  as her eyes are looking at me. "Of course i am. Just, your brother already had a girlfriend,  Yoona. You should think about having a boyfriend too, "

I look away, starting to be kinda mad and yet i still can hold it, since i can't burst my upset immediately in front of her. A woman in front of me is my own mom after all. "Umma, my brother is my brother. Let him be. I'm different and i have my own path.I'm single now since i haven't met a right person to me. And i'm enjoying my days without any boyfriend now. I just wanna focus on my career and i don't want any guyruins it. Just don't worry, i believe that someday i will find a right person then get married with him,"i blurt what i feel to her as polite as possible with a right word selection and with a firm yet soft tone so i won't hurt her. After i finish blurting my emotion, i stand up as holding my plate, gonna put it on the sink in the kitchen since i lost my appetite already because of my mom's topic.

After i washed my plate, i take the steps to my room that makes my mom sitting on the chair still asks me. "Where are you going, Yoona? "

"My room, Umma. Wanna go to sleep again since i'm still sleepy, " i say calmly as heading to my room. Right after i'm in my room again, i drop my body to the bed. I reach my hand to take my phone that is on my table, checking on it and i was right that there's a message. I open it and the sender of the message make me smiling a bit.

"Good mowwwniiing, Yoong Babe. Have a nice Sunday. Dunno why i've missed you already, though we just met last night, "

I don't need to take a long time to reply it. "Heeey, mowwniiing too my Yul Baby. Have a nice Sunday. Missed you too sooooo much. Wanna meet you again soon. Kekeke"

How can a simple greeting message from her make me smiling like an idiot? Then, my phone is vibrating again. Another message from Yuri.

"Did you sleep well last night? I thought you said that you wanted to wake up late since you got off day today, "

"Indeed, " i yawn loudly since i can't hold my sleepiness anymore. My eyes are still heavy and i barely can open them. "But my mom woke me up to have breakfast together, so i was forced to do it, "i'm hugging my bolster tightly as texting to reply her message. Waiting for her reply, i'm closing my eyes to ease my pain on them.Suddenly, i hear a sound of waves.

Mwo? Why can i be here? Aren't i in my room? I look around, in front of me is a beautiful sea, the water is clean, as clean as glass, i can see fishes swimming happily and the colorful corals inside. The birds are flying cheerfully. All about this is so calming. I take a step, wanting to feel the wateron my feet. I close my eyes as the water touch them.

"Yoona, "

Mwo? Is there someone calling me? Who is that? That sound is so familiar. The sound is like a shout from a far.

"Yoona, "

I open my eyes and look at the rightof me, from the distance, a girl, a familiar girl, long hair, tanned-skin, is running to me.

"Yuri, " i exclaim happily as i see her. She keeps on running to me, with the water under her feet that make it splashing a bit. She's wearing a short denim and a white shirt. She's so stunning. I'm standing in my place, waiting for her to arrive here. As she's near already, i'm quite surprised that she doesn't ease her running speed.

"Y-Yul, go slow, " i'm so panicked seeing her keep on running to me and she jumps into me all of a sudden makes me lost my balance, resulting us to land on the sand.

"Ooouucch, " i feel pain on my back and the scenery of sea disappeared. Mwo? I'm back in my room? I'm looking around. Yeah, this is indeed my room. The door is openand i see my mom quite startled seeing me on the floor.

"Yoona, what happened? I heard a loud thud just now, "

"Emm, " i try to rise from my position as rubbing my back. It's so pain that makes me wincing silently. "I just fell down from my bed, Umma, " i sit on the edge of my bed as still rubbing my hurt back.

My mom furrows her eyebrows, confused at my word. "How could you? "

I scratch my head randomly as feeling kinda embarrassed to tell what happened to her. "I was sleeping and without i realized, i fell down, Umma, " i grin to hide my shyness. Of course i'm shy.Who's on the earth that is able to fall down from the bed while sleeping? With a loud thud. And furthermore, i've grown up already and i shouldn't have slept till fall down.

My mom shakes her head in disbelief with my behavior. "Just like a baby you are, " i can only grin as scratching my head. "Your phone is ringing, Yoona, "

"Hah? Ah, euh, " i reach my hand to the many directions on the bed to find where my phone is. My bed is kinda mess, with two pillows and a bolster, plus a bed cover that makes me difficult to find my phone. Ah, finally, i can find it under a bed cover. Without looking at the caller id, i pick it up. "Yeoboseo? "

I see my mom shaking her head again and she utters before she walks out of my room. "clean your room today, Yoona-ssi, "

"Nee, Umma, " i reply shortly and continue totalk to another line. I hear clearly an angelic voice from my phone. I know the owner of the voice is. Right after hearing her voice, i'm happy instantly.

"Annyeong, Yul Baby, " i greet her happily.

"Hi, Yoong. What are you doing now? You didn't reply my last message, " oowh, her voice.. She seems whining now. I feel guilty all of a sudden since it was my bad to fall asleep as waiting for her message.

"Mianhae, Baby. I just fell asleep. Dunno why, my eyes were heavy and unconsciously i was aslept, " i place my head on the pillow and lie down comfortably on my bed again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter