The Secret

H U M A N ¤hiatus¤

    "Xiumin?" Mrs. Kim knocks the door. She encourage herself, she needs to tell him. She needs to tell her son about what has happened. Though she can’t bear it, she feels the sadness, she knows what will happen. "I need to tell you this.. I-" tears start to flooding her eyes and streaming down her cheeks. "I.. your dad.." she takes a deep breath and makes herself calm, "he is dead.." she continues. "I know what do you feels right now.. Please, I am right out here for you, just let me in.." silent starts to fill the dark hall. One knock hits the door.

"Mum? Go away.."

    She cannot hold the tears anymore. The sudden reply from her own son really makes her heart stop beating. Heartbroken, is the only word that can be describes on how Mrs. Kim feels right now. Maneuvering from the in front of the door where she was before, stepping away along the dark hall without any words. She cannot do anything. She needs to bear it and tries to face everything that will come. She know, one day Xiumin will come out the door. She is hoping that it will not take forever.


    "Xiumin! I will go to work now!" I hear some footsteps tapping the floor and it is heading to my room. It is my mum. I stretched my body and walk towards my room's door. "I've prepared you a breakfast, come and eat it soon, okay? Bye!". She knocks the door and leave. Although I didn't see her face but I can feels that she is smiling to me. I smile back to her. Everyone must feel the same thing like what I feel right now, if they are in my place. Who don't really miss their own parent? I really miss my mum, but I just can't show myself, I'm scared, too scared.

    I'm heading towards the large window that's been placed at the in front of my bed. Here I can see my mum get in to the car and drive away through the gates. The only way I can see her. Now I'm alone again in this huge house. I know it is bored, but at least I'm free. I can get out from this room and get something to eat.

    I walk down the stairs carefully. My eyes are staring at the every angles of the house. I never spend a lot of time playing around at the hall room, having fun with my mum watching a television together like the others do, take a short nap at my mum's room which is weird but fun and take a walk at the garden. It is really fun to do those things but the only thing that I have done in my life is spending my time in my bedroom. I used to have a private tutor but it has turned out really bad, my tutor stop coming to my house since she knows who I really am. I've froze the room when she is scolding me. I cannot control it. I never meant to do it, I just felt uncomfortable around people. It was not only her, all of my tutors has stop teaching me. It is all because of me. I make them scared of me. After that I never had a tutor. It was a shame but I started to study by my own.

    I walk towards the dining hall. Mum said she had prepared a breakfast for me. I know it was my favorites, I'm sure. It has been three months since my father had gone. I was really terrified that day when my mum told me about what has happened. I cannot control myself that time until I've done something even worst, I make my mum heartbroken. I told her to leave when she just want to help me. She must felt really bad and I feel the same too.

    After I have done eating, I washed off the plate and moving to the living room. I'm full. My mum really knows what I wanted and what my favorite is. It's funny though because I don't even left my room when she is around. I sit on the couch and grab the remote control then, turn on the television which is I never used before. I found something is really interesting when the tape which is already in the decoder has started to playing on the screen.

 

"Mummy looks at our son! Isn't he is chubby like you?"

"Hey! Stop pinching his nose! He will be hurt you know! Stop it! Poor my baby"

"He is my son too! I can do whatever I want! Should I stop recording this precious baby of us? I just can't get rid of it, haha"

"No, don't stop! We can keep it as a precious treasure. We can show it to him when he grow up and will be handsome like you or more handsome!"

"You are such a tease! But maybe he will be better than his own daddy!"

"Hey! Stop it! Give that baozi to me!"

 

    The video is still continuing to plays. I feel my eyes start to get wet and my lips forming a smile. I wish I could feel these moments. I turn off the television and walking towards to my room


    I woke up from my sleep as I heard a car's sound enter the house's gates. It's my mum who just comes back from work. I brushed off my eyes and clear my vision. I'm rushing heading towards the window to greet my mum from a distance. I start to getting confused. What happen? Why does mum brought some strangers with her? I can't believe with what I have seen. My body starts to tremble. Why did my mum bring a woman and a boy home? Why?!

    Slowly the room's temperature is starting to drops. Once again, I frosted my room. Xiumin, please control it, conceal it! I run towards my bed and begin to relaxing myself. Please don't make any troubles Xiumin, you should concern about what you do more than what you will do! "Xiumin, I brought you a new friend. Hope you two can be a good friend!" a couple of knock hit the door. "Why don't you greet him?" My mum said. "Hey! Can I get in?" a sudden stranger's voice is starts lingering in my head. I see my door's knob is slowly twisted, making it way to open the door. "NO!" I point my hand straight at the door and suddenly the wall turns into an ice. "Umm., sorry I don't mean it like that, you can't enter this room, I'm sorry!" my heart is beating so fast. How do I do that? "It's okay! My name is Luhan! Nice to meet you..." "Xiumin!" I continue his words, "Oh, Xiumin! It’s really nice to meet you!" I come closer to the door. Hoping that there is nothing happens at the outside, "Nice to know you to Luhan.." I said slowly. "I will go first! Bye!" I take a deep breath and slowly sit on the floor. I look at my hands in disbelieve. How do I do that? How did I frost the wall? I head towards the bed and make myself lay on it and I close my eyes. I don't want to think about this thing right now. I want to rest my mind.